Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apollo 18

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    SpaceKat

SpaceKat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

I was thinking about seeing it but I havent heard much about it. If it turns out to be another Paranormal activity...then I won't even bother to go see it..

Oh crap i think i posted this in the wrong section. >_<

Edited by SpaceKat, 24 October 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#2    George Ford

George Ford

Shadow Slayer

• 2,777 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

View PostSpaceKat, on 24 October 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

I was thinking about seeing it but I havent heard much about it. If it turns out to be another Paranormal activity...then I won't even bother to go see it..

Oh crap i think i posted this in the wrong section. >_<

Just finished watching it about 2 minutes ago and it was ok but not amazing. Seemed a bit stupid and I'll never watch it again. Also watched Fright Night (2011) yesterday and that was not great either.

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#3    Dusk_Nightmare

Dusk_Nightmare

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 269 posts

• All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour, and the books of all time. -
    John Ruskin

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

It wasn't great. I would even say it was kind of boring in the first part of the movie; especially since I feel asleep during it. Near the end is where it gets interesting.

"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine."
Posted Image
J. Edgar Hoover

#4    lalalalana

lalalalana

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

• Don't waste time 'cause time will waste you.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

I watched it and thought it was rubbish! Ruined a really good concept, made it silly and laughable. Was very dissapointed. Thought the acting was laughable as well (or the script, can't decide which). If you're not paying much for it try it and see what you think as some people do like it

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.

#5    Alaskanangel

Alaskanangel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

It was horrible.  I kept waiting for the 'big reveal' and the climax but it never happened.

I'm not picky with movies but this one was laughable.  Don't waste your money (or time) on it.

Edited by Alaskanangel, 11 December 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#6    Sister Spooky

Sister Spooky

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• "If you are good at anticipating the human mind, it leaves nothing to chance."--John Kramer (Jigsaw)

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

Saw it opening weekend. Horrible mess of a movie. I am a conspiracy nut and even I think this movie was laughable. Waste of money and time. I mean I could have crapped in a fountain pen and mailed it to the monkey house and gotten a better script. I wish I could erase this movie from my brain.

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
"Forever, just a word that she said that means never..."--White Stripes
"Right now you are feeling helpless..."--Mark Hoffman
"Lie to me, convince me that I've been sick forever, and all of this, will make sense when I get better."--Amy Lee (Breathe No More)

#7    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

Luckily I only spent $5 to view on AppleTV. I should have bought a Subway sub instead. It was slow to begin, and the "monsters" weren't even scary in my opinion. It got somewhat better toward the end, but there were just too many gaps to make it believable when presented as a "true coverup". Save your money. :alien:

Edited by Goodnite, 06 January 2012 - 04:52 PM.

The King of the Beasts

#8    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

It sucked

#9    95-Nasty

95-Nasty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• Mom and daddy said "the life that you've led
    You'll party you're way straight to hell"

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Its was boring, not worth watching. However 'Troll Hunter' was worth watching.

The gods you worship are steel, at the alter of Rock 'n Roll youl kneel.

Long live, long live the King of Mercy.

#10    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

I expected much more.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

It was kind of slow,but i can see some of the incidents being plausible.
The ending left me with a bad feeling .What they did to that guy .Our own govt that is .
Fail.

One of my friends swears we found "something" one the moon,and it told us not to come back,and this is why we do not bother with building or going back,to the moon .

Edited by missymoo999, 19 March 2012 - 06:15 PM.

Miss me?

#12    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,478 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

Very Bad,Paint drying would be more exciting to watch....

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

I cannot say I think it was as bad as is being made out here, I figure Thor is the most disappointing move I have seen in the last year or so. Apollo 18 was OK, I know some people that outright liked it, but I agree that it did drag on a little, interesting story line, and the aliens are a very cool idea. The Cosmonaut part was fairly tense but overall- - I would maybe go a 5/10? Battle Of Los Angeles was another I thought was pretty ordinary, and expected much more from the hype. I thought it turned out to be just a war movie.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#14    shadowlark

shadowlark

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

View Postbulveye, on 27 November 2011 - 03:01 PM, said:

Just finished watching it about 2 minutes ago and it was ok but not amazing. Seemed a bit stupid and I'll never watch it again. Also watched Fright Night (2011) yesterday and that was not great either.

The best part about Fright Night was David Tennant without a shirt. :blush:

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,759 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

View Postshadowlark, on 21 March 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

The best part about Fright Night was David Tennant without a shirt. :blush:

Have not seen the remake, I remember the original as being quite good.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users