Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dawning of Angel Aquarius

me-wonders

It is easy to be overwhelmed by bad news and not notice just as many really good things are happening as bad things. I think many of us are aware of the New Age beginning in 2012, but we have many different understandings of this.

It is possible the Tarot, astrology, Pyramid of Giza, Aztec calender all point to the same dramatic change between the old and new ages. With the Tarot, preceding the new age is, the age of fools. Some may think we have been pretty foolish.

Preceding the age of Aquarius is the age of Pisces which is represented by fish. Fish represent Christianity and I like to say, before Dawn is Eve. Christianity has always had its doubters, but I would say with the knowledge we have today, it is down right impossible to be informed and be a fundamentalist. The age of fools becomes intense with people clinging to their religious beliefs, and willing to die for the beliefs, but really, winter storms can be intense and they can do a lot of damage. Much of the destruction of winter is required for the new life in spring. Please, don't worry, new life follows the storms of winter.

There is reason to believe what has happened and is happening is exactly how things must unfold. In his book Mayan Factor, Argueles explains there will be an economic break down, and that appears to be happening. He also tells us the I Ching fits in the center of the Aztec matrix and their calander gives us the 2012 date for the Beginning of the new age. This is interesting, because when the I Ching is put into a graph, it looks like the line of heart of monitor that stops in 2012. There is also the possibility that the tunnels through the Pyramid of Gisa give us the same time line. Just because all these things appear to support each other, that doesn't make it so. I would not sell my home and empty my bank account, but I do tend to hold a positive attitude that things are happening as they should, and there is a chance they will get real good.

I love the New Age promise, of the end of tyranny, and a time of peace and high tech. Nothing advances technology and peace faster better than war. China was the world leader in technology in ancient times, and the West owes much of its history to China, especially the technology of printing that made the Protestant Reformation possible, and the literacy and scientific advancement we enjoy today. China's technology was sparked by wars, and later its desire for peace, and Confuciusism, put the dragon to sleep. As we know, this dragon is awakening. The Chinese language/logic and quantum physics could be an interesting mix.

Much of the warring we hear about today, is about the end of tyranny. It goes hand in hand with modern technology, especially the recent communications technology. This technology most certainly was developed by the military long before we ever dreamed it possible. All the prophecies I have read of this time of change, said this technology was necessary to the big moment. It was not described, but it was said we would be able to communicate around the world instantly, so everyone around the world could know what was happening at the moment of the happening. This is mind blowing, awesome technology, and we haven't even begun to dream of organizing our lives around such global technology. We are thrilled with our new toys, but we are as children who pick Mom's cell phone and drop in the toilet.

For God's, sake we still have an industrial age economy! Hello, we have not needed a massive labor force since harnessing electric and fossil fuel power. Our economic structure has not kept pace with our technological development. We are spinning out of control and lack direction, just as I suppose we should be, during this time of destruction before the time of new life.

The Angel of Aquarius is the water bringing. Native Americans have long lived with a story of cleansing. We have extremes of flooding and fire. Also the water of Aquarius is associated with knowledge, this knowledge is possible as archeologist, geologist and related sciences, make us aware of our history, and communication technology makes it possible to spread this knowledge around the world. For the first time in human history we have a mass of long lived people in good health and with the time to increase their knowledge and share it with the world on the Internet. Bottom line is, we need change and we have this wonderful connection to discover together what that change should be.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SlimJim22

• Old Hippie Blogger

• Damrod

• Indiogene

All throughout history, troubled times are met with doubt, despair and then eventually hope for a dramatic change. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. There is nothing wrong with wanting or hoping for a different way, but there are a lot of people out there that fear change and are not going to "waltz" into a new age without kicking and fighting.

The real tyranny we face today is greed and it is empowered by apathy. Those that benefit from this system as it currently works are not going to fade quietly into the dawn of a "New Age"...I can promise you that.

I don't think our economy hasn't kept up with our technology (though our economy still has LOTS of problems)...it's our wisdom to use these new technologies that is lacking.

I do not disagree that people need to stop playing with their "toys" and reflect on where we should be putting our efforts toward the future. You called it the "age of Fools", I call it the "ME" generation..."it's all about me and what I want"...Neither one supplies a great philosophy for future generational planning....

I don't believe anything is going to happen in 2012. It's just another day on the calendar. Scholars can't even agree if the translations from Mayan are even correct...factor in the Julian and Gregorian calendar system...and...well...there is alot of doubt about the date to begin with.

I have read the I ching and the dao de jing...I don't recall a calendar in them...musta missed that part.

And the pyramid pathways has been proven inaccurate, it should have ended already...I think it was supposed to be 2009, but I am not sure.

You have a positive take on things and I commend you for it. I'm not so positive and upbeat about the future...but it doesn't hurt to hope if you so choose to.

Edited by Damrod

Since when was ... Aquarius and angel?

I think they got the lyrics wrong.

That's what I thought, but was unsure...

All throughout history, troubled times are met with doubt, despair and then eventually hope for a dramatic change. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. There is nothing wrong with wanting or hoping for a different way, but there are a lot of people out there that fear change and are not going to "waltz" into a new age without kicking and fighting.

The real tyranny we face today is greed and it is empowered by apathy. Those that benefit from this system as it currently works are not going to fade quietly into the dawn of a "New Age"...I can promise you that.

I don't think our economy hasn't kept up with our technology (though our economy still has LOTS of problems)...it's our wisdom to use these new technologies that is lacking.

