Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BEK's

Tr14n913

hello everyone, i was recently looking around the Internet for weird stuff until i stumbled on something:

Black Eyed Kids

they seem to be kids with totally black eyes, people who encountered them say that there eyes mimic emptiness and they get the feeling of unexplained terror and fright when they look in the kid's eyes

the kids seem to come in numbers to a lone driver in his car and they ask if they can come in and that they are lost

they also seem to come in a mature form, asking for your phone if they can use it.

here is the link to the whole story: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/04/black-eyed-kids-insidious-threat-or-myth-in-the-making/

what do you guys think, i don't know what to think about it, can't say if is fake or plausible

thanks, cata

• Like 1

Black Eyed Kids were created by Texas reporter Brian Bendis in 1998 on Usenet's alt.folklore.ghost-stories.

It was creepypasta before there was creppypasta.

Nothing more than an internet scary story that became an urban legend, i.e. Slenderman, smiledog.jpg, etc.

Fortunately not much "thinking" needs to be spent on this story.

Whenever I see wierd stuff like this I research for the "fake" behind it, sort of like Scientology and Ron Hubbard.

I believe in ghosts after seeing one but I don't give much credit to these stories.

Who are the BEKs?

The Devil comes in many forms,

often in forms appearing to be harmless creatures,

it is part of the lure....

bunny.JPG

A BEK bunny - don't let the fluff and fur fool you, look at the eyes....

this all could be a hoax like slender guy but it still keeps my attention on it.....

i would bash their face in if i had the chance and see the outcome, since they don't react like normal people

this all could be a hoax like slender guy but it still keeps my attention on it.....

i would bash their face in if i had the chance and see the outcome, since they don't react like normal people

It is a hoax. It was started by a story a guy wrote in '98.

It seems a little uninspired and lacking as an urban legend set of creatures, you could say beware The Crimson Eyed Old Hags that descend from streetlamps if you look outside of your bedroom window between 3am and 4am and it'd be much creepier!

It seems a little uninspired and lacking as an urban legend set of creatures, you could say beware The Crimson Eyed Old Hags that descend from streetlamps if you look outside of your bedroom window between 3am and 4am and it'd be much creepier!

I dunno theres something awfully creepy about children with black eyes coming up to you asking for a ride, or to use your phone. and showing utterly no emotion at all.

Black Eyed Kids were created by Texas reporter Brian Bendis in 1998 on Usenet's alt.folklore.ghost-stories.

Nothing more than an internet scary story that became an urban legend, i.e. Slenderman, smiledog.jpg, etc.

Never heard of Smiledog

Of course it sounds creepy, I certainly would rather avoid such an encounter! Though it just reminds me of that weird kid off The Grudge :D I'd find it creepier if it was kids with a big hook for a hand that stood beside your bed or something lol.

• Like 1

Just did a quick Google check and you can get the contact lenses for less than $20.

So the next time someone counters your explanation with "those things cost hundreds of dollars. kids can't buy them" you now know what to say.

Of course it sounds creepy, I certainly would rather avoid such an encounter! Though it just reminds me of that weird kid off The Grudge :D I'd find it creepier if it was kids with a big hook for a hand that stood beside your bed or something lol.

Fish hooks like the fisherman's "I know what you did last summer" type of image?

fish+hook+man.jpg

it LOOKS like the guy in the bruce lee movie even darth vader...oee

MAYBE these BEK's are fishing for souls....???

• 2 weeks later...

Who are the BEKs?

The Devil comes in many forms,

often in forms appearing to be harmless creatures,

it is part of the lure....

bunny.JPG

A BEK bunny - don't let the fluff and fur fool you, look at the eyes....

I just needed to say.. That is one of the cutest bunnies ever!

As far as BEKs go, I think what is so frightening to so many is just how unnatural it seems. The whole "the eyes are the windows to the soul" idea, so black eyes = no soul, no soul = unholy/menacing. From all of the supposed accounts I've read, and I've really read more than I can count at this point, no one has ever just said to one of them, "Dude, what's your deal? You planning on trying to kill me or what? And, what exactly ARE you? Would you like a hot pocket and a frosty beverage while you explain?" IF these accounts are real (I doubt that these folks have had encounters and I believe that they just want to spin a yarn.. or most of them, anyway), I get that they're "scared", but c'mon, these "encounters" seem to last at least long enough for someone to recover his or her faculties, once they are through peeing themselves. I don't believe in them, but they are definitely fun to ponder. Brian Bethel would probably be uber surprised and/or happy to see versions of his initial creation not only still around, but increasing in number. Or maybe he does know, and the spreading of the legend pleases and/or amuses him. I bet he wishes he had put his creativity to better use and just wrote a novel. He'd be more successful and a darn sight richer. BTW, Brian Bethel is still alive and well and apparently he has a blog for anyone interested. However, he hasn't published any new entries recently. There is a rather in depth posting titled A bit about ... me And if you read that, you'll see how his interests may have given birth to BEKs. Check it out here: http://brianbethel.com/

Speaking of BEK's... Coast to coast AM recently done a show about them.

