Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific Proof proving GOD has PERSONALITY.

Ely

This is HOPE: Scientific hope. (!)

Enter the scientific assertions & fulfilled scientific predictions (& the ones yet to be fulfilled) of the divine revelation the Urantia Papers (original name, not 'The Urantia Book', refer to (my friend) Ernest Moyer's work): Urantia reveals scientifically & spiritually etc. the PERSONALITY of GOD. (...)

Irrefutable, incontrovertible physical Proofs of the origin and history/historicity of the Urantia Revelation:

Now, there is one paper (11 pages) which was shared to me at Facebook which is entirely scientific with equations!!, entitled: "Similarities Between the Dirac-Inspired Planck Vacuum Theory and the Urantia-Book Papers' Concept of the Vacuum State", found at http://planckvacuum.com/

The Urantia Papers (UP) were not channeled and this was thoroughly documented by Ernest Moyer; Urantia doesn't create any religion but defines religion, it goes against fanaticism, institutionalized religion, superstitions, etc.

There are scattered places within the Urantia Papers (2097 pages, 197 Papers) where one learns about it itself (besides all its surrounding facts of how it was delivered to mankind and etc.), including its very first pages, but one of the most important ones is the following on page 1007:

(1007.4) 92:4.4 There have been many events of religious revelation but only five of epochal significance. These were as follows:

1.(...)

2.(...)

3.(...)

4.(...)

(1008.2) 92:4.9 5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia.

(Emphasis in the original.)

Now to the scientific knowledge of the UP, including its fulfilled scientific predictions:

Also, the contradictions & errors of the UP were thoroughly explained by Ernest, because there was channeling where the Devil had his hand on it. The UP were published in 1955 but "were completed and certified" in 1934-35.

Finally, the unseen UP authors/revelators don't claim to know everything but in many passages say statements like:

(55.5) 4:1.7 A being of my order is able to discover ultimate harmony and to detect far-reaching and profound co-ordination in the routine affairs of universe administration. Much that seems disjointed and haphazard to the mortal mind appears orderly and constructive to my understanding. But there is very much going on in the universes that I do not fully comprehend. I have long been a student of, and am more or less conversant with, the recognized forces, energies, minds, morontias, spirits, and personalities of the local universes and the superuniverses. I have a general understanding of how these agencies and personalities operate, and I am intimately familiar with the workings of the accredited spirit intelligences of the grand universe. Notwithstanding my knowledge of the phenomena of the universes, I am constantly confronted with cosmic reactions which I cannot fully fathom. I am continually encountering apparently fortuitous conspiracies of the interassociation of forces, energies, intellects, and spirits, which I cannot satisfactorily explain.

The very first words of the UP, state this: http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/foreword

Friends, one can even download for free the entire UP in many formats: http://www.urantia.org/brief-description-urantia-book/download-text-urantia-book

How are you seeing all of this, beckys_mom?!, congrats for the baby. :))) ;)

510918W15AL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

LuisMarco, 27, Mexico City

Edited by Paranoid Android
thread title edited by OP request ~ PA

Hey, maybe you should type origin of religion in google... there is no such thing as god.. As we evolved so did religion, our ancestors worshiped Sun as good God and Moon as Bad/Evil God. And so in early steps of our evolution we learned the word of religion... Once they burned Grain and food and other personal belongings as sacrifice/gifts for more prosperous year, now you give your money away to church. They do absolutly nothing except sell lies... This is what "religion" has come to!

• Like 5

I immediately regret wasting my time opening this thread.

Ditto. As soon as I read the word 'Urantia', I knew that it was a waste of time.

• Like 2

there is no such thing as god.. As we evolved so did religion, our ancestors worshiped Sun as good God and Moon as Bad/Evil God. And so in early steps of our evolution we learned the word of religion...
(1111.2) 101:5.12 Evolved religion rests wholly on faith. Revelation has the additional assurance of its expanded presentation of the truths of divinity and reality and the still more valuable testimony of the actual experience which accumulates in consequence of the practical working union of the faith of evolution and the truth of revelation. Such a working union of human faith and divine truth constitutes the possession of a character well on the road to the actual acquirement of a morontial personality.

(1111.3) 101:5.13 Evolutionary religion provides only the assurance of faith and the confirmation of conscience; revelatory religion provides the assurance of faith plus the truth of a living experience in the realities of revelation. The third step in religion, or the third phase of the experience of religion, has to do with the morontia state, the firmer grasp of mota. Increasingly in the morontia progression the truths of revealed religion are expanded; more and more you will know the truth of supreme values, divine goodnesses, universal relationships, eternal realities, and ultimate destinies.

LM

Specific Urantia Papers on Science, noticing among other points that the Urantia revelators give exact days for the dates given by themselves (example: (1524.1) 137:0.1 EARLY on Saturday morning, February 23, A.D. 26, Jesus came down from the hills to rejoin John’s company encamped at Pella. All that day Jesus mingled with the multitude. He ministered to a lad who had injured himself in a fall and journeyed to the near-by village of Pella to deliver the boy safely into the hands of his parents.), which is pretty astounding for at least its time (before 1934-1955) & for scientists, researchers etc.