I do not disagree that people need to stop playing with their "toys" and reflect on where we should be putting our efforts toward the future. You called it the "age of Fools", I call it the "ME" generation..."it's all about me and what I want"...Neither one supplies a great philosophy for future generational planning....

I don't believe anything is going to happen in 2012. It's just another day on the calendar. Scholars can't even agree if the translations from Mayan are even correct...factor in the Julian and Gregorian calendar system...and...well...there is alot of doubt about the date to begin with.

I have read the I ching and the dao de jing...I don't recall a calendar in them...musta missed that part.

And the pyramid pathways has been proven inaccurate, it should have ended already...I think it was supposed to be 2009, but I am not sure.

You have a positive take on things and I commend you for it. I'm not so positive and upbeat about the future...but it doesn't hurt to hope if you so choose to.

I wouldn't bet on anything happening, or not happening. I will just take a good fantasy over reality any day. :yes:

But as for major and abrupt change- I think there is good reason to believe in that. Remember Rome? One of the most powerful civilizations in history that fell, and it was falling well before the barbarians invaded. If people would like we could start a thread for comparing the fall of Rome with the US removing all valuable metals from its coins, and the insane dependency on credit on one and citizen dissatisfaction with cuts in retirement on the other. :devil: 9/11 was not just a random date, but the numbers we use for emergency, and the target that day was the World Trade Center. I hate to ruin a fun thread with economic reality, but what to point out, perhaps we should have a plan. In the 1960's we considered communal living as possible solution to the problems we are facing. When Rome fell it was the church communes that kept things going.

On the happy side of historical major change, is the democracy of the US. None expected our democracy to succeed. People with liberty and power? What insanity! Our democracy with liberty did succeed, and this is the real reason for address the possibility of a New Age. The American Revolution didn't begin with guns. It began with books. Those books have been ignored by persons educated for "a technological society with unknown values", so if our civilization falls, as all great civilizations have fallen, the young will not be able to rebuild it. Right now is our golden moment. Everything is still in place and we have the international Internet to speed up change. If we begin reawakening the consciousness of the people now, the New Age could be the time when tyranny ends, and everyone enjoys peace and the benefits of technology, that are the New Age promised.

I think they got the lyrics wrong.

An angel is a messenger of God. This is not limited to Christian belief. We might make more progress if we discuss concepts, instead of quibble over trivial things. Keep in mind we are the creators and it will be as we create it. I hope this thread helps birth the New Age and all the blessings we can have by working together in a good spirit.

[- From :http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/hair-lyrics/aquarius-lyrics.html -]

Aquarius lyrics

Songwriters: Gerome Ragni;James Rado;Galt Mac Dermot

When the moon is in the seventh house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revelation

And the minds true liberation

Aquarius, Aquarius

When the moon is in the seventh house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius

Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius

I am not sure that we are entering the "Age Of Aquarius", or not. Back in my day, this was a loosely held belief that we were entering an age of positive change, and so we did for a short period of time. But "Apathy" of those trying to make changes came, and the movement stalled. Now, we seem to be entering into another cycle of change. You are correct, technology is in the forefront of this change. Cell phones, sat phones and the Internet make knowledge and communications nearly instant. But computers and phones are simply tools. The question is who will use these tools, and for what purpose. If history shows us anything, it is that growth is slow, and occurs over time. But destructive changes happen rapidly.

Take the cell phone as an example. By using a cell phone, your location can be determined. This is not by conscious design on the part of the designers to track people, but a simple requirement of the system that allows it to function, and to pass calls along as a person moves about. But the government decided to use this feature for their own uses, and now the government has the ability to know where you are if your cell phone is turned on. My point is that technologies can always be perverted. A hammer is a good tool with which to drive a nail into a piece of wood. Unfortunately, it works pretty good for killing someone. But we don't want to eliminate hammers. What we want is a way to have technology, and to limit or prevent misuse. Enter apathy!

We idly sit back and allow government to pervert things that are otherwise good. This is what has to be stopped. And IMHO, the way to stop it is through education first and foremost. If we are to have an age of Aquarius, we need to be aware of the dangers that technology brings, and work toward keeping the use of technology as a tool that benefits people, and not allow it to be used to strip freedoms from us. So, along with education, we introduce the need for people to become involved. And we must at the same time make government accountable. This is a very tough row to hoe. Trying to introduce a better system of education, asking people to become involved when they have been told for years that they don't need to be, all they need to do is follow the leader, and trying to hold government accountable is a lot to try and accomplish. But that is the task as I see it.

Maybe 2012 will mark the beginning of these changes.

If you compare the star signs Pisces and Aquarius you have the two fish pulling in either direction so you have duality. We find this in all the great paradoxes such as mind and body, spirit and matter, religion and science, good and evil, love and hate, etc. Christianity is a faith with duality at its core. Is this healthy for minds and society?

Well, it has been good up until fairly recently and now people are dissatisfied with the duality and in many cases it is causing Cognitive Dissonance. This internal conflict and separation manifests as exploitation and dominance of the strong over the weak and a system of haves and have nots.

Aquarius on the other hadn is the bearer of water so that means to me that it is more about service and selflessness. An alround more holistic view where you have and inner and an outer but they are two sides of the same thing and not in opposition like the fish.

http://www.adishakti.org/age_of_aquarius.htm

It will be the coming together of various methods and practices of spirituality and will bring in an era of health and biodiversity. Once the dichotomy of science and religion are synthesized in the respect of Spirit, we will be able to awaken to the role we have as protectors rather than just willing to exploit resources and live a life of materialism that will evenetually lead to the crash of the system.

