Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

help: any suggestions on a good spirit box?

caseychrap

Hey guys, so i have always been interested in furthering my interest in the paranormal to a little paranormal investigation!

Does anyone know of, or can anyone recommend a good, cheap EVP detector or Spirit Box for beginners?

I'm not looking to spend too much, just do a little investigating around my home in which i have been experiencing paranormal experiences and phenomenon for years! Thanks for anyone who can help!

I don't know about cheap,but on ghost village ,you can find info on buying equipment . I think eBay and Amazon might also sell them .

Hey guys, so i have always been interested in furthering my interest in the paranormal to a little paranormal investigation!

Does anyone know of, or can anyone recommend a good, cheap EVP detector or Spirit Box for beginners?

I'm not looking to spend too much, just do a little investigating around my home in which i have been experiencing paranormal experiences and phenomenon for years! Thanks for anyone who can help!

I would imagine you could find a cardboard box, and write "spirit candy 4 free" on it and catch as many real ghosts as you will find evidence for with an expensive spirit box purchased online. Have fun!

Have you done any research on the design or functionality of the "spirit box". To explain it's design, it's a radio that automatically switches signals and radio station and even cell conversations randomly . that is why people hear fragment words. The theory of ghost using the device to pick stations to give answers is flawed since if spirits have that power why can't they use a tv or a computer or a pen and paper?

research before you buy.

• Like 1

It's been reported and experimented with over the years. Even before it became a fad in ghost hunting. A number of devises have been used from radios, TVs to computers. Using these methods are known as ITCs. I found you have to use contol words and phrases.

I'm going to guess all of your experiences have been audio in nature? If you want to pick up EVP's pretty much any audio recorder can help you with that.

Ya control words are hugely important start with some simple ones and work way up to popular ones like "peanutbutter."

But seriously, before wasting any money do some basic research on the "research" even with a faraday cage, you won't have an environment that weeds out enough "interference" since...what your main goal is, will be getting some interference to chain together and make something semi-intelligible sounding.

Edited by CakeOrDeath