Paper 11 - The Eternal Isle of Paradise (includes Space Respiration phenomenon)

Paper 12 - The Universe of Universes

Paper 14 - The Central and Divine Universe

Paper 15 - The Seven Superuniverses

Paper 29 - The Universe Power Directors

Paper 32 - The Evolution of Local Universes

Paper 33 - Administration of the Local Universe

Paper 36 - The Life Carriers

Paper 41 - Physical Aspects of the Local Universe

Paper 42 - Energy- Mind and Matter

Paper 46 - The Local System Headquarters

Paper 49 - The Inhabited Worlds

Paper 55 - The Spheres of Light and Life

Paper 56 - Universal Unity

Paper 57 - The Origin of Urantia

Paper 58 - Life Establishment on Urantia

Paper 59 - The Marine-Life Era on Urantia

Paper 60 - Urantia During the Early Land-Life Era

Paper 61 - The Mammalian Era on Urantia

Paper 62 - The Dawn Races of Early Man

Paper 63 - The First Human Family

Paper 64 - The Evolutionary Races of Color

Paper 65 - The Overcontrol of Evolution

Paper 73 - The Garden of Eden

Paper 74 - Adam and Eve

Paper 105 - Deity and Reality

Paper 106 - The Universe Levels of Reality

Paper 115 - The Supreme Being

Paper 116 - The Almighty Supreme

Paper 117 - God the Supreme

Paper 118 - Supreme and Ultimate - Time and Space

Paper 187 - The Crucifixion

Paper 188 - The Time of the Tomb

Paper 189 - The Resurrection

What is the point of this nonsense?

I see no scientific proof of anything here.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

The title is misleading, when I read "scientific proof that god IS personality" I thought of some Jungian approach to archetypes. This Urantian mumbo jumbo is something else.

Hmmmm

It originated in Chicago, Illinois, sometime between 1924 and 1955. Its authorship remains a matter of speculation.[2]

The authors introduce the word "Urantia" as the name of the planet Earth and state that their intent is to "present enlarged concepts and advanced truth" in an "endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception." Among other topics, the book expounds on the origin and meaning of life, humankind's place in the universe, the relationship between God and people, and the life of Jesus

:rolleyes:

Yes, the Topic is something like Jungian (if that's indeed accurate), so i request formally to the admins to change my Topic to 'Scientific Proofs proving GOD has PERSONALITY', without the dot(.), although i would leave the dot simply because all this is REALITY.

And since it has been posted the general content of Urantia & the quote of its very beginning, i now quote it fully & also:

Foreword

(1.1) 0:0.1 IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia — that being the name of your world — there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.

(1.2) 0:0.2 It is exceedingly difficult to present enlarged concepts and advanced truth, in our endeavor to expand cosmic consciousness and enhance spiritual perception, when we are restricted to the use of a circumscribed language of the realm. But our mandate admonishes us to make every effort to convey our meanings by using the word symbols of the English tongue. We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning.

(1.3) 0:0.3 In the hope of facilitating comprehension and of preventing confusion on the part of every mortal who may peruse these papers, we deem it wise to present in this initial statement an outline of the meanings to be attached to numerous English words which are to be employed in designation of Deity and certain associated concepts of the things, meanings, and values of universal reality.

(1.4) 0:0.4 But in order to formulate this Foreword of definitions and limitations of terminology, it is necessary to anticipate the usage of these terms in the subsequent presentations. This Foreword is not, therefore, a finished statement within itself; it is only a definitive guide designed to assist those who shall read the accompanying papers dealing with Deity and the universe of universes which have been formulated by an Orvonton commission sent to Urantia for this purpose.

(1.5) 0:0.5 Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection — the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.

(1.6) 0:0.6 The seven evolving superuniverses in association with the central and divine universe, we commonly refer to as the grand universe; these are the now organized and inhabited creations. They are all a part of the master universe, which also embraces the uninhabited but mobilizing universes of outer space.

I. Deity and Divinity

(2.1) 0:1.1 The universe of universes presents phenomena of deity activities on diverse levels of cosmic realities, mind meanings, and spirit values, but all of these ministrations — personal or otherwise — are divinely co-ordinated.

(...)

(emphasis in the original.)

PART I.

The Central And Superuniverses

Sponsored by a Uversa Corps of Superuniverse Personalities acting by authority of the Orvonton Ancients of Days

PART II.

The Local Universe

Sponsored by a Nebadon Corps of Local Universe Personalities acting by authority of Gabriel of Salvington

PART III.

The History Of Urantia

These papers were sponsored by a Corps of Local Universe Personalities acting by authority of Gabriel of Salvington

PART IV.

The Life And Teachings Of Jesus

This group of papers was sponsored by a commission of twelve Urantia midwayers acting under the supervision of a Melchizedek revelatory director.

The basis of this narrative was supplied by a secondary midwayer who was onetime assigned to the superhuman watchcare of the Apostle Andrew.

Edited by CSLewis

Science doesn't address god.