However, it is not as simple as moving from one age into the next, the whole becoming of the earth and the Noousphere is an arduous process. Within an astrological age there are sub-ages so the 2,100 years are split into twelve. That means roughly every 175 years we move in to a new sub-house. These can actually have more of a role in our experience than the wider age.

I have heard that we are currently in the house of Scorpio and the symptoms of that are war, famine, pestilence but especially nuclear radiation and environmental pollution. When it comes to an end and we move into Libra I wonder what that could mean. I got this information from a site and it resonates but I am no expert on astrology. It is probaby more meaningful just to look at what the symbolism of Aquarius is. Here is the link.

http://macroastro.wordpress.com/published-articles/scorpio-%E2%80%93-the-sign-of-the-times/

It is interesting that he has written more recent articles on the signs of the times. Maybe it is going into it in too much detail but you decide.

http://ryoin.wordpress.com/2009/04/01/servent-of-the-gods-aquarius-the-waterbearer/

I am not sure whetehr a Paraclete is imminent but we are exhibitng many of the symptoms of a Messianic Age.

I am not sure that we are entering the "Age Of Aquarius", or not. Back in my day, this was a loosely held belief that we were entering an age of positive change, and so we did for a short period of time. But "Apathy" of those trying to make changes came, and the movement stalled. Now, we seem to be entering into another cycle of change. You are correct, technology is in the forefront of this change. Cell phones, sat phones and the Internet make knowledge and communications nearly instant. But computers and phones are simply tools. The question is who will use these tools, and for what purpose. If history shows us anything, it is that growth is slow, and occurs over time. But destructive changes happen rapidly.

Take the cell phone as an example. By using a cell phone, your location can be determined. This is not by conscious design on the part of the designers to track people, but a simple requirement of the system that allows it to function, and to pass calls along as a person moves about. But the government decided to use this feature for their own uses, and now the government has the ability to know where you are if your cell phone is turned on. My point is that technologies can always be perverted. A hammer is a good tool with which to drive a nail into a piece of wood. Unfortunately, it works pretty good for killing someone. But we don't want to eliminate hammers. What we want is a way to have technology, and to limit or prevent misuse. Enter apathy!

We idly sit back and allow government to pervert things that are otherwise good. This is what has to be stopped. And IMHO, the way to stop it is through education first and foremost. If we are to have an age of Aquarius, we need to be aware of the dangers that technology brings, and work toward keeping the use of technology as a tool that benefits people, and not allow it to be used to strip freedoms from us. So, along with education, we introduce the need for people to become involved. And we must at the same time make government accountable. This is a very tough row to hoe. Trying to introduce a better system of education, asking people to become involved when they have been told for years that they don't need to be, all they need to do is follow the leader, and trying to hold government accountable is a lot to try and accomplish. But that is the task as I see it.

Maybe 2012 will mark the beginning of these changes.

I watched Lawrence Welk and was impressed by inocense of the period. We had just come out of WWII. Our fathers and some of our mothers saw hell personally. Before the war, people were starving and dying of malnutrition. How is it that so many people can personally experience real suffering and real horrors come out of this with the inocense of Lawrence shows? It wasn't just the inocense of those shows, but we too personally experienced. We were very idealist and believed it was our parents who were materialistic and we would create a better world, right? We chanted "down with the establishment" and "don't trust anyone over 30", right?

Little did we know that was the establishment that stood against NAZI Germany and we basically ignored Eisenhower's explanation of the Military, Industrial Complex and how it would change our lives. We did not have German history nor the knowledge that the US adopted the German models of bureaucracy and education. We didn't have Charles Saralea's book explaining this is how the Prussians militarized Germany, and changed the character of friendly and dreamy people. What caused our change is in our subconscious, and like an individual troubled by what is in the subconscious needs psycho analysis, so does our nation need this exploration of the subconscious. That is why I started this thread.

I watched Lawrence Welk and was impressed by inocense of the period. We had just come out of WWII. Our fathers and some of our mothers saw hell personally. Before the war, people were starving and dying of malnutrition. How is it that so many people can personally experience real suffering and real horrors come out of this with the inocense of Lawrence shows? It wasn't just the inocense of those shows, but we too personally experienced. We were very idealist and believed it was our parents who were materialistic and we would create a better world, right? We chanted "down with the establishment" and "don't trust anyone over 30", right?

Little did we know that was the establishment that stood against NAZI Germany and we basically ignored Eisenhower's explanation of the Military, Industrial Complex and how it would change our lives. We did not have German history nor the knowledge that the US adopted the German models of bureaucracy and education. We didn't have Charles Saralea's book explaining this is how the Prussians militarized Germany, and changed the character of friendly and dreamy people. What caused our change is in our subconscious, and like an individual troubled by what is in the subconscious needs psycho analysis, so does our nation need this exploration of the subconscious. That is why I started this thread.

Though I agree that having historical knowledge is of major importance, I disagree that everyone needs this level of understanding to first implement the process of change. Once we know that something is wrong, it becomes our responsibility to make it right. And, if we know that is is wrong, then we have ideas about making improvements that will result in a better way. We need to begin making those improvements immediately, and in the process of making those improvements, study where things went wrong, so that mistakes will not be repeated. An example is that you discover that you have an infection, left untreated, it could be life threatening. The logical first course of action is to treat the infection, bring it under control, and cure it. Waiting to fully understand where the infection came from, tracing it to it's origins before you begin to attack it would result in your death.

