Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel pushes plans for 3000 new settlements

WHO U KIDDIN

You, sir, are being intentionally provocative and I don't appreciate it. I am attempting to discuss in a reasoned and reasonable way a situation in the M.E. that is pertinent in today's world. I'm 52 and don't appreciate being referred to as "sonny" If you are so old then you might use some of the manners you were no doubt instructed in. It costs nothing to be civil here, though it can be a challenge at times.

No... you ignore all logic and reason presented to you and repeat the same irrational behavior. Countless members have called you out on it and you reply with its just you being you, a self declared christian-zionist. At the ripe young age of 52 you need to grow up.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

That’s an easy one Then in 1964 Arafat was fighting to liberate all of Palestine from the Zionists, including the areas called Israel. At that time Arafat did not see peace with the Israelis as a possibility, he did not even recognize Israel’s right as a state. Arafat wanted all of Palestine for the Arabs, just like the Zionists today want to create their vision of a Greater Israel from all the former British mandate territories.

They say with age comes wisdom and contrary to the old saying that ‘you can’t teach an old dog new tricks’ Arafat by 1988 in a speech at a special United Nations session held in Geneva, Switzerland, declared that the PLO renounced terrorism and supported "the right of all parties concerned in the Middle East conflict to live in peace and security, including the states of Palestine, Israel and other neighbors".

Contrary to your Faux News sources the PLO and Arafat didn’t drop the ball on Oslo. It was the continued expansion of settlements into the West Bank encouraged by the extremist ultra-national settlers movement and backed by Netanyahu’s Likud that broke ‘the spirit’ of the Oslo agreements. It drove both the PLO and Hamas to once again renew their “terrorist” attacks against the Israelis and by 2000 lead to the Second Intifada and the trashing of Oslo with mutual blessings for its demise from Netanyahu and his crowd.

[media=]

[/media]

100% spot on.

• Like 1

What Israel and Palestine should paste on their foreheads:

AN EYE FOR AN EYE MAKES EVERYONE BLIND !

(Albert Einstein)

What Israel and Palestine should paste on their foreheads:

AN EYE FOR AN EYE MAKES EVERYONE BLIND !

(Albert Einstein)

Except in the present context, Israel will take out an eye, if not the entire head, should

a hair in their eyebrow is even touched.

If nothing is done, nothing more need to be feared.

All Palestinians will all have their eyes taken out with their heads while only a single eyebrow is taken

from an Israeli.

I then fear if Israel will find some obscure writings in their past that the rest of the world is up for grabs to them as tribute to them

from the God that made them his Chosen People.

Edited by shanlung

No... you ignore all logic and reason presented to you and repeat the same irrational behavior. Countless members have called you out on it and you reply with its just you being you, a self declared christian-zionist. At the ripe young age of 52 you need to grow up.

So I'm not allowed to hold a dissenting opinion Acidhead?

So I'm not allowed to hold a dissenting opinion Acidhead?

You sure can bud... just be prepared to be called out on it and don't whine that you're a victim when it happens.

• Like 1

You sure can bud... just be prepared to be called out on it and don't whine that you're a victim when it happens.

My comment to shanlung was not whining. He was being intentionally insulting and since some of us get suspended for such behavior I think it only fair that we ALL be held to the same standard.
  • Like 2

My comment to shanlung was not whining. He was being intentionally insulting and since some of us get suspended for such behavior I think it only fair that we ALL be held to the same standard.

Ha ha ha!

I insulting?

I merely gave you the same kind of respect as what you have been giving to me and all others here.

How about a deal?

You change your signature to Annihilate the Palestinians, or Drive the Palestinians to the sea which is a lot more truthful

to what you are doing instead of your hypocritical signature calling for peace when you wanted nothing but war.

And at that, war with the hands of Palestinians tied to be brutally savaged by your Israel friends.

I then will change my address to you.

You see as sign of goodwill I did not address you here by what you should be addressed as.

Except in the present context, Israel will take out an eye, if not the entire head, should

a hair in their eyebrow is even touched.

If nothing is done, nothing more need to be feared.

All Palestinians will all have their eyes taken out with their heads while only a single eyebrow is taken

from an Israeli.

I then fear if Israel will find some obscure writings in their past that the rest of the world is up for grabs to them as tribute to them

from the God that made them his Chosen People.

Look, this 'eye for an eye' Arab-Palestine-Israel conflict has gone on for far too many decades.

Why? Because each opponent can not see an inch beyond their own tribal, nationalistic self-interests.

Clearly this attitude and government policy has not resulted in any positive results for ANYONE ! Historical events that brought Israel and Palestine to this more than lamentable present state can not be reversed.

However, the future is not set in concrete - but for us to create and make - by facing up to reality, by stepping beyond a certain calcified mindset, by recognizing that we, as humans, have more in common than that which is different, by demanding from our leaders to stop violence based policies, by adopting INTELLIGENT ways of dealing with each others fears and differences in politics, religion and economies.

In other words, Palestine and Israel must use Common Sense (even if that is not common at all), if they want to stop and move past their current and future cycles of violence.

Look, this 'eye for an eye' Arab-Palestine-Israel conflict has gone on for far too many decades.

Why? Because each opponent can not see an inch beyond their own tribal, nationalistic self-interests.

Clearly this attitude and government policy has not resulted in any positive results for ANYONE ! Historical events that brought Israel and Palestine to this more than lamentable present state can not be reversed.

