Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 and scientific facts on what will happen

darkbreed

Source: http://dark-truth.blogspot.com/2007/04/201...y-research.html

There are many scientific facts that will happen in 2012. Such as those allready mentioned here about sunspots etc. And a very peculiar alignment of the planets and something about the constellations I can't remember in details now, the pole shift on the sun etc. That aside, I've discovered on my own another interesting fact. The mayan have a 5200 year cycle, which will reach the end at 2012. These cycles always signify something of great importance, major changes. I discoverd that around 5200 years ago there was a great disaster on earth, a minor ice age and so on. Is that just coincidence, or did the mayans actually know this and know that it will happen something major again in the end of the next cycle which is 2012?

For an article about what happend 5200 years ago in a scientifical paper completely unrelated to the mayans and 2012 myth, check this article:

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/5200event.htm

And in this article the scientists say that we are close to another change like that which happened 5200 years ago... Again it matches perfectly with the mayan prophecies. So, we should take the knowledge of the mayans quite serious in my opinion. they knew what they were doing and thats a fact.

Also remember the great floods, past ice ages etc, that fits well with the mayans cycles. Look them up, they have various cycles of diffeent importance, going through many thousands of years. Actually they have cycles going millions of year back.

We just need to look at the current state of the world to see something is cooking (literally) - global warming, ice caps melting (which can cause floods etc), war, terror and instability, increase of natural disasters, magnetic poles of earth shifting and so on.

Som other links from NASA on stuff that will happen in space at 2012:

Venus transit -

Solar Storm , with solar max at 2012 -

2012 space mission -

Possibe Pole shift in 2012

Total solar eclipse 2012

Nasas own short articles on the aztecs/mayas, stonehenge, and other ancient mysteries

Other things:

Asteroid Eros will enter closer to earth than ever before 2012

Winter Solstice occurs exactly 21. December 2012 at 11:11 UT.

Galactic alignment

Big scientific list of other celestial events at 2012

There's lots more too but Im too lazy to look up all the references now.

Peace! (May be something to the Planet X thing too as well as the binary star system theory which is quite interesting - watch the documentary The Great Year here

If you liked this info please feel free to spread it to friends and digg it at http://digg.com/environment/2012_and_scien...hat_will_happen so more people can know.

Cheers

Edited by darkbreed

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emma_Acid

• UniversalCypher

• TheSearcher

• Agent. Mulder

I can't believe people are taken in by this. All that will happen in 2012 will be a few nice shows for astronomers.

There will be no planet-wide disaster or war.

I can't believe people are taken in by this. All that will happen in 2012 will be a few nice shows for astronomers.

There will be no planet-wide disaster or war.

This^^

I still say watch the North Atlantic current though. If too much fresh water (glaciers and icebergs) are dumped into the ocean's current then the North Atlantic will become unstable and will shut its self down. The last time this happened there were weird natural events occuring all over the world. Places that had never seen snow or anything started to receive it and then there were severe droughts everywhere as well. This occured about 10,000 years ago though...maybe we're over due for another ice age...or are we already headed in that direction and just don't see it or don't believe that it can happen to us since we're supposedly so more superior and advanced than any other human race that ever exisited? Going to be interesting to find out.

whats going to happen on 2013 or 2011? I'm pretty sure they'll be just as many cool events that will happen on those years than on 2012. And I'm sorry, but if Myians knew what was going to happen, why didn't they kick spain out or at least be ready for them when they arrived. I have a policy not to take advice from people living in hovels.

whats going to happen on 2013 or 2011? I'm pretty sure they'll be just as many cool events that will happen on those years than on 2012. And I'm sorry, but if Myians knew what was going to happen, why didn't they kick spain out or at least be ready for them when they arrived. I have a policy not to take advice from people living in hovels.

that's a good point there. I'll stick to science though whether than superstitious beliefs. By the way, nice quote there "I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all out of bubblegum" That's pretty sweet, haha. "Ain't nothing over til it's over"

Brilliant. A babbling list of completely non-related events that might or might not be happening around 2012, some good, some bad, some nothing to do with anything. And your point? You don't even seem to have one. Just that something might be happening, because lots of other things are at the same time, as if nothing ever happens usually.

There are many scientific facts that will happen in 2012. Such as those allready mentioned here about sunspots etc. And a very peculiar alignment of the planets and something about the constellations I can't remember in details now, the pole shift on the sun etc. That aside, I've discovered on my own another interesting fact. The mayan have a 5200 year cycle, which will reach the end at 2012. These cycles always signify something of great importance, major changes. I discoverd that around 5200 years ago there was a great disaster on earth, a minor ice age and so on. Is that just coincidence, or did the mayans actually know this and know that it will happen something major again in the end of the next cycle which is 2012?

Right, for once and for all - there has never been any academic source stating that the end of the mayan calendar predicted the end of the world. EVER.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies said in USA Today:

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle. (To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday is) "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

Quoted in USA Today, Wednesday, March 28, 2007, p. 11D

And as for sunspots and a galactic alignment that you can't seem to remember anything about, its all utter bunk. The fact that you can't even remember anything about the alignment, let alone reference it, is proof that all you're doing is listing unrelated crap. Pure and simple.