We know that there are serious problems in our education system. We know that improvements are absolutely required in specific areas. It is our responsibility to initiate those changes immediately. Concurrently, we need to take an in depth look at education, determine a long term view at the future direction, and make changes that support that long term plan. Immediately, we know that there is massive inequity in school funding. We do not need to know the history behind this to implement change. We know that there are vast differences in student to teacher ratios. We know that there are problems in the area of tenure versus performance. These are areas that we can address today, right this minute.

Long term, we need to define what education is. We need to define the mechanisms and procedures required to produce a well educated population. But this is not an easy task, and finding an acceptable system could take many years. I favor helping immediately those whom we can help. If we wait for the perfect solution, we sacrifice generations of students that we could have otherwise helped. I see the "Age of Aquarius" as an age of change, improvement and moving forward everywhere we can, not as an age of endless debate over the quest for a panacea.

If you compare the star signs Pisces and Aquarius you have the two fish pulling in either direction so you have duality. We find this in all the great paradoxes such as mind and body, spirit and matter, religion and science, good and evil, love and hate, etc. Christianity is a faith with duality at its core. Is this healthy for minds and society?

Well, it has been good up until fairly recently and now people are dissatisfied with the duality and in many cases it is causing Cognitive Dissonance. This internal conflict and separation manifests as exploitation and dominance of the strong over the weak and a system of haves and have nots.

Aquarius on the other hadn is the bearer of water so that means to me that it is more about service and selflessness. An alround more holistic view where you have and inner and an outer but they are two sides of the same thing and not in opposition like the fish.

http://www.adishakti.org/age_of_aquarius.htm

It will be the coming together of various methods and practices of spirituality and will bring in an era of health and biodiversity. Once the dichotomy of science and religion are synthesized in the respect of Spirit, we will be able to awaken to the role we have as protectors rather than just willing to exploit resources and live a life of materialism that will evenetually lead to the crash of the system.

However, it is not as simple as moving from one age into the next, the whole becoming of the earth and the Noousphere is an arduous process. Within an astrological age there are sub-ages so the 2,100 years are split into twelve. That means roughly every 175 years we move in to a new sub-house. These can actually have more of a role in our experience than the wider age.

I have heard that we are currently in the house of Scorpio and the symptoms of that are war, famine, pestilence but especially nuclear radiation and environmental pollution. When it comes to an end and we move into Libra I wonder what that could mean. I got this information from a site and it resonates but I am no expert on astrology. It is probaby more meaningful just to look at what the symbolism of Aquarius is. Here is the link.

http://macroastro.wordpress.com/published-articles/scorpio-%E2%80%93-the-sign-of-the-times/

It is interesting that he has written more recent articles on the signs of the times. Maybe it is going into it in too much detail but you decide.

http://ryoin.wordpress.com/2009/04/01/servent-of-the-gods-aquarius-the-waterbearer/

I am not sure whetehr a Paraclete is imminent but we are exhibitng many of the symptoms of a Messianic Age.

I like the last line of one of your links

"A resurgence of the 1960’s and 70’s revolutionary passion is at our doorsteps again and will be very strong around 2010."

This only makes sense since our generation is becoming free to ponder life and has the Internet to link us and connect us with the young, and the rest of the world. We are freer to act on idealism than we were when raised children and held jobs. But darn that apathy, that has so many of them confined to their small little worlds of family friends, instead of getting busy on the Internet. For the first time in human history, we have a growing mass of well educated, long lived people, who are well feed and relatively secure and have the leisure for learning and communicating in meaningful ways. If we blow this off, the young who are supporting our social security should kick our butts!

Many people find astrology unbelievable, and I think that a good thing, but rather then totally dismissing the whole idea, perhaps we should look for evidence? Don't we all know, the whole world can not have our standard of living, and that our standard of living is not sustainable? Okay, how are going to deal with that reality? Isn't that they job of Libra? How exciting is that?

How about this, what manifest reality? Have not we always swung between periods of amorality and moral zeal? For centuries we were dependent on religion for morality, but that is getting difficult with science, however, get this, "conscience" contains the word "science". That is, the ability to determine right from wrong empirically, and this requires education. Check our Socrates and Aristotle. Democracy means rule by reason, and here we are with a huge, well educated, long loved population, and the Internet. I really like your links explaining Scorpio and that we coming under the influence of Libra. We do have reason to believe, we can manifest long term peace, with high tech, balancing our lives and returning us to a spiritual harmony.

A scientist who studies time, put the I Ching into a graph. I don't understand math but do know we can do absolutely awesome things with math. Everyone can come to my house and watch the college lectures "The Shapes of Nature" by Professor Satyan L. Devadoss. These are mind blowing math lectures, and you might notice the professor comes from east India. Anyway, the point is the I Ching can be a matrix or a graph. As a matrix, it fits in the center of the Mayan matrix. Matrix are used to store information and to reveal information. That is what math does. As a graph, the I Ching looks like the line of a heart monitor that stops in 2012. The scientist who discovered this, said time would become meaningless if we discovered time travel. Now wouldn't that be mind blowing?

I think it is highly important that at this time in history, advanced western math and technology resulting from western linear logic, has met eastern cyclical logic and philosophy. The New Age seems highly dependent on this. At least some understanding of quantum physics, math and eastern philosophy is essential to entering the New Age.

I like the last line of one of your links

"A resurgence of the 1960’s and 70’s revolutionary passion is at our doorsteps again and will be very strong around 2010."

