Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Not even sure where to put this

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

My brothers granddaughter was killed in a car wreck.....she looked like she was going to make it and passed today.....I have no idea what to say to my brother.....he is heartbroken....I so wish I could offer consoling words.....but I have none.  I do not know what to say....she was only 7 years old.....how do you tell someone it will al be ok......

I am flattened....I have no words....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

So sorry, Jeremiah. Words never seem enough for something like this.

Do you live close enough to visit him?

Sometimes words are not necessary, if you know what I mean...

Eyes, hugs, just being there, can say volumes more than our words can sometimes...

Even just your voice on the phone, letting him let go, just listening...

Edited by QuiteContrary, 07 July 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#3    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Thank you so much....we live miles and miles apart....I feel so bad for him and not knowing what to say is breaking my heart.....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,802 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

When I told the boys their Mom was dead, we just held each other and cried. Don't tell him it gets better, it don't, it gets easier. Cry with him, even it just on the phone. Tell him how much you love him and her.  Just be there for him to share with. I am so sorry for your loss.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

My deepest condolences.

Be there for him, lend your strength, share his pain.  let him scream at the cosmos, and tell him he will survive this.  Darkwind is right:  it doesn't get better, but it does get easier, over time.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#6    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 06 July 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

My brothers granddaughter was killed in a car wreck.....she looked like she was going to make it and passed today.....I have no idea what to say to my brother.....he is heartbroken....I so wish I could offer consoling words.....but I have none.  I do not know what to say....she was only 7 years old.....how do you tell someone it will al be ok......

I am flattened....I have no words....
There is nothing to do in such tragedy. Ony the truth and sharing in suffering. If you want advice on what to say, say the truth. It breaks yur heart and you don't have any words.

Take care

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users