Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Altantis

Discordia

According to the continental drift theory, all the continents fit together, like a jigsaw puzzle. If you look at a map, you will see that the continents really do fit together- with the exception of the USA in North America and Western Europe. Could Atlantis be the missing piece? Source

Many scriptures throught history share the story of the "Great Flood" Could this have resulted in the continental drift? Think about all the lost civilizations discovered already that are under water. I am not sure wether they have discovered anything there yet, but it could be buried underneath the ocean floor.

[attachmentid=14239]

Atlantis's location based on Ignatius Donnelly's book, Atlantis: The Antediluvian World.

So if I am correct, tha'd put it here...(assuming the theory of pangea)

[attachmentid=14240]

So any suggestions or other theories? I know there has been numerous posts on Atlantis before, and if this one has been done before, sorry.

post-10343-1114785393_thumb.jpg

post-10343-1114785593_thumb.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• Atlantis Rises

• aquatus1

• Discordia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continental drift is caused by plates of unimaginable mass and size being moved by currents in a lake of molten rock the size of the planet Earth. No great flood is ever going to move one of these babies.

The other problem is that island (not continent) of Atlantis, like all the other land masses, would be, essentially, along for the ride. Even if it did exist once and was inundated, the sea-mount would still be there. If you can find a sea-floor map of the Hawaian Islands region, you can see a series of sea-mounts that used to be the Hawaian Islands stretching back for thousands of miles (and even making a right-angle turn when the continental movement shifted!)

aquatus1 your right about the plate movements, The flood wouldn't have caused them. I don't know what possessed me to say that. What I mean is; After the great flood took place, did it bury Atlantis? And if so, with time and the plates shifting, could it be buried deep within the ocean.

Edited by Discordia

What you are talking about is called plate tectonics, and if you look at a map of the world as it was during the Permian period (225 million years ago) you will see that the continents fit nicely together into one big supercontinent called Pangaea.

Plate Tectonics - Pangaea Continent Maps

What you are talking about is called plate tectonics, and if you look at a map of the world as it was during the Permian period (225 million years ago) you will see that the continents fit nicely together into one big supercontinent called Pangaea.

Plate Tectonics - Pangaea Continent Maps

596696[/snapback]

oh ffs you guys.

even plato said that his story was fictional

there was never an atlantis

it doesn't exist

of course i'm sure you've all seen the hundreds of examples of atlantean art and coinage and thats whats driving this nonsense forwards right ?

speculation is sometimes useful

speculating over something that doesn't nor has ever existed is pointless

there could be a atlantis, and it does prove there was once civilizations which are now buried underwater, long ago water wasnt as high, so there was alot more land showing, some civilizations were built on those banks and when the water levels rose again 'the great flood' it wiped out those city's/civilizations, theres some going from the carribean to japan to even india and some near europe, so maybe atlantis does exist just its ruins havnt been found under water yet.

there could be a atlantis, and it does prove there was once civilizations which are now buried underwater, long ago water wasnt as high, so there was alot more land showing, some civilizations were built on those banks and when the water levels rose again 'the great flood' it wiped out those city's/civilizations, theres some going from the carribean to japan to even india and some near europe, so maybe atlantis does exist just its ruins havnt been found under water yet.

596861[/snapback]

or maybe you're just delusional and unsure of your facts ?

shall we vote ?

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

one last time then

plato is the only source for the atlantis myth in the history of this planet

plato was a philosopher

philosophers tell stories to teach good behaviour

understand yet ?

trust me marduk, this will run and run.

until sum1 says they found 'antlantis' treasure and whereabouts of the place

then u might be screwed

u neva know, stranger things have happened... hmm.gifohmy.gif

trust me marduk, this will run and run.

until sum1 says they found 'antlantis' treasure and whereabouts of the place

then u might be screwed

u neva know, stranger things have happened... hmm.gif  ohmy.gif

596886[/snapback]

"then u might be screwed"

now you're getting me all excited

hehe w00t.gif

Well Marduk, the ancient Sumerians was first believed to be a myth until they finally discovered it was real and obviously you know a lot about them considering thats where your name came from. Yes there are a lot of myths out there, but sometimes you have to read between the lines, there are truths to some of them. So I do believe Atlantis exists, even Edgar Casey, a christian prophet believes that it existed. And here we go again! lol We are good at one thing; disagreeing. laugh.gif

Well Marduk, the ancient Sumerians was first believed to be a myth until they finally discovered it was real and obviously you know a lot about them considering thats where your name came from. Yes there are a lot of myths out there, but sometimes you have to read between the lines, there are truths to some of them. So I do believe Atlantis exists, even Edgar Casey, a christian prophet believes that it existed. And here we go again! lol We are good at one thing; disagreeing.  laugh.gif

597680[/snapback]

the ancient sumerians were never thought to be mythical

my name is babylonian

plato didnt believe in the existence of atlantis. why do you

edgar cayce stated that atlantis would be uncovered in the 60s

you remember the headline from back then " Atlantis found at last"

no neither do i

you're right we'll probably keep disagreeing for a long time

at least until you actually say something factual

hehehe

w00t.gifthumbsup.gifgrin2.gif

Edited by marduk

hehehe

w00t.gif  thumbsup.gif  grin2.gif

597687[/snapback]

Lol! I will bite my tongue on that comment, cos I am a nice american. original.gif

Anyways, criticism is good as long as it's not insulting, you walk a very thin line on that. laugh.gif

I remember reading something about people believing the sumerians were a myth. thumbsup.gif

hehehe

597687[/snapback]

Lol! I will bite my tongue on that comment, cos I am a nice american. original.gif

Anyways, criticism is good as long as it's not insulting, you walk a very thin line on that. laugh.gif

I remember reading something about people believing the sumerians were a myth. thumbsup.gif