For an article about what happend 5200 years ago in a scientifical paper completely unrelated to the mayans and 2012 myth, check this article

There is nothing in the mayan calendar that mentions this magic number of 5200 years. The Mayans measured time in days. A "B'ak'tun" is 144,000 days, which means this climate change took place a magical... er.... 13.18 B'ak'tuns ago. Wow, the way the numbers don't add up is staggering.

The closest they had to a year was a "Tun", which was 360 days. They were so advanced that they could predict the future yet couldn't measure a year properly?

Riiight.

Again it matches perfectly with the mayan prophecies.

No it really really doesn't. You using everything on this magical number of 5200 which is, as far as I can tell, non-existant.

Also remember the great floods, past ice ages etc, that fits well with the mayans cycles. Look them up, they have various cycles of diffeent importance, going through many thousands of years. Actually they have cycles going millions of year back.

Again, probably based on non-existant dates.

We just need to look at the current state of the world to see something is cooking (literally) - global warming, ice caps melting (which can cause floods etc), war, terror and instability, increase of natural disasters, magnetic poles of earth shifting and so on

I can't stand this "current state of the world" statements. Politcally, economically, and socially the world is in a far better of place than we ever have been. The standard of living, on average, is the highest its ever been in history. Yes, we have povety and war, we always have done. If you think the world is in a bad way now and the past was all chocolate and roses, you have some serious growing up to do.

And global warming has nothing to do with anything. You might as well add the Olympics to the list of 2012 disasters.

Oh look, another list of unrelated things that have nothing to do with anything:

The Transit of Venus is in June 2012. I though the Mayan calendar ended on the 20 december?

By the way, the last transit was in 2004. Everyone remember the huge natural disasters that happened then? No? That's because the Transit of Venus has nothing to do with anything.

A solar max is coming in 2010-2012. Thats hardly accurate either, and I don't see how the northern lights can end the world. Oh, hang on, its within a few years of the transit of Venus, so that makes sense. Not.

NASA put something into space at least once a year. Again. What are you trying to prove. Simply listing stuff is pointless.

The sun's poles shift every 15 years or so. It has no effect on us here. It happened in 2001. The lack of any apocalyptic disaster was probably due to the fact that venus didn't make a transit or there was no solar max that year, as obviously you think these things all have to add up somehow.

Which, FYI, they don't.

Dead link.

Yep. Ancient civilisations worshipped the sun.

So, whats your point.

Edited by Emma_Acid_88

By the way, nice quote there "I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Its from They Live, one of the 80s finest, funniest and silliest sci fi films.

I agree with Emma, a lot of BS and events that regularly happen that coincidentally occur around 2012... IMO

I actually thought it was from Duke Nukem 3D ;)

hmm, I'll have to check that movie out. I think I've seen it before though. Isn't Rowdy Roddy Piper in it? And by the way They Live came out way before Duke Nukem 3D so I'm sure that Duke Nukem stole the line. I'm a serious gamer and I know about the gaming world pretty well, haha. Although even with all these new games out you still can't beat Pac Man, Sonic, Super Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong, and all the other original games out there.

I actually thought it was from Duke Nukem 3D ;)

That game stole a lot from other properties including lines from the Evil Dead films...

This aside 2012 will be like every other year and if people thousands of years ago were so good at predicting the end they would have predicted the end of their world (fall of civilization) and they didn't.

This thread totally belongs else ware as it has no real scientific value in the least.

hmm, I'll have to check that movie out. I think I've seen it before though. Isn't Rowdy Roddy Piper in it?

linked-image

This aside 2012 will be like every other year and if people thousands of years ago were so good at predicting the end they would have predicted the end of their world (fall of civilization) and they didn't.

A Brief History of Apocalypse

I'm 100% certain that 2012 will see many people dying, cars crashing, volcanos erupting, hurricanes and snow storms, droughts, plagues of locusts, meteorites falling from the sky, and some really bad TV shows.

In fact, exactly the same as happens every year ...... :D

I'm 100% certain that 2012 will see many people dying, cars crashing, volcanos erupting, hurricanes and snow storms, droughts, plagues of locusts, meteorites falling from the sky, and some really bad TV shows.

In fact, exactly the same as happens every year ...... :D

Besides, it will be primary time again....

John Carpenter at his best!

you win a cookie!

John Carpenter at his best!

you win a cookie!

Actually I think Escape From New York, The Thing, The Fog, Big Trouble and Prince Of Darkness are JC at his best, but there you go, there's no accounting for taste.

*accepts cookie anyway*

Couldn't resist to add my little bit on a genius & legend ahead of his time, JC the undisputed Master Of Macabre.

thats it thats all. :tu:

Actually I think Escape From New York, The Thing, The Fog, Big Trouble and Prince Of Darkness are JC at his best, but there you go, there's no accounting for taste.

*accepts cookie anyway*

Oh I love big T in little C! WOOT me and my brother probably watched that at least 100 times growing up.

Couldn't resist to add my little bit on a genius & legend ahead of his time, JC the undisputed Master Of Macabre.

thats it thats all. :tu:

Hmm still gotta give it to HPlovecraft(great works of literature) or Wes Craven. And the truely WTF of Rob Zombie's movies.

The Mayans weren't even aroung at that time some 5200 years ago. So how in the world would they know what happened then.

Good point.