Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baltic Anomaly Updates.

Hi all!

I just wondered if anyone else had been following the progress of the scientific expedition lead by Peter Lindberg and Dennis Asberg to get to the bottom of the mystery of the 200-foot wide unidentified object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. “Baltic Anomaly.” that was discovered last year by treasure hunters.

"“We don’t know whether it is a natural phenomenon, or an object,” Lindberg, captain of the Ocean Explorer, told FoxNews.com. “We saw it on sonar when we were searching for a wreck from World War I. This circular object just turned up on the monitor.”

http://tv.ibtimes.co...floor/1509.html

...Before the expedition known as The Ocean Explorer who's crew includes 13 researchers, including a sonar expert, and a camera crew from Swedish TV that will document the event. set off on the adventure Lindberg said he was in negotiations with Microsoft to see if the event could be carried live on the Internet, from the remote location in international waters via video streaming. But to my knowledge this didn't materialise...but for interested parties such as me , there is the website 'Ocean X Treme' which has been posting regular updates on the adventure....

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

and today at 2pm, this intriguing message was posted on the site...

"BREAKING NEWS 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week"

Cheers.

• Like 2

I do not think it is a alien craft because the divers have seen whatever it is and I think there might be some bigger wigs involved if that was the case. The media is pushing the UFO angle, and it quite well might be from space, the more mundane explanations list a meteorite as one possible. It will be more than interesting to see what is released next week from the team themselves on the above provided link. If it is a alien craft, I expect some amazing pictures would be released.

BREAKING NEWS 2pm,“The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week.”

I believe this is an image of the anomaly

baltic-ufo-drag-marks1.jpg

LINK

I think all one can do at this point is wait.

Edited by psyche101

Just saying it's "amazing" tells us nothing about what the thing actually is. I hate this type of approach...wish they'd just spill as to what it is.

• Like 3

Just saying it's "amazing" tells us nothing about what the thing actually is. I hate this type of approach...wish they'd just spill as to what it is.

I totally agree that this type of approach is nothing more than 'showbiz' Lilly!

And that as we all suspect, the anomaly will ultimately prove to be no more than a natural rock formation of some kind.

But I applaud the efforts of this expedition for being adventurous enough to at least do what they are supposed to do...and go and investigate a curiosity.

Besides...it's all interesting boys-own adventure stuff for guys like me! :whistle:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Looks like a bunch of stone slabs to me.

I would like to know what it is. Seems unusual for a formation like that to occur naturally.

Lets start a wagger on what it will become?

1. Natural & Earth made.

2. Alien unknown in nature.

3.Man made,but long forgotten.

4.Image goof or mistake in the scan.

5.Supernatural.

6.None of the above.

:yes::w00t::santa::blush::alien::whistle: Take your pick people THeres got to be a Great Prize waiting for you.

Can't help noticing in the first link they say the object is 60 foot wide. Where did the 200 foot wide come from?

I would go with natural or manmade. In my mind definitely NOT some type of extraterrestrial ship.

Looks Manmade To Me, Even Tho I'd Love It To Be Alien :)

1. Natural & Earth made.

5.Supernatural.

6.None of the above.

:yes::w00t::santa::blush::alien::whistle: Take your pick people THeres got to be a Great Prize waiting for you.

I'm going for #7: All of the above!

Ancient Alien Ghosts taught early man how to carve natural rock formations so that future sonar scans would make mistakes and show it to be something other than what it is...

Other than that I'm going with #1...

• Like 5

1. Natural & Earth made.

5.Supernatural.

6.None of the above.

I'm going for this.. lol

Even though they said it looks amazing or whatever. lol

Im going with natural or man made. Would be cool if I was wrong though.

ufosweden.jpg

Someone, call Han Solo!!

I think it was a baking of world record Oreo cookie that went really bad.

Whilst I'm not usually a skeptic, the site with all its UFO Youtube videos and its 'wait til next week' approach, seems like they're trying to drum up too much interest. I'd love it to be a UFO, but to be honest I'll bet we're all gonna be dissapointed by some natural rock formation.

Im going with natural or man made. Would be cool if I was wrong though.

ufosweden.jpg

Someone, call Han Solo!!

Wow didn't realise how much it looked like that before...

Would be hilerious if it was some rich guys attempt at creating the real thing. lol

Edited by Coffey

The more I look at the images the more I think its a strange natural formation. However, it could be an ancient man made site. If it turns out to be man made it would have to be very ancient wouldnt it? Was the Baltic ever not under water? It could be possible that it will be another site that shows possible evidence of "ancient aliens."

It could be possible that it will be another site that shows possible evidence of "ancient aliens."

I think you'd first have to find ONE site that shows possible evidence of ancient aliens.....

Damn this is exciting, but I hate the wait.

My guess is that it will end up being natural or possibly one of these:

ht_novgorod_russian_ship_wy_120201_wblog.jpg

ru_novgorod_model_frontal.jpg

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

So where is imagery of ACTUAL verified formations and undersea terrain shown against this sonar system's results? Most of these systems have known artefacts like overlaps (the stripey effect) and 'bumps' that are not actual terrain features. This type of 'sidescan' sonar system is particularly prone to such problems and 'crosstalk' issues from the two transducers used - there is evidence from the scan itself that it is a very poorly calibrated system. Other systems use single soundings to get spot readings, and the system then interpolates the intervening data, which can also result in odd looking shapes that simply aren't real.

The image enhancements shown here seem to be deliberately chosen to give a 3d effect - we have no error ranges, no comparative data, no test or control images to compare to.

That is all very UN-scientific. It all smells very fishy to me.