598042[/snapback]

you're quite right i walk right on the line

its the best way to make a point when you're talking to someone who's really really wrong in most of their comments

present company excepted

see

easy peasy

w00t.gifthumbsup.gif

hehehe

597687[/snapback]

598042[/snapback]

its the best way to make a point when you're talking to someone who's really really wrong in most of their comments

present company excepted

see

easy peasy

w00t.gifthumbsup.gif

598047[/snapback]

You british people are so mouthy. grin2.gif

Maybe theEven if there is no Atlantis, there could still be a sunken civilization who's story resembles Atlantis (at least in the "huge amazing culture who sunk" part)... and thats why I think things like this persist.

how can a civilisation be huge if its all contained on one island

if america disappeared in a day and a night like atlantis was supposed to then we'd still know it was there because of all the americana around the world

just a little suspicious that nothing has ever been found stamped with "made in atlantis"

you think ??

aquatus1 your right about the plate movements, The flood wouldn't have caused them. I don't know what possessed me to say that. What I mean is; After the great flood took place, did it bury Atlantis? And if so, with time and the plates shifting, could it be buried deep within the ocean.

596689[/snapback]

Okay, well, making the assumption that two things which have no evidence of having ever occurred or existed (and that have much evidence that they didn't occur) did actually happen, my second point would still apply.

Islands, to say nothing of continents, do not simply disappear. They may sink, the get get covered over with water, they may get washed out, but an island (and a continent) is much, much more, than simply what one sees on the surface. To completely delete the existance of the island of Atlantis, you not only have to destroy the island itself, you also have to destroy the entire volcanic basalt sea-mount, all hundreds of feet of it that went from the bottom of the ocean all the way to the top. If Atlantis did indeed exist, despite Plato's claim that it was fictional, and it was placed before the gates of Herakles, despite many who would ignore that in favor of claiming the math was wrong, we should still be able to find a sea-mount somewhere in that vicinity. Even the real Great Flood, the flooding of the Meditarranean Basin, would not have destroyed a seamount like that.

596689[/snapback]

Okay, well, making the assumption that two things which have no evidence of having ever occurred or existed (and that have much evidence that they didn't occur) did actually happen, my second point would still apply.

Islands, to say nothing of continents, do not simply disappear. They may sink, the get get covered over with water, they may get washed out, but an island (and a continent) is much, much more, than simply what one sees on the surface. To completely delete the existance of the island of Atlantis, you not only have to destroy the island itself, you also have to destroy the entire volcanic basalt sea-mount, all hundreds of feet of it that went from the bottom of the ocean all the way to the top. If Atlantis did indeed exist, despite Plato's claim that it was fictional, and it was placed before the gates of Herakles, despite many who would ignore that in favor of claiming the math was wrong, we should still be able to find a sea-mount somewhere in that vicinity. Even the real Great Flood, the flooding of the Meditarranean Basin, would not have destroyed a seamount like that.

598621[/snapback]

you forgot to add that it wasn't just an island.

plato said it was bigger than two continents

libya and asia

There is another Theory that says Atlantis could have been located somewhere in the Portuguese Azores Island ???

Atlantis in Azores ?

Lost Atlantis

Possible Capital of Atlantis has described by Platos

CApital

taking that Azores is in the Atalntic Ocean, i would agree with the high possibility ...Atlantis/Atlantic ????

Edited by baastetnoir

There is another Theory that says Atlantis could have been located somewhere in the Portuguese Azores Island ???

Atlantis in Azores ?

Lost Atlantis

Possible Capital of Atlantis has described by Platos

CApital

taking that Azores is in the Atalntic Ocean, i would agree with the high possibility ...Atlantis/Atlantic ????

598805[/snapback]

shows what you know then don't it

no.gifno.gifno.gifw00t.gif

you forgot to add that it wasn't just an island.

plato said it was bigger than two continents

libya and asia

598738[/snapback]

I didn't forget, I simply don't agree with it. The translation can either be "larger", or "greater" than the rest of the known world, but considering how Atlantis is referred to on several different occasion as being an island in front of the Pillars of Herakles (one of a few actually), and that there simply isn't room for anything of that size there, or anywhere in the Mediterranean ocean, I follow more the theory that by "greater", Plato was referring to power and influence, not physical size.

hehehe

597687[/snapback]

598042[/snapback]

present company excepted

see

easy peasy

w00t.gifthumbsup.gif

598047[/snapback]

598054[/snapback]

Marduk is always mouthy and rude. And just to place my two cents in.. i believe it existed. Maybe not to the standards that hight that everyones places on it, but that it existed in some way.

how can a civilisation be huge if its all contained on one island

if america disappeared in a day and a night like atlantis was supposed to then we'd still know it was there because of all the americana around the world

just a little suspicious that nothing has ever been found stamped with "made in atlantis"

you think ??

598425[/snapback]

Maybe the theortical Atlantis was a single global civilization that encompassed all the races of man. Maybe the great flood seperated them and what we see today is the remnants that survived..and developed along a different path that emphassied segregation, I dont know. While I am not an Atlantis believer I am a believer in pre-human history. thumbsup.gif

hehehe

597687[/snapback]

598042[/snapback]

present company excepted

see

easy peasy

w00t.gifthumbsup.gif

598047[/snapback]

598054[/snapback]

Marduk is always mouthy and rude. And just to place my two cents in.. i believe it existed. Maybe not to the standards that hight that everyones places on it, but that it existed in some way.

601491[/snapback]

Lol! Someone agrees with me tongue.gif

Also, thanks to everyone who has posted here, there are some interesting theories.

Yah.. i just dont usually point out something like that unless i see need to .. hehe.

I myself like reading new theroys on all kinds of things. I mean.. scientist cant be right all the time.