This only makes sense since our generation is becoming free to ponder life and has the Internet to link us and connect us with the young, and the rest of the world. We are freer to act on idealism than we were when raised children and held jobs. But darn that apathy, that has so many of them confined to their small little worlds of family friends, instead of getting busy on the Internet. For the first time in human history, we have a growing mass of well educated, long lived people, who are well feed and relatively secure and have the leisure for learning and communicating in meaningful ways. If we blow this off, the young who are supporting our social security should kick our butts!

Many people find astrology unbelievable, and I think that a good thing, but rather then totally dismissing the whole idea, perhaps we should look for evidence? Don't we all know, the whole world can not have our standard of living, and that our standard of living is not sustainable? Okay, how are going to deal with that reality? Isn't that they job of Libra? How exciting is that?

How about this, what manifest reality? Have not we always swung between periods of amorality and moral zeal? For centuries we were dependent on religion for morality, but that is getting difficult with science, however, get this, "conscience" contains the word "science". That is, the ability to determine right from wrong empirically, and this requires education. Check our Socrates and Aristotle. Democracy means rule by reason, and here we are with a huge, well educated, long loved population, and the Internet. I really like your links explaining Scorpio and that we coming under the influence of Libra. We do have reason to believe, we can manifest long term peace, with high tech, balancing our lives and returning us to a spiritual harmony.

It is exciting to hear from someone who gets it so throughly. :D

There is mass famine imminent in Africa without the help of the scientists of the world investing in the people. Science is a con if they do not at least try and do something more meaningful than setting up UN aid camps.

Africa has been pillaged for its resources since foreigners found there way there so many years ago. It has been western technology and greed that has further driven the demand and look at all the trouble we have given to that continent. The Mother continent even. They have kids mining for diamonds and gold we sell in our shops but the most precious resource to them is water.

How fitting it is to have a time with Aquarius and Libra at the forefront of our astro-consciousness. If we can have balance then we will spill less and it is interesting the symbols that we find associated with water in this way. It is so exciting someone should write a book about it... Oh yeah, I am trying to. ;)

The Holy Grail, the Water of Life, Spirit, Nous, the Monad, electromagnetism and good old H2O needed for plants and the sustenance of all life. It is the key ingredient for life and how do we treat our water sources. We pump feces and toxins of humans and animals when large quantiites could be fertilized or recycled. I can only think it is because we are too lazy and do not care. The people of Africa do not have the chance to change their predicament but through technology something could be done.

It is exciting to hear from someone who gets it so throughly. :D

There is mass famine imminent in Africa without the help of the scientists of the world investing in the people. Science is a con if they do not at least try and do something more meaningful than setting up UN aid camps.

Africa has been pillaged for its resources since foreigners found there way there so many years ago. It has been western technology and greed that has further driven the demand and look at all the trouble we have given to that continent. The Mother continent even. They have kids mining for diamonds and gold we sell in our shops but the most precious resource to them is water.

How fitting it is to have a time with Aquarius and Libra at the forefront of our astro-consciousness. If we can have balance then we will spill less and it is interesting the symbols that we find associated with water in this way. It is so exciting someone should write a book about it... Oh yeah, I am trying to. ;)

The Holy Grail, the Water of Life, Spirit, Nous, the Monad, electromagnetism and good old H2O needed for plants and the sustenance of all life. It is the key ingredient for life and how do we treat our water sources. We pump feces and toxins of humans and animals when large quantiites could be fertilized or recycled. I can only think it is because we are too lazy and do not care. The people of Africa do not have the chance to change their predicament but through technology something could be done.

Water is the most important resources on this planet, more specifically, clean water. Water projects can be miracles, just look at the Central Valley of California, for the most part a barren semi-arid area until the water projects made irrigation possible. Not it is one of the most productive agricultural areas in the world. If we reduce pollution, with hope eliminate it at some point, we will have achieved a major step toward increasing the supply of clean water. But that alone is not enough. Water projects designed to move water to where it is most needed will be critical to human life, and these projects are needed in every corner of the world.

Stressing the infamous "IF" word, if there were an economically viable process for desalinization developed, there is no reason to not believe that large areas of the Sahara could not be placed under cultivation. The same can be said about areas in Mexico and the Middle East. There is no doubt that the industrial nations have the engineers and designers to make this happen. This is something that would best serve mankind, but in saying that, you also have to recognize that it is NOT in the best interest politically. Oil aside, Africa has no real political power in the world, and I doubt that the nations that control the power would be willing to see Africa emerge as a self sufficient group of nations. So, once again, we are left with what could be done, and what will be done.

As much as I would love to see a fundamental shift in human values, I don’t see it coming anytime soon. We are programmed from the age of comprehension that “stuff” is the key to happiness…you must have the newest and best “stuff” or you aren’t as good as the next guy.

We live in a society driven by 4 of the 7 deadly sins. I don’t care what religion you are or if you are like me and don’t have one…you can’t deny that Greed, Lust, Gluttony and Envy are the worst traits of humanity…and these very things are what is required for a capitalistic world to turn. Think about it for a moment and then reflect on why a wise old man called them “deadly”.

To move into an age of enlightenment will require all of us to do something that few of us are willing or even capable of…and that is the relinquishment of self. That’s right…we have to grow up and realize that we are all not individually the center of the cosmos.

When that next I-phone update comes out, what will you do? Will you rush out and buy it?…perhaps put it on credit? Or will you realize the one you have still just works fine and instead of spending the money on a new one, make a donation to a food bank…instead of working 4 or 5 more hours overetime to get that money to spend on that new I-phone, do some public service….

