Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A U.S. Marine was refused service

Nxt2Hvn

On December 19th, 2004, my brother Jason F. Young Lance Corporal in the United States Marines was refused service at a convenience store named One Stop Grocery and Grill at 2001 8th Ave. in downtown Fort Worth, Texas.

He was refused service because he is a Marine.

He went in to the store and asked the clerk (a man of middle eastern descent) for a can of tobacco, at which point the clerk asked him if he was in the military. (He had on a USMC shirt) After my brother replied, "yes sir" the man said nothing to him and looked at the other middle eastern man in the back of the store. Then both men proceeded to go in to the storeroom and did not come out. My brother yelled back to them a time or two and they did not respond.

Jason waited a few minutes and finally left the store.

I am very proud of the way that my brother reacted to the situation. I can honestly say if it had been me I would have cleared their counter and taken my can of tobacco. It is not fair that these people come into our country and enjoy the freedoms that my brother and so many others have fought for. They do not respect our service men and women who have died for them to be able to be here. They do not respect our country, and personally I think they need to go back to where they came from.

My main point in writing this is to get the word out about this particular store and discourage people from shopping there. If they can't respect or even sell to the people that are responsible for the rights they have, then they don't deserve to be in business.

Please email this to everyone you know to discourage them from shopping at this store.

Found this on Snopes as being true

SOURCE

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Nxt2Hvn

• Babs

• girty1600

We have One Stops here too in the Dallas area and they are also owned by Middle Easterners. I find them to be very friendly to me and I think we can't really judge all One Stops or that particular one even for the idiocy of two guys. They were fired after all. And the owner did apologize. wacko.gif

"When we heard about this thing last week, we fired the guy that minute, but we apologized to the mom and everybody," he said.

So they dont know if thats actually what happened but we fired them so we dont lose any business.

While it is not clear if the incident described in the e-mail was witnessed by others (and thus could be substantiated by those other than the participants), it is also clear no one involved is disputing the account.

Oh well it must be true then. All I see is a one sided story that proves nothing, so what he wears a uniform that doesnt mean he didnt do something to justify the refusal of service.

To our puzzlement, despite the days-earlier firing and apology to the family, protests continued at the store, an 11 January news report claiming "The demonstration brought a sense of resolution to family members."

Hmmm, the "offenders" get the sack, the family gets an apology but they still want to destroy the stores name and business. And I'm meant to feel for the marine.

Well it shows that your brother is civilized and I commend his actions. I would have just left myself too. I'm not a drama king to strangers, only with people I know. grin2.gif

Yet, what happened in the back is what I'd like to know. What were their reasons, and their hidden agenda, if there ever was any to begin with.

who cares ?

Apart from causing incitement this article is pointless. ONe incident in a million doesnt constitut a world affair.

So now after reading this article what would you have us do?

Never shop where a middle easterner works , hate middle easterners?

Tell me the point of ur article?

Strange.... a country where until recently (and as I personally experienced all so still) coloured people are discrimined against and refused entrance/service on a regular basis ... a country which this week official took the stance that torture is allowed (by striking off a law which makes it illegal to torture), thereby admitting that it considers torture a legitimate way to obtain information (land of the not-so free; land of the certainly non-brave) ... and you think it is strange that people refuge service to those committed by supporting that state ?? Now that's strange.

Did you or your brother even considered the fact, that maybe one of the two people involved had a friend, next-of-kin killed as what is so nicely termed "collateral damage" (latest count about 100.000 in Iraq alone and still counting) and therefor are a bit less inclined to serve those involved. I doubt it .....

alienbear Posted Today, 07:43 AM

Strange.... a country where until recently (and as I personally experienced all so still) coloured people are discrimined against and refused entrance/service on a regular basis ... a country which this week official took the stance that torture is allowed (by striking off a law which makes it illegal to torture), thereby admitting that it considers torture a legitimate way to obtain information (land of the not-so free; land of the certainly non-brave) ... and you think it is strange that people refuge service to those committed by supporting that state ?? Now that's strange.

Did you or your brother even considered the fact, that maybe one of the two people involved had a friend, next-of-kin killed as what is so nicely termed "collateral damage" (latest count about 100.000 in Iraq alone and still counting) and therefor are a bit less inclined to serve those involved. I doubt it .....

