Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hassan Rouhani is Iran's next president

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostYamato, on 17 June 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Are the Imams not really in power anymore because of this new figure head?   Of course they are.   I was never convinced by the media propa why Ahmadinejad was so bad, and I haven't even heard a hypothetical reason why this guy is going to be any better.  We're engaging in full scale economic war with Iran and maybe this guy will submit to the will of his enemies?  Is that the hope?

This book is nothing but cover, Wearer.  That's something that anyone who ever rabble roused about Ahmadinejad couldn't understand.

Yeah right. Is your conversion to Islam complete yet? And to Shiism, to boot.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#17    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostYamato, on 17 June 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Saudi Arabia is a moderate Muslim state?   What are you smoking Merton?  
How about a warning before posting a woman's severed head. Violence against anyone is wrong, but against women and children it makes me physically ill.

I'm just saying.

#18    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,742 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postand then, on 16 June 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

No doubt it will, unless Israel sees no other choice.  The power rests with Khamanei, just as it did in Ahmadinejad's tenure.  The world is acting as though a nuclear Iran is a manageable problem.  Kind of like it estimated Hitler's 3rd Reich to be.  When the threshold is crossed and Iran is a nuclear power it will be far too late to try and stop their plans.  They will push some Israeli government a bit farther than they mean to and the world will finally get their proof of the danger of Iranian nukes.

The Iranian people had a choice. And they chose apparently a moderate. Instead to throw around with threats we should aplaud them for showing courage to make their life better. Time will tell if the right candidate is elected or not. One I do know, israel should welcome this situation and do the best to peacefully solve a bad situation instead to threten, yet again.
The iranian did their part. The last we want to do is punish them by bombing their children.
But it looks to me that you and bibi just want to do this.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,208 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 17 June 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

How about a warning before posting a woman's severed head. Violence against anyone is wrong, but against women and children it makes me physically ill.
I'm not sure how that even slipped through.  It looked almost like she was smiling at them in death....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#20    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,208 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postodas, on 17 June 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

The Iranian people had a choice. And they chose apparently a moderate. Instead to throw around with threats we should aplaud them for showing courage to make their life better. Time will tell if the right candidate is elected or not. One I do know, israel should welcome this situation and do the best to peacefully solve a bad situation instead to threten, yet again.
The iranian did their part. The last we want to do is punish them by bombing their children.
But it looks to me that you and bibi just want to do this.
You're wrong about that Odas.  I know you consider me a Muslim hater and a war monger but I do NOT want to see the people of Iran OR my fellow citizens dying in a stupid, senseless war.  This Rohani was a follower of Rafsanjani and it was HE who stood before an open mike and said Israel could be destroyed with a nuke or two while they could cause "damages only".  This is a matter of record:  http://www.iran-pres...eats_141201.htm
I would accept your concern as unbiased but from your statements in the past I have every reason to believe that if Iran got the bomb and EVEN if they attacked Israel with it you would not be upset.  It is one thing to disagree with a nation's policies... but to wish for their end is another.  The people of Iran proved that they want what they have wanted forever - to live in peace and be left alone.  It is their leaders who are making this impossible.  They were given choices and chose the least worse leader available.  If the youth of Iran could have their way then I suspect the old men in robes would be in trouble.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#21    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,360 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 17 June 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yeah right. Is your conversion to Islam complete yet? And to Shiism, to boot.
Keep me out of this, Mr. ad hominem.  I was born and raised Catholic and I'm now agnostic which is also none of your damned business.   If you're too disabled to discuss a subject without discussing me, keep your insults to yourself.

Yeah, the guy who wants to cut the umbilical cord to foreigners in Sharia-law societies is somehow the one who wants to convert to Islam.   I think taxpayers from Tokyo should pay for nonsense in the Middle East, not me.  Then you'll know what it looks like when your wallet is humping the hill for Sharia and I'm snipping about your personal religious beliefs in response to your disgust.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#22    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,195 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Guys c'mon, don't post graphic images, I've just hidden two.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by libstaK, 18 June 2013 - 04:51 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,360 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

Sharia Arabia is so "moderate" we can't even show how "moderate" it is.  I rest my case.

Back in Iran, the 'Guardian Council' chose the six candidates for this election after rejecting hundreds of other applicants, including Rafsanjani himself.   "Living in peace and being left alone" would mean no economic warfare or threats of attack from Israel and the US.  It would also mean Iran will continue its nuclear energy program, its right to do so made clear by Rowhani in his public remarks after the election.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

I doubt there is a government anywhere that doesn't do things that upset us, and executing people is one of those things a lot of these governments do.

As governments go, though, the Saudis in general aren't that bad.  One has to remember the society they are governing, and its norms.  The Saudi government for the most part seems to have the best interests of the citizens at heart, and does not seem to have imperial notions or ideas of violent destruction of Israel or other conquest.

And, I think most relevant, they aren't building bombs.

#25    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,360 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 18 June 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I doubt there is a government anywhere that doesn't do things that upset us, and executing people is one of those things a lot of these governments do.

As governments go, though, the Saudis in general aren't that bad.  One has to remember the society they are governing, and its norms.  The Saudi government for the most part seems to have the best interests of the citizens at heart, and does not seem to have imperial notions or ideas of violent destruction of Israel or other conquest.

And, I think most relevant, they aren't building bombs.
Most relevant to western rotgut hypocrisy, they aren't building bombs.   The US built 10,000 Bombs but the Saudis stone their women for being victims of violent crime so that's okay.   Even if I put the hypocrisy aside, what bombs?   You've drunk the kool aid, Merton.  There isn't a bomb in sight.  It's western propaganda in denial of all evidence.   I don't believe anyone alive in Vietnam today could be this much of an apologist of US hegemony.

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

That just reveals you to me as unable to think clearly and objectively.

#27    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

I went through the American war, and before that it was the French, and before that the Japanese.  At the time -- of course I don't really remember the Japanese -- I was just a child -- I never hated French or Americans the way Yamato seems to hate Americans.  Now I see him trying to use my experience to advance his distorted political agenda.  It is unfortunate.

We all have to make our way in the same world.  To do that we are much better off forgetting and forgiving and, even more important, seeing things from different perspectives.  The extreme views that I see here are discouraging.  They are entirely too one-sided and too close minded.

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,360 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 18 June 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I went through the American war, and before that it was the French, and before that the Japanese.  At the time -- of course I don't really remember the Japanese -- I was just a child -- I never hated French or Americans the way Yamato seems to hate Americans.  Now I see him trying to use my experience to advance his distorted political agenda.  It is unfortunate.

We all have to make our way in the same world.  To do that we are much better off forgetting and forgiving and, even more important, seeing things from different perspectives.  The extreme views that I see here are discouraging.  They are entirely too one-sided and too close minded.
You know what I really hate?  I hate BS.

#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostYamato, on 18 June 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

You know what I really hate?  I hate BS.
Dismissing what people who disagree with you say as "BS" is a cop-out.

#30    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,360 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 18 June 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Dismissing what people who disagree with you say as "BS" is a cop-out.
That all depends.  If you just make statements with no factual basis whatever, no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users