How many of you are ready to do that? In some ways I am and I know it’s the right thing to do….but like most everyone else I get the “what difference am I going to make?” attitude and do nothing…

Apathy…it permeates all of us…and the capitalist propaganda machine promises they can sell you a new toy or a new distraction so you won’t feel so bad….

I truly hope for a change of thoughts and minds, I honestly try to influence what I can…but the machine is big and strong and it likes things just the way they are. Greed, Pride, Envy, Lust, Sloth (can be considered apathy), Gluttony and Anger (because of one or more of the others) are not going to give in and go away so easily…..

These 7 things…regardless if you are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Islamic, Buddhist…are the worst parts of us and they are not only alive and well, they are exploding with growth and acceptance…think long and hard about that.

I am not religious, but I see these things in our society and what they do and I see how it will be virtually impossible to turn people toward enlightenment…

Sorry…just my take on the “age of enlightenment”…I hope I am wrong because I need to be wrong…but don’t think I am.

As much as I would love to see a fundamental shift in human values, I don’t see it coming anytime soon. We are programmed from the age of comprehension that “stuff” is the key to happiness…you must have the newest and best “stuff” or you aren't as good as the next guy.

We live in a society driven by 4 of the 7 deadly sins. I don’t care what religion you are or if you are like me and don’t have one…you can’t deny that Greed, Lust, Gluttony and Envy are the worst traits of humanity…and these very things are what is required for a capitalistic world to turn. Think about it for a moment and then reflect on why a wise old man called them “deadly”.

To move into an age of enlightenment will require all of us to do something that few of us are willing or even capable of…and that is the relinquishment of self. That’s right…we have to grow up and realize that we are all not individually the center of the cosmos.

When that next I-phone update comes out, what will you do? Will you rush out and buy it?…perhaps put it on credit? Or will you realize the one you have still just works fine and instead of spending the money on a new one, make a donation to a food bank…instead of working 4 or 5 more hours overetime to get that money to spend on that new I-phone, do some public service….

How many of you are ready to do that? In some ways I am and I know it’s the right thing to do….but like most everyone else I get the “what difference am I going to make?” attitude and do nothing…

Apathy…it permeates all of us…and the capitalist propaganda machine promises they can sell you a new toy or a new distraction so you won’t feel so bad….

I truly hope for a change of thoughts and minds, I honestly try to influence what I can…but the machine is big and strong and it likes things just the way they are. Greed, Pride, Envy, Lust, Sloth (can be considered apathy), Gluttony and Anger (because of one or more of the others) are not going to give in and go away so easily…..

These 7 things…regardless if you are Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Islamic, Buddhist…are the worst parts of us and they are not only alive and well, they are exploding with growth and acceptance…think long and hard about that.

I am not religious, but I see these things in our society and what they do and I see how it will be virtually impossible to turn people toward enlightenment…

Sorry…just my take on the “age of enlightenment”…I hope I am wrong because I need to be wrong…but don’t think I am.

You are right of course. As for the I-phone, I don't even own a cell phone. I live so far out in the sticks that there is no signal, so I never bought one. Lucky me. But we are a society built on materialistic need. The sad thing to me is that we all know this, but continue down the path dictated to us by the government and the Marketing Gurus. People go through their lives as if in a semi-hypnotic state, knowing what is happening, yet unable to make themselves do anything about it. Why? Are they just going through life waiting for "The Chosen One" to come and lead them into a perfect world? We are all victims, but we seem to be willing victims. I abhor violence, but I fear that it may be inevitable given the present course where there is an ever growing separation between classes. Are we headed for an H. G. Wells vision of the future, living under "Big Brother"? Or are we headed for an apocalyptic future so popular in the movies. Neither is a vision that I want to see come to fruition.

You are right of course. As for the I-phone, I don't even own a cell phone. I live so far out in the sticks that there is no signal, so I never bought one. Lucky me. But we are a society built on materialistic need. The sad thing to me is that we all know this, but continue down the path dictated to us by the government and the Marketing Gurus. People go through their lives as if in a semi-hypnotic state, knowing what is happening, yet unable to make themselves do anything about it. Why? Are they just going through life waiting for "The Chosen One" to come and lead them into a perfect world? We are all victims, but we seem to be willing victims. I abhor violence, but I fear that it may be inevitable given the present course where there is an ever growing separation between classes. Are we headed for an H. G. Wells vision of the future, living under "Big Brother"? Or are we headed for an apocalyptic future so popular in the movies. Neither is a vision that I want to see come to fruition.

It is a rather strange phenomena when you step back and look at it. You are correct...most people know the way we live is wrong but we drone away nonetheless. Your statement "People go through their lives as if in a semi-hypnotic state, knowing what is happening, yet unable to make themselves do anything about it" has occurred to me before. If you listen to some of the conspiracy theorists...we actually are.... "Dumbed down, drugged up and distracted" is how I have heard it said before.

You also may be correct that people are silently screaming for someone to do something...but no one does...everyone is afraid. Maybe the "Age of Aquarius" is too passive in philosophy...me?...I don't know the solution...but I'm pretty sure we need to figure out something.

Millions of people are either physically or mentally suffering while the corporations and the wealthy get richer off of our pain and suffering and then our pre-programmed/hypnotic need to work and buy more....so they can be even more rich...actually quite an astounding cycle.

It's really one of the damndest things I've ever stopped to observe and ponder on...here we are, an intelligent species...interconnected and capable of communication like never before in all of history....and we are watching the world fall apart before our eyes...all I can say is ...WTF?