However, the future is not set in concrete - but for us to create and make - by facing up to reality, by stepping beyond a certain calcified mindset, by recognizing that we, as humans, have more in common than that which is different, by demanding from our leaders to stop violence based policies, by adopting INTELLIGENT ways of dealing with each others fears and differences in politics, religion and economies.

In other words, Palestine and Israel must use Common Sense (even if that is not common at all), if they want to stop and move past their current and future cycles of violence.

I agree that this had gone far too far.

Situation there must be changed to arming the Palestinians as well. With equivalent high tech weapons that can

be aimed and fired as accurately as Israel is firing their rockets and phosphorus shells into homes and schools.

If wait any longer, all the Palestinians from baby to old man have no more eyes to see with.

When truly to the stage of an eye for an eye, Israel will be compelled to stop their ethnic cleansing and Lebensrauming and talk real peace.

Edited by shanlung

This 'eye for an eye' Arab-Palestine-Israel conflict has gone on for far too many decades.

I agree that this had gone far too far.

Situation there must be changed to arming the Palestinians as well. With equivalent high tech weapons that can

be aimed and fired as accurately as Israel is firing their rockets and phosphorus shells into homes and schools.

If wait any longer, all the Palestinians from baby to old man have no more eyes to see with.

When truly to the stage of an eye for an eye, Israel will be compelled to stop their ethnic cleansing and Lebensrauming and talk real peace.

Look, I am neither for nor against anyone. You only blame Israel, never mention the rockets Hamas shoots into Israel.

This continuing blame game of who has done more atrocities over the decades, does not help.

More weapons will not help solve anything either.

ONLY More Superior Ideas - on how to live together will. And that goes for BOTH sides.

• Like 1

This 'eye for an eye' Arab-Palestine-Israel conflict has gone on for far too many decades.

In the meantime, Israel knows that they can take out with impunity anyone who stand in their way.

Israel go laughing into their 3000 new settlements now. That on top of the 500,000 Israelis already living in the Occupied Land now since the parody of Oslo and Peace Talk started.

It is now clear Israel has no intention of Peace and all intention of Lebensrauming.

While the rest of the world wring their hands and shout or whisper for peace, real or hypocritically, the march of the Israelites into land of other people will continue.

The only way to stop that is to allow real meaningful arms to the people whose land is stolen from.

Let the people whose land is stolen from be allowed to fight a fair fight, not a fight with their sticks and stones against helicopter gunships and accurate rockets and cluster bombs.

Idea on how to live together: Don't occupy other people.

If I occupied my neighbor's house for my own use, should they bake cookies for me rather than throw hard objects at my head? We'd live together so much better that way...with cookies. And let's not forget, the story only begins again whenever they start throwing things at me. Stupid neighbors. When will they ever learn.

• Like 1

Idea on how to live together: Don't occupy other people.

If I occupied my neighbor's house for my own use, should they bake cookies for me rather than throw hard objects at my head? We'd live together so much better that way...with cookies. And let's not forget, the story only begins again whenever they start throwing things at me. Stupid neighbors. When will they ever learn.

Good question. Here is the answer:

When we see our fellow human beings as creations of the Creative Energy Source, which has manifested all that is in existence,

and then change the negative parts of our human nature !

• Like 1

Their real goal might be to provoke enough, to give them an excuse to help secure those chemical weapons in Syria.

Someone needs to do it, and the sooner the better, as the Americans and Russians are taking their sweet time.

• Like 1

Their real goal might be to provoke enough, to give them an excuse to help secure those chemical weapons in Syria.

Someone needs to do it, and the sooner the better, as the Americans and Russians are taking their sweet time.

RW those WMD's were reported to be in the mixing stage preparing them for possible use yesterday. That seems to be why Hillary has been trotted out talking about red lines again. Also, news out of Jordan is that Hussein has been asked several times for "permission" to allow Israel to go ahead and bomb them in place. The idea behind them asking permission is the proximity to the Jordanian border and the chance of collateral effects.
  • Like 1

I think that the majority of people on this forum do not support Israel

I think you are spot on with that assessment. And while I DO support their right to exist it does not mean I support their every action in all circumstances. And reasonable people should be able to disagree reasonably.

I'm a firm supporter of Israel, but that doesn't mean I turn a blind eye. If they don't come up some new ideas for dealing with their neighbors, they could be the cause of a third world war, far worse than the second.

It's time for change, NOW. They must accept the fact that their existence is largely a creation of a political body without the authority to enforce ANYTHING.

When religion is blamed for the deaths of millions, then billions MORE will be at risk.

THIS IS THE FACE OF DEATH, if we're not careful.

• Like 1

Yup - because of some well played propaganda :whistle:

• Like 1

Well, Israel just destroid a mosque. I guess another appartment building will be built soon.

I read on Haaretz that it was a building used for prayer - not specifically sanctified as a mosque. Actually I think they are condemning and bulldozing some areas to use as public parks.

I read on Haaretz that it was a building used for prayer - not specifically sanctified as a mosque. Actually I think they are condemning and bulldozing some areas to use as public parks.

Well, if it was only a prayer building and as long as they are creating parks then I guess it´s OK. *rolls eyes*

It is impossible to support an illegitimate occupier - whatever their religious beliefs.

No amount of justification can make Israel the wronged party here.

These are the simple facts out of which everything else grows.

I blame the zionist' in the British Government for allowing Israel to exist in the first place. After that I blame the zionist terrorists for perpertrating a systematic program of ethnic cleansing ever since.

Allowing a nation who's very national foundational myth is based on systematic ethnic cleaning, to settle in the middle east, was bound to not end well. Israel has always operated with an underdog mentality of ruthless military expansionism - it is in their very soul.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest