Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evolution & the Biology of Psychic Phenomenen

Still Waters

In the modern world, the mystery of psychic phenomena seems to coexist alongside itself, straddling rather fractured grounds between doubt and believability. While science still remains unable to prove conclusively that certain individuals can see into the future or read the minds of others, there nonetheless seem to be instances where “proof” exists, supporting that these things can, and often do, occur.

http://mysteriousuni...hic-phenomenon/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• White Crane Feather

• Beany

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the modern world, the mystery of psychic phenomena seems to coexist alongside itself, straddling rather fractured grounds between doubt and believability. While science still remains unable to prove conclusively that certain individuals can see into the future or read the minds of others, there nonetheless seem to be instances where “proof” exists, supporting that these things can, and often do, occur.

Food for thought, sweet dreams, and all the cliché expressions come to mind here, but perhaps they are so standard for a reason; whether or not science can explain the peculiar nature of psychic phenomenon, it appears to be something innate to humanity, though more often misunderstood than recognized, even partially, for the curious role it may play in our progression as a species.

http://mysteriousuni...hic-phenomenon/

I agree. I think the future of humanity lyes in the deep places. If we are to ever transcend ourselves, we are going to have to understand the inner world.

I have always pondered the idea that dreaming might be a state of superposition for the mind. A cloud of all possibilities. If conciousness were rideing the waves of superposition who knows what could be possible. Time nor space are left as obstacles.

I think certain kinds of psychic phenomena are innate and genetically/biologically based, rather than "spiritually" based. There are individuals in all the generations of my family that have this characteristic, though there are differences in how it's perceived and used. The challenge for us is figuring out how to work with the kids so that they see it as a tool instead of something ooky-spooky, learn how to control and manipulate it, and are responsible about how they use it.