Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#196    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

View Postjoc, on 15 November 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hmmm...so Hitler attempted to annihilate the Jews.   That was tragedy.  Iran wants to annihilate the Jews....so when 10 million Jews die that will be comedy?

There will be no annihilation of the Jews by Iran, maybe some day they will run out of the need of somebody to blame their faults on and decide to wipe Israel off the map, but that will have to do little with Jews, much more with Zionists.  Sometimes a Jew and a Zionist are the same thing, but not always. There are in fact Christian Zionists.

Derailed enough, thank you.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#197    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

a paid-up member of the “tin foil hat brigade”

• 24,431 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

There will be no annihilation of the Jews by Iran, maybe some day they will run out of the need of somebody to blame their faults on and decide to wipe Israel off the map, but that will have to do little with Jews, much more with Zionists.  Sometimes a Jew and a Zionist are the same thing, but not always. There are in fact Christian Zionists.

Everything is either the fault of the Jews, or the Muslims. It's always the fault of the other bogey group. It's never ever the fault of one's own group.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#198    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Okay...I won't derail any further than (I must leave for work)  other than to say that regardless of what label you want to put on them.  The President of Iran has said numerous times that he would like to wipe Israel off the face of the map....and to also say to this:

Everything is either the fault of the Jews, or the Muslims. It's always the fault of the other bogey group. It's never ever the fault of one's own group
Seriously...what the hell does that have to do with what was just said?  Nothing.  Thank you!

But....to the point of the topic.......

What is left of the Union can simply wait until those, where secession has a chance, degrade to 3rd world status (which is not very difficult as most of them depend on one or more pork barrel from Washington for their subsistence) and then dictate them any humiliating terms to be accepted again and they would take it.
I think you have it a bit bassackwards....Texas doesn't need Washington...and if we succeed...well...look at the other states that would go with us...it would be the rest of the Union that would come begging to join us when they became destitute.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#199    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

I don't think that, should some of these jokers actually succeed, there will be a clear war North/South. What is left of the Union can simply wait until those, where secession has a chance, degrade to 3rd world status (which is not very difficult as most of them depend on one or more pork barrel from Washington for their subsistence) and then dictate them any humiliating terms to be accepted again and they would take it.

Where do y'all plan on getting gas for your vehicles? You realize that most refineries are in Texas and Louisiana.
Where do you think Washington DC gets there money for pork? From the citizens of the states.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#200    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostBama13, on 15 November 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Where do y'all plan on getting gas for your vehicles? You realize that most refineries are in Texas and Louisiana.
Where do you think Washington DC gets there money for pork? From the citizens of the states.

The same way they get most of it right now anyway because there are not enough refining capacities in the US: buy it in Europe, as they use mostly Diesel they have too much of it.

Edited by questionmark, 15 November 2012 - 05:38 PM.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#201    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

You know there is a very easy solution to all this. The US will be disolved and revert to British control. Then your leader, Queen Elizabeth the Second, will restructure your country into a more suitable orginization. We'll test it for a year or so and then the US will be allowed back into the Commonwealth. There, problem solved.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#202    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,580 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostCorp, on 15 November 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

You know there is a very easy solution to all this. The US will be disolved and revert to British control. Then your leader, Queen Elizabeth the Second, will restructure your country into a more suitable orginization. We'll test it for a year or so and then the US will be allowed back into the Commonwealth. There, problem solved.

Heh, I think we are more likely to see NHL in hell before that happens. :)

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#203    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,729 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostCorp, on 15 November 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

lol, sure, we kicked brits out with guns before, we'll do it again if we have to.

not that i 'm in favor of any state comming out from the union, it will create more problems than solution. we see how good brake up of ussr worked.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#204    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostHasina, on 14 November 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

The PETITIONS are filed by PEOPLE who wish that their VIEWPOINT and STANCE be viewed by the federal government.

None of the STATE GOVERNMENTS ENDORSE these.

Oh man, good point past Hasina.

View PostHasina, on 14 November 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

No problem future Hasina. I'd also like to say that even if in some unlikely event that the White House or the federal government signed off on the petitions, it wouldn't mean the state's seceded. They'd then have to file a petition to their state to secede or ask the state government if they wanted to secede. In both cases, it would more then likely never get done. Especially since the federal government will never approve of these silly petitions.

Stop showing me up, past Hasina.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#205    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostBama13, on 15 November 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

You are incorrect. There was a "south" and "southerners". John Adams wanted someone form the "south" (therefore a "southerner") to lead the army in order to assure the "south" was on board with the revolution. The constitutional debate of whether slavery would be allowed in the US was between "northern" and "southern" states. There were also the "middle" states.

James Madison is called the "Father of the Constitution". He was from the "south".

Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachussetts, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia and New York were the only states in 1788. And there's a rather large difference between what John Adams considered the south in 1788 and what was "the South" (meaning the Confederate States of America) c.1860 - 1865. BTW, James Madison may have helped draft the Constitution, but again, Gouverneur Morris actually wrote most of it and he was from New York. So no, it wasn't written by a Southerner. There was no meaningful division between North and South in 1788 like there was during the Civil War.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#206    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Granted, the USA was founded on secession.

People who call secessionists un-American are very ignorant.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#207    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostDrayno, on 15 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Granted, the USA was founded on secession.

People who call secessionists un-American are very ignorant.

That being the case, those against seccession will try to paint those who are for it in a negative light, that can almost be expected. It's already happening.

Edited by WoIverine, 15 November 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#208    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 15 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

That being the case, those against seccession will try to paint those who are for it in a negative light, that can almost be expected. It's already happening.

Everything is relative, claiming that those wanting to secede are pro-American is just as ludicrous as claiming that the continental Army was pro-British. What makes the difference between being a traitor or a hero is whether you are successful and whether you are on the winning or loosing side.

about me

#209    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Everything is relative, claiming that those wanting to secede are pro-American is just as ludicrous as claiming that the continental Army was pro-British. What makes the difference between being a traitor or a hero is whether you are successful and whether you are on the winning or loosing side.

That is relatively true.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#210    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,187 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'll have to see if I can find the one for Washington State, it was pretty amusing from what I glanced at... one of the concessions they asked for was for President Obama to do the Hokey Pokey. Think they're super serious? LOL. At this point, from what I can tell, the rest of the country is just trying to make Texas look like a bunch of asses, and doing it nicely.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users