Does anyone out there have a clue? Does anyone else "get it"?

Does anyone really care anymore?

I don't think we are waiting for a "Chosen One" to lead us to a new age...I think most people out there are all silently praying for cataclysm so the nightmare will finally end...

Just my very jaded and cynical opinion though...

P.S.

Here's a little clip...kinda goes with the idea...

Edited by Damrod

There have always been two basic groups of people, the followers and the leaders, with the vast majority of people being followers according to most conventional wisdom. But there is a third, and that is what I will call the pure academic. These are the people who are usually very intelligent, but neither lead nor follow. They spend their lives "Thinking" about things, postulating reasons for them and searching for pure understanding. Though they neither lead nor follow, they are valuable members in any society, but only if they have a forum and the leaders listen to them. In the world we live in, this group of pure academics have become nearly invisible. They are there, but the leaders are not listening to them. I think that many are waiting for some sort of a "chosen one" to spring up, but I think their wait is in vain. I don't think there is a conspiracy, or at least any organized conspiracy, I don't think that the people have been drugged, but I do think that they are too passive. And those who are aggressive know this, and use it to their advantage at every opportunity. And the pure academics appear to be one of the more passive groups.

Pure academics need to be more aggressive, more vocal. But most important, they need to learn the language of the people when they address them. Far too often, people have the feeling that they are being "Talked Down To" by people they view as either alarmists, radicals or high brows with a superiority complex. They need some good PR people like the politicians and corporations have. It pains me to say that, but it is true. Like you, I am at a loss for understanding, I'm totally perplexed. What will it take to get things turned around? Anyone? At times I feel like I am preaching to the choir, at other times I feel like I am talking to an empty stadium. How do you get someone to address something that everybody sees, but pretends that they don't see it?

There's all different types; Dominants and Submissives, Extroverts and Introverts, Sensors and Intuitives . They can be split more or less down the middle with the first of each pair being the masculine principle and the latter being feminine.

The world is run by dominant, extroverted people who make sense of their life experience through primarily their physical senses. These people have their place in society but they are not the best leaders although it is the position they will seek to take. I guess in the new age we need to resist this as much as possible and acknowledge the nature of humanity and counter act it with education and a new form of spirituality that is non-godmatic sorry dogmatic or bicarmerally minded but is expressive and expansive for the individual so they can grow into themselves through love and nurturing instead of having the restrictions that organized religion places upon people. Immoral people are unlikely to practice religion and when they do it is quite the paradox so why does religion seek to impose rules on how we behave. Aren;t we in a place where we can reason the best choices to make based on reason instead of superstition. That will be the biggest challenge in moving to a new world or age because people are so attached the the ways of religion, it makes them feel good and safe but it is an illusion and once we see that divinity is within us the large majority should be inspired towards positive action and a more holistic experience of life with greater chance of conscious evolution in a lifetime.

There's all different types; Dominants and Submissives, Extroverts and Introverts, Sensors and Intuitives . They can be split more or less down the middle with the first of each pair being the masculine principle and the latter being feminine.

The world is run by dominant, extroverted people who make sense of their life experience through primarily their physical senses. These people have their place in society but they are not the best leaders although it is the position they will seek to take. I guess in the new age we need to resist this as much as possible and acknowledge the nature of humanity and counter act it with education and a new form of spirituality that is non-godmatic sorry dogmatic or bicarmerally minded but is expressive and expansive for the individual so they can grow into themselves through love and nurturing instead of having the restrictions that organized religion places upon people. Immoral people are unlikely to practice religion and when they do it is quite the paradox so why does religion seek to impose rules on how we behave. Aren;t we in a place where we can reason the best choices to make based on reason instead of superstition. That will be the biggest challenge in moving to a new world or age because people are so attached the the ways of religion, it makes them feel good and safe but it is an illusion and once we see that divinity is within us the large majority should be inspired towards positive action and a more holistic experience of life with greater chance of conscious evolution in a lifetime.

Hello again SlimJim22 ~ I disagree that immoral people don't practice religion, and in many cases, those are the leaders of religions and religious movements. That aside, I do agree that organized religion today is more divisive than inclusive, and in that respect more emphasis needs to be placed on societal ethics, education about simply being able to live together. Though I am an atheist, I have no problem with those who are religious. My problem is that where religion goes beyond the care for peoples souls, and strays into political and legal arenas, arenas that dictate their religious beliefs on others, specifically on me. As we have discussed on another thread, I believe the key is education, and reforms are drastically needed there. People need to be taught HOW to think, NOT WHAT to think. People need to be taught logic, they need to be taught to question, not accept. This all needs to be included in our educational system, but it really begins at home. Parents have to begin to be responsible for the education of their children. They must take an active role at home education their children, and at the local school board level in changing the system.

It's really one of the damndest things I've ever stopped to observe and ponder on...here we are, an intelligent species...interconnected and capable of communication like never before in all of history....and we are watching the world fall apart before our eyes...all I can say is ...WTF?

Does anyone out there have a clue? Does anyone else "get it"?

Does anyone really care anymore?

Hey Damrod, it´s almost scary how much I can identify what you and some of the others are saying.I´d like to think there is a change in awareness happening and that more people feel the same way. I think most people truly don´t know what to do. I find I always end back at this question.

