Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coal could catch oil in 10 years

Still Waters

The International Energy Agency (IEA) says that coal will catch up with oil as the world's leading energy source by 2022.

In a report, the Agency says that increased demand from India and China are fuelling the push.

Natural gas offers the best hope of reducing carbon emissions in the short term the report concludes.

It comes as the European Union acknowledged that it has been unable to fund a single project to capture and store CO2.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-20770245

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• Still Waters

• Ashotep

• freetoroam

Natural gas may offer the best hope of reducing carbon emissions but that fracking will destroy the water supply.

We used to have coal in England...now we get it from abroad.

We have massive coal deposits here, but we can't mine and sell it because china will burn it!!

Like they aren't going to find other sorces of coal...

We used to mine coal in England until Thatcher used the miners strike to break the power of the unions.

Since then it has never been cost effective to pay the high wages that dangerous jobs dictate in the UK, so we buy it from Russia/Poland where they can mine it in huge open cast mines at minimal cost.

It seems there will never be a time when it is cost effective to access those huge deposits of native coal - especially when Wind and Wave start to undercut the cost of all fossil fuels.

Br Cornelius

• 2 weeks later...