Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1,700-Year-Old Gold Engraved Cupid Ring Found

Still Waters

An intricately carved gold ring containing a stone engraved with an image of Cupid - a god associated with erotic love - has been discovered near the village of Tangley in the United Kingdom.

In the engraving, Cupid (also known by his Greek name, "Eros") is shown standing completely nude while holding a torch with one hand. The ring dates back around 1,700 years, to a time when the Roman Empire controlled England. The ring was discovered by an amateur metal detectorist.

http://www.livescien...nude-cupid.html

• Like 3

Cool looking ring, and a danged lucky find for the hunter...

I did like the line in the story "The ring may have been worn by a man or a woman"... Ya think?...

• Like 3

I took it to mean instead of it being a woman's ring or a man's ring, it could be worn by either.

• Like 1

I took it to mean instead of it being a woman's ring or a man's ring, it could be worn by either.

Yeah, me too.. It just struck me that way at first...

I long to find something like that. I'd just love to find a piece of this nation's ancient heritage and hand it in to Bolton Museum where people can marvel at it. The joy I will get from seeing people admiring a piece of this great nation's ancient heritage that I found would be wonderful.

Plus, of course, it might make me a few thousand quid.

Edited by Black Monk