Hello again SlimJim22 ~ I disagree that immoral people don't practice religion, and in many cases, those are the leaders of religions and religious movements. That aside, I do agree that organized religion today is more divisive than inclusive, and in that respect more emphasis needs to be placed on societal ethics, education about simply being able to live together. Though I am an atheist, I have no problem with those who are religious. My problem is that where religion goes beyond the care for peoples souls, and strays into political and legal arenas, arenas that dictate their religious beliefs on others, specifically on me. As we have discussed on another thread, I believe the key is education, and reforms are drastically needed there. People need to be taught HOW to think, NOT WHAT to think. People need to be taught logic, they need to be taught to question, not accept. This all needs to be included in our educational system, but it really begins at home. Parents have to begin to be responsible for the education of their children. They must take an active role at home education their children, and at the local school board level in changing the system.

I didn't mean to say all immoral people don't practise religion, this is obviously not true and I try to steer clear of such generalizations when I can. I must have slipped up with my communication. What I was meaning to say is that morality and religion are supposed to go hand in hand but religion is extremely contradictory on this very issue. The say "thou shalt not kill" but it seems political enemies are exempt to all rules of morality.

Often Atheists can be more moral that the religous, especially if they believe in HUmanism or anything. Organozed religion relies on people to have faith and believe that which they cannot see, feel or understand. It is illogical and I hope the changing paradigm will allow for a world where religion is spiritual and non-political and people determine their own morality and if the standards of an individual fall below th standards of society they should be punished and rehabilitated.

The same is tru of the ducation system but the paradigm also needs to shift within the scientific community whereby they finally acknowledge the existence of spirit and mind as an entity separate of the body. I won't hold my breath for the near future but already the buds of change are sprouting.

I didn't mean to say all immoral people don't practise religion, this is obviously not true and I try to steer clear of such generalizations when I can. I must have slipped up with my communication. What I was meaning to say is that morality and religion are supposed to go hand in hand but religion is extremely contradictory on this very issue. The say "thou shalt not kill" but it seems political enemies are exempt to all rules of morality.

Often Atheists can be more moral that the religous, especially if they believe in HUmanism or anything. Organozed religion relies on people to have faith and believe that which they cannot see, feel or understand. It is illogical and I hope the changing paradigm will allow for a world where religion is spiritual and non-political and people determine their own morality and if the standards of an individual fall below th standards of society they should be punished and rehabilitated.

The same is tru of the ducation system but the paradigm also needs to shift within the scientific community whereby they finally acknowledge the existence of spirit and mind as an entity separate of the body. I won't hold my breath for the near future but already the buds of change are sprouting.

I agree with you on some things and on others I do not.

Religion, theology and philosophy are not the culprits. It's humankind's inability to comprehend, embrace and project the concepts enclosed. I read a lot of philosophy and theology, not because I am a religious person, but because I want to understand people...who they are and why they do the things they do.

I have read the Bible, I have read the Dao De Jing and several new age philosophies. I am currently re-reading the Bhagavad-Gita (it's been many years) and next in line is a book I picked up on Paganism called "The Witches God". I hope to read the Koran after that because I have never read it and know very-very little about the beliefs and philosophy of Islam aside from what people have told me...and that is not a very fair assessment of anything.

I am a seeker of knowledge, that is just who and what I am. What I have learned through all my reading, studying and pondering is that the failing is in the Human...not the philosophy. If every religion and philosophy could live in adherence to their doctrine...there wouldn't be any problems. Nearly all philosophies (at least the one's I have read) teach the reader to live by kindness, compassion, tolerance, temperance and humility.

I agree that it seems that most Christian religions have a way of picking through the Bible and telling their flock what to read and how to interpret it...and that is not the way ANY of these philosophies and theologies are intended to be consumed or comprehended...they are meant to be "living" texts...as in... they speak to the individual's mind as they read and explore the content and concepts....

But that's just my point of view....

Edited by Damrod

Mankind entered a new age alright (the Age of Aquarius), the 11th sign of the zodiac represents the last leg of the 12-month cycle starting at Aries, ending in Pisces and the cycle goes in reverse : the ages named for when the sun rises inside the one sign: on January 1st, the sun should be in Capricorn.

In ancient times, Aries was the first month of calendars throughout the world to celebrate the return of spring and new life in annual periods, but in some other cultures, it is winter between January 1st to March 1st, so the first sign of the 12-month calendar going by the first weeks of the winter season...is Aquarius/Capricornus.

Now in the length of the astrological epoch in between are the Virgin (the creation of the world) to end in the Scales of Libra (the symbol for judgement day in the end times), astrologers studied the world history in terms of politics, religion, science and artistic or cultural trends; and geological/climatic changes of our planet based on where the sun risen inside one certain sign.

The Age of Pisces began around 6 BCE - the year Christ was Born, and ended around the 1960s, a total of 1,970 years. Some modern astrologers recently included Ophiuchus, the serpent bearer as the 13th sign or quiet possibly to replace Scorpio when the elipetic shifts away from the familiar Scorpion to the Serpent - in mid week December 2012.

In Astrology, Aquarius represents creativity, intelligence, liberalism, and some level of genius also attributed to Capricorn and Pisces. I studied my own star chart when I was born (the date, time and location of birth) to find the position of the sun, moon, planets, and constellations rise/ascend or set/descend, can determine theorotically my fate in life as a projection of where I'm headed to (a form of advisory futurism for ones' goals to set).

And well, Aquarians like myself are more prone to problems than most signs according to a number of astrologers: financial crises, clinical depression, emotional instability and self-confidence. The new age we're in can't be all "happy-happy-joy-joy" by what Aquarius doesn't mean flooding (the water carrier's jug irrigates a field), but the "draining" of prosperity and happiness.

Edited by Makoto Jupiter