Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

any questions for Philip Morris?

Sakari

From another topic discussion had been made on if Philip Morris really sold Patterson the suit for the film.

I made contact with Philips family, and he tried to call me last night, I was at work.

My wife texted me " someone called about Bigfoot".....Was comical as she had no idea.

Anyway, he is calling me tonight, and I would like to know what questions people have.

I will need them before 5 PM pacific time...

• Like 2

Did he sell a gorilla suit to Patterson and tell him how to modify it?

Did he get proof of the sale, seeing that was his business, he must have accounted for it somewhere?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Wow Sak, that's awesome.

Other than the obvious question of who made the suit, I'd be really interested in his take on the whole "such a suit couldn't be made at that time" argument. While I think it has been thoroughly debunked, I'd like to hear his exact thoughts on the topic.

Can he prove and supply a link to anything he has to say?

Thanks, I will ask these, he will be calling anytime....

Was hoping for more feedback with all of the discussion about it....I guess people would rather speculate then get answers.

• Like 2

Thanks, I will ask these, he will be calling anytime....

Was hoping for more feedback with all of the discussion about it....I guess people would rather speculate then get answers.

It depends how busy the forum is on how much response you get and even then, answers to questions from just another individual doesn't suddenly resolve any issues.

Without solid proof, evidence... Philip Morris's answers are as believable as the man that witnesses a mermaid watching him cook a fish supper through his kitchen window.

It depends how busy the forum is on how much response you get and even then, answers to questions from just another individual doesn't suddenly resolve any issues.

Without solid proof, evidence... Philip Morris's answers are as believable as the man that witnesses a mermaid watching him cook a fish supper through his kitchen window.

Yes, I know.

Not to mention, even if he does give good answers, we will see " how do we know you really talked to him"

So, to answer ahead of time:

" why did you not email him and try to contact him and find out yourself"

:)

• Like 2

So, to answer ahead of time:

" why did you not email him and try to contact him and find out yourself"

:)

Because I don't care what he and anyone has to say.. I have my own beliefs but no proof to support them.

I just find it amusing that skeptics believe quickly when other skeptics or media reports, that are negative or claim to disprove the existence of any Crypto creature but when someone says the have seen one...

They want a body.

Because I don't care what he and anyone has to say..

Glad you posted that...

I will not ask him your question then....

My God...

• Like 2

Because I don't care what he and anyone has to say..

If you don't care why are you here, why bother posting? Truth is You do. You want to go "I can/see/feel/taste/smell/know/believe/think "this" and i don't want any one to disagree with me".

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Just got off the phone with Phillip.

Nice to hear a great story like this from the horses mouth, and was very ineteresting.

As for links, I will start googling.

Did he sell the suit to Patterson, yes.

Basically what he said is what he said before.

" I had a phone call from Patterson for a guerilla suit. He wanted me to send it, and if he liked it he would send me a check. I told him, no, you send a money order, I will send the suit. If you do not like it, we will discuss a refund "

Patterson called alter and asked how he could modify the suit, and Phillip told him.

Patterson never said what his plans were, and some time later the fil was on Tv and Phillip saw it, called his wife in, and said " look, our Guerilla suit".

He did not say anything publicly.

The suits he sold, same one, were used in a carnival show called " Galatia Illusion".....A woman transforms into a guerilla, people freaked out, and it drew a crowd.

Many of his customers are and were Magicians, and he kept a code of silence. this code is why he did not bring it up for years.

Anyway, he said if I am ever that way to call him so we can visit. I do not know why he talked to me, he said he usually does not do this, if he did, he would be doing thousands of calls a month for interviews and q and a's.....

Also, he is sending me a copy of a warrant for Pattersons arrest. The warrent is because Patterson rented the cheap camera and did not return it.

He said Patterson was a huge scam artist and con man.

I will post a copy of the warrant when I get it.

Great guy, glad he talked to me.

• Like 7

GorillaGirl.jpg

This banner marketed a Girl-To-Gorilla illusion, a show in which a young lady would seem to morph into a gorilla as you watched. This popular and mystifying illusion was invented in the 1800′s, originally consisting of a statue in the form of a ballerina; she would appear to come to life, leap from her pedestal, dance, and return to the pedestal and once again become a statue.

The modern version of a girl changing to a gorilla, was developed in the late 70′s and added a horror factor in which the “gorilla” would leap out into the audience, scaring on-lookers out of the tent. The audience’s exodus in panic was a built-in bally for the next show.

• Like 2

girltogorillabanner_fredjohnson_hideawayantiques.jpg?w=500&h=500

he Girl to Gorilla Illusion was one of the top-grossing grind shows on the carnival midway. Sadly, there are few if any working today. If you know of one, let us know! The last G2G that we saw was Jack Constantine’s and it was quite a few years ago. This vintage Girl to Gorilla banner signed by master banner painter Fred Johnson is being offered for sale by Toronto’s Hideaway Antiques. It gives an impressionistic idea of what to expect on the inside.

As the talker on the vintage clip shown below says, “You’re going to see a beautiful girl change before your eyes very slowly into an ugly male gorilla…From the top of her head to the tips of her toes you’ll see the hair grow. The Ape Girl. The Ape Girl. The Ape Girl. Anything can happen…” The illusion is done with mirrors but when the “gorilla” breaks out of the steel cage, the screaming audience runs out of the tent, attracting a crowd for the next show.

• Like 2

bigfootgorilla.jpg

girltogorillabanner_fredjohnson_hideawayantiques.jpg?w=500&h=500

this kinda looks like my last date!

(starting from the right)

sober.

after 5 beers.

after 10.

:-)

• Like 2

If you don't care why are you here, why bother posting? Truth is You do. You want to go "I can/see/feel/taste/smell/know/believe/think "this" and i don't want any one to disagree with me".

Truth is I don't.. Just interested.

Without any proof its just words.

Glad you posted that...

I will not ask him your question then....

My God...

No doubt whatever he has to say skeptics will believe his every word. edited to add:

Probably a good idea you didn't ask that then.. No point asking him to provide something kind of evidence is there.

Edited by xsas

No doubt whatever he has to say skeptics will believe his every word. edited to add:

Probably a good idea you didn't ask that then.. No point asking him to provide something kind of evidence is there.

Bitter are we?

I did ask about that, as I wanted to know.

Why do you keep posting if you do not care?.....Not that I care.

Bitter are we?

Obviously..

I did ask about that, as I wanted to know.

Why do you keep posting if you do not care?.....Not that I care.

I don't care about many topics I post in.. I just have an opinion.

I didn't realize you had to be really committed to something to be allowed to post.. :tu:

Did he mention anything about John Chambers or any of the other guys mentioned in the articles below?

In fact, for years it has been "generally known" in the Hollywood special effects makeup community that Academy Award® winning makeup artist John Chambers fabricated the suit in the Patterson Bigfoot film.

In 1967 Chambers created the makeup for Planet of the Apes, which was released in 1968. The Patterson film was allegedly shot on October 20, 1967

I next heard about Chambers making the Patterson Bigfoot Suit in 1995, from effects makeup artist Dave Kindlon. Dave was working with his wife Colleen on an animatronic cat for Disney's remake of That Darn Cat at the time.

http://www.strangema...chambers17.html

Rumors circulated that the creature seen in the Patterson-Gimlin film was a suit designed by movie special effects expert John Chambers, who designed the ape costumes seen in many of the original Planet of the Apes films, and was reportedly an acquaintance of Ray Wallace and Bob Gimlin.

http://monsterkidcla...=1#.UapI7ZwhMok

There are also rumours that Patterson rented the suit off Chambers.

Edited by freetoroam