/thread.

• Like 2

could you just put the link, i searched for that thread but found it not..

Science doesn't address god.

/thread.

Of course it does. God is All, remember? Looking for objective truth, no matter the context, will always end with a greater understanding of God. I just wonder how many of the dismissive posters in this thread actually have a complete idea of what they're dismissing.

• Like 1

Of course it does. God is All, remember? Looking for objective truth, no matter the context, will always end with a greater understanding of God. I just wonder how many of the dismissive posters in this thread actually have a complete idea of what they're dismissing.

Science can only explain the things that naturally happen, things that can be measured and observed... As God and the miracles are said to be supernatural.. then science obviously cannot prove the supernatural...only the natural

In order for science to prove God, & the miracles, then God and the miracles would have to jump from being the supernatural to - NATURAL ...This would then automatically disqualify God and the miracles from being - supernatural and it would remove his divine status... I thought people would know this or at least understood it

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Science can only explain the things that naturally happen, things that can be measured and observed... As God and the miracles are said to be supernatural.. then science obviously cannot prove the supernatural...only the natural

In order for science to prove God, & the miracles, then God and the miracles would have to jump from being the supernatural to - NATURAL ...This would then automatically disqualify God and the miracles from being - supernatural and it would remove his divine status... I thought people would know this or at least understood it

However, don't you think Supernatural events are simply natural things that we can't prove with science yet? :devil:

• Like 3

And I thought people would understand the definition of infinity. You might say that God and nature are two separate things, but that doesn't mean I say it, and it certainly doesn't make it true. If you think of God as completely separate from creation, it seems to me you might not have a clear understanding of what God actually entails.

And am I wrong here or has science not always been fueled by the desire to explain the seemingly supernatural? Actually, I think it'd be fair to say that on some level that's what lies at the heart of all scientific pursuit.

Edited by Godsnmbr1
  • Like 1

God by definition is a deity, science doesn't bother with the existence or actions of such unverifiable entities.

God by definition is a deity, science doesn't bother with the existence or actions of such unverifiable entities.

Whose definition? Certainly not mine. There's quite a difference between a god and God. God, by definition, has no definition.

Whose definition? Certainly not mine. There's quite a difference between a god and God. God, by definition, has no definition.

Yeah, no definition :rolleyes:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/god

I wonder which man wrote those.

You honestly don't see how ridiculous it is for a human being to try to define God? How humorous it is to link to dictionary.com as evidence? Maybe arrogance would be the more appropriate word...

However, don't you think Supernatural events are simply natural things that we can't prove with science yet? :devil:

Absolutely I agree... As it stands at the min we don't understand it, it remains supernatural, like it always has been

IF science did manage to prove Gods existence.. .this will completely strip God of his DIVINE status and all that goes with it...

..It wont have the special meaning as it once did to believers, it therefore becomes something natural,.

.. It will loose all that spiritually contacted with believers...It will loose it's special meaning... all that made it stand out will be gone.... we would all just view it as we would any other natural thing ..

..This wont happen over night, in in due time the more people accept the facts that science gave ... it will loose all meaning like it once had

So, question therefore should be...is it worth trying to scientifically prove God ? .......... Even though Science does not care to bother with the supernatural... and rightly so..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It's so nice to see how persistent deists/theists are with making unfounded opinions into fact and considering their own definitions reasonable. There is no difference between a god and God. It's like saying there is a difference between that of your dog who is called Dog and other dogs. God(s) do have a definition. Your incapability to define something doesn't make something indefinable by default.

Quoting scripture and ancient opaque texts of unknown origins does not quantify as evidence, nor does it prove the existence of any deity. Science does not confirm nor deny the existence of god(s) simply because it's completely irrelevant to how science works.

As to the OP, there is nothing remotely scientific about any of the content. It's completely biased, opinionated, and presumptuous.

• Like 1

You honestly don't see how ridiculous it is for a human being to try to define God? How humorous it is to link to dictionary.com as evidence? Maybe arrogance would be the more appropriate word...

God is a word, humans invented it. What you're suggesting is asinine.

Would you rather use words that have no definition? How the hell would anyone know what you're talking about?

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

It's so nice to see how persistent deists/theists are with making unfounded opinions into fact and considering their own definitions reasonable. There is no difference between a god and God. It's like saying there is a difference between that of your dog who is called Dog and other dogs. God(s) do have a definition. Your incapability to define something doesn't make something indefinable by default.

Quoting scripture and ancient opaque texts of unknown origins does not quantify as evidence, nor does it prove the existence of any deity. Science does not confirm nor deny the existence of god(s) simply because it's completely irrelevant to how science works.

As to the OP, there is nothing remotely scientific about any of the content. It's completely biased, opinionated, and presumptuous.

You think of God as a title, or just a name. A status or a category. I can understand this because I used to think that way as well. Then I realized my mistake. You will too, someday. If you want to.

Edit: As for your example, do you really not see the difference between Dog and a dog? It's not comparable to the difference between God and a god, but it's there nonetheless.

Edited by Godsnmbr1

• The topic was locked