I've encountered one before, so I know they exist. It's not a nice experience.

And to anyone who thinks I'm saying this for fun and giggles, I live for the truth. My way of life means staying true to God and to myself in all things. Once you become a true Christian, you turn away from a life of deceit and lies, living instead a life of righteousness and truth.

Ever hear of an 8-ball fracture; also know as Hyphema?

Hyphema_-_occupying_half_of_anterior_chamber_of_eye.jpg

it's when someone get's a wack to the noggin and their eyes fill with blood or other liquid which gives the appearance of black eyes, it's pretty cool but I take it it'd be uncomfortable.

Really? I didn't know that. I tried googling him but got nothing relevant. But that's pretty interesting. :)

Anyways, I honestly believe this to be nothing more than an urban legend.

Here are some full-eye black contact lenses people can buy. They are a bit expensive though.

http://www.squidoo.com/Pitch_Black_Contact_Lens

http://extremesfx.com/black-sclera.html

Really? I didn't know that. I tried googling him but got nothing relevant. But that's pretty interesting. :)

Anyways, I honestly believe this to be nothing more than an urban legend.

Here are some full-eye black contact lenses people can buy. They are a bit expensive though.

http://www.squidoo.c...ck_Contact_Lens

http://extremesfx.co...ack-sclera.html

It's Brian Bethel. I don't know why I wrote Bendis. :hmm:

It's Brian Bethel. I don't know why I wrote Bendis. :hmm:

Ah, okay. Now I'm getting results.

Ever hear of an 8-ball fracture; also know as Hyphema?

*snip*

it's when someone get's a wack to the noggin and their eyes fill with blood or other liquid which gives the appearance of black eyes, it's pretty cool but I take it it'd be uncomfortable.

Interesting...

With the person I saw, you could see the whites of his eyes but only just around the edges. To give an accurate description, It looked as though his pupils had grown over his iris', leaving the whites only partially visible, and most of his eyes black.

This person was the equivalent of what some refer to as a chav. And unless he stole the money and found a computer, I doubt he could've afforded state-of-the-art contact lenses.

Do they ship them oversea's?

And if so, why did he choose to wear them every single time he went outside?

How long do contact lenses last before you need a new pair?

If these are around £200-300 per contact, he'd need several hundred pound for the 7 or so times I saw him. He'd have to rob a bank just to afford it.

Not to mention, they're not sold in England. Not 'Hollywood-grade' contacts.

Peace and take care.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Insaniac

This topic always makes me smile. My kids have very dark eyes that appear pitch black in the right conditions.

How could you be scared by this?post-79582-0-53995400-1355080665_thumb.j

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

This topic always makes me smile. My kids have very dark eyes that appear pitch black in the right conditions.

How could you be scared by this?post-79582-0-53995400-1355080665_thumb.j

He looks happy, which suggests he's living a good life. ^^

However, you can clearly see that your child doesn't have whole black eyes. The shading helps cover them abit.

I saw this black eyed person in broad daylight several times, only seeing him indoors twice. I saw him twice at my school but mostly outdoors. I think he'd been moved to my school for misbehaving at his previous school. I never saw him in class, just twice in the hallways.

My guess is he's a normal person with some kind of genetic defect, but he always brings feelings of fear or dread. It's like he just glances at you, and you feel threatened. Theres never been an instance where I haven't felt fear or loathing when he was out and about.

Edit: Spelt 'clearly' incorrectly.

Edited by Insaniac
  • Like 1

I believe different entities exist from various realms (for want of a better word) that we aren't attuned to but the Black Eyed Kids concept, I just see very little value/significance in kids (or something disguised as a child?) with black eyes appearing, why would they have black eyes and nothing else of note in their repertoire? Seems like some quickly baked tale from around a campfire. That's not saying folks haven't encountered another kind of being before and attached it to this legend.

Edited by DancingCorpse