Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First privatly built manned space flight

Fenris

If successful this could mean space maybe affordable for none millionairs within our lifetime!

BBC Report link

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fenris

• Erikl

• AztecInca

• BurnSide

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's a relief, i thought i'd never get there!

Its one step in the right direction at least, but we need to privatise space exploration very soon otherwise we will never get anywhere.

I would pay anything to go into space. What an experience it would be. better start saving though. thumbsup.gif

Well here's hoping Mike Melvil has a good, successful and safe flight later today original.gif

BBC24 are covering it so I'll post when they report how it went.

Yay, Spaceship one is back safely one the ground, now we are just waiting conformation of the altitude he reached but it seems like it was a successful testflight and they should go for the X prize later this year original.gif

That's one small step into space, but, a giant leap to the entire space industry! wink2.gif

Congruts! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Erikl

That's one small step into space, but, a giant leap to the entire space industry! wink2.gif

Yep, thats what the X prize is designed to encourage.

Todays test was just one man.... to win the prize the privately funded craft must carry three out of the earths atmosphere (62 miles altitude) twice within two weeks... Within a decade I'd expect the price of a trip into space to be in the 10's of thousands rather than the millions that it currently costs. cool.gif