Are you kidding me? I too have been a victim of this kind of thing. Legal or illegal aliens come to this country and enjoy all of the benefits this country offers then thumb their noses at the very people who make it possible for them to have those benefits. I am not surprised by this story what surprises me is the above quoted post. I have not checked out alienbear's profile but I wonder where alienbear is from.

morpheas

You are correct and I stand corrected, my remarks were poorly worded and I do apologize to you, alienbear and all unexplained-mysteries members for any offense. I did not intend to imply that all aliens be they legal or illegal behave in this manor. In additon I was not attempting to imply the all victims of discrimination are aliensQuite the opposite, discrimination goes both ways does it not, the majority discriminating against the minority and the minority discriminating against the majority. As for your question concerning Native Americans, my wife is of Native American extraction and I get along with her family famously. Once again I apologize for any offense I created.

My fellow Americans, get a grip.

There are two ways to look at the actions that day. One is as it is stated in the "letter" and the other is from the clerks view, which is not stated.

It is very possible that the clerk had been treated badly by a customer either in uniform or other indications that he was military personel. This poor man (the U.S. soldier mentioned in the article) was the next military person to enter the store, and thus caught the end of the untold story. The clerk may have feared for his own safety. Considering the state is Texas, the city Ft. Worth, it would be no surprise to me of this possibilty. Nothing against Texans, but the have an American pride all thier own. Very up front about it.

The store owner, knowing that in order to stay in business, had no choice but to let the clerk go. Regardless of who was right or wrong.

It seems to me, the good white folks have already gotten more than their pound of flesh. They seem to be going after the whole bloody carcass.

Maybe we Americans didn't learn our lessons of the witch hunts and segragation of the south, so we can stand here and say the clerk was in the wrong. Those were the times you could accuse someone of a crime and because you were of a certain class, your word was gold. I always wondered how many of these people stood by smiling as an innocent person was condemned.

All this article does is stir more hatred for people you don't even know, based on only one persons perception and reporting of an incident.

You humans never cease to amaze me.

Enough ranting.

Edited by stillcrazy

thank u stillcarzy, am glad your back ...

Nxt2hvn id like to as you yourelf why you posted the article and what you intend the imact this type of article would have?

I love this type of articules, its show how messed up are the generals ideas in the USA, and secondary, in the whole world.

thank u stillcarzy, am glad your back ...

Nxt2hvn id like to as you yourelf why you posted the article and what you intend the imact this type of article would have?

449508[/snapback]

Why do I have to have a motive?... I just posted it FYI... no motive... can't I just post something???? Geesh.. get off my back! mad.gif

Ooops.. didn't mean to put this here

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

Why do I have to have a motive?... I just posted it FYI... no motive... can't I just post something???? Geesh.. get off my back!

well when posting stories that have an inflammatory purpose (which this article clearly has IE appeal to right wingers) then maybe you should put a little thought into it before posting.

Its cleary an attack on middle easterners, you can see that....right?

Why do I have to have a motive?... I just posted it FYI... no motive... can't I just post something???? Geesh.. get off my back!

well when posting stories that have an inflammatory purpose (which this article clearly has IE appeal to right wingers) then maybe you should put a little thought into it before posting.

Its cleary an attack on middle easterners, you can see that....right?

449551[/snapback]

I really didn't think it would get that much response... it is just something that happened.... i just posted for FYI.... You waste way too much of your time and energy "reading into things!"

Get over it... geesh.. if it bothers you that much.. have a Mod remove it.. I DO NOT CARE.

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

nxt2hvn i dont read to much into things , this is how intolerance and racism spreads .

Wee articles in local newspapers spreading disenchantment and exploitation.

Until there is no racism and intolerance i cant just give up , i enjoy pointing stuff like this out because at least i feel as if im trying to stop it.

Bigotry is plain wrong.

nxt2hvn i dont read to much into things , this is how intolerance and racism spreads .

Wee articles in local newspapers spreading disenchantment and exploitation.

Until there is no racism and intolerance i cant just give up , i enjoy pointing stuff like this out because at least i feel as if im trying to stop it.

Bigotry is plain wrong.

449561[/snapback]

Carry on with your cause then.... who am I to step in your way! As I am sure we will butt heads again... as I am sure to post something else you don't approve of! rolleyes.gif

fair enuff , i just find it dissapointin u cant even see why posting stories like that is pointless and pandering to fascists and racists.

It's just news..... It happened and now people are aware that it did in fact happen. That's why these forums are here......Right?

It's just news..... It happened and now people are aware that it did in fact happen.  That's why these forums are here......Right?

449572[/snapback]

Yay.. a voice of logic... thank you girty... exactly what I was trying to say! thumbsup.gif

It's just news..... It happened and now people are aware that it did in fact happen. That's why these forums are here......Right

If hitler had been given no press , would he have become chancellor of germany?

I think not...

Point being if the press is responsible and the people re-gurgitating it(nxt2hvn) then fascists , racists & bigots would have a FAR harder job in poisoning people with hatred.