Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A dark night is good for your health

Still Waters

Today most people do not get enough sleep. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has called insufficient sleep an epidemic. While we are finally paying attention to the importance of sleep, the need for dark is still mostly ignored.

That's right. Dark. Your body needs it too.

http://theconversati...ur-health-39161

• Like 3

I think this article might help me. I tend to suffer bouts of insomnia from time to time. Not lately, fortunately, but there might be a reason for it to occur. I have had a clock on my night stand for some time now, it has always been a combination of digital lit clock, radio, and CD player. It's digital numbers were always lit, (well like most clocks these days I guess) and you can control the brightness. The clocks I usually get are with larger numbers, and usually in blue or green LED's, that sometimes seem like a night light. I usually don't have the radio on when trying to sleep. I may try putting a piece of dark cloth over the numbers to see if that might make a big difference.

Back in during the fall of 2011, when we had that horrible October snow storm that brought trees, their branches and others things down on us, I noticed something. Of course during that night, hardly got sleep. Considering how I constantly heard trees and their branches snapping and falling and wondering if they would hit our house. (Well, a lot of them did, one knocking out our power, and a really big branch from a really big tree right in front of our house did land part on our roof and part on our front walk), hardly got sleep also because transformers from all over were blowing and the blue flash were lighting up the clouded sky. But the next night, when I was exhausted and there was no power, so my bedroom was dark, I slept all the way through. Lost power for eleven days, and pretty much got a good night sleep during that time. Now, I see why. :yes: