Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow People

whiskeytree

I've experienced the paranormal for most of my life and have had my share of crazy moments. Me and my brother shared this burden. There has been one incident that changed my perspective on everything I've seen but have never heard of anyone with a similar story.

Back in late 2005, my brother and I had made contact with three shadow beings while we were in my apartment living room (not intentionally). This wouldn't have been any different from any other events, but what made this special was the fact that I was the attacker. We had been sitting in the dark having a conversation like we use to on many occasions. After an hour or two, my brother had began to feel a weight from behind. This weight began to take form into a figure leaning from behind over his shoulder. My brother was sitting in front of me and it took me a few seconds for me to see this manifestation after he mentioned this feeling. This wasn't the strangest thing we've seen, and because he was curious he asked me to keep still because he wanted to know what it would do. Minutes later two others appeared on each side of both of us looking down at him while this first figure began to slowly drain him of energy. We both were in disbelief - we've seen many things but this was our first direct encounter with shadow people. We both exchanged comments about how incredible this was, but as quickly as all this happened, it began to go downhill, my brother felt his energy being drained too quickly. He got scared and asked for help - without thinking I quickly got up and went up to it not knowing what I'd do next.

I can't describe what I was thinking at that moment or what I thought would happen, but I laid my hands on this thing over his shoulder and "grabbed" is the best word I can use for this. My hands went cold and completely numb, but I managed to at least pull it away from him. I have to believe that these things weren't expecting it, but they left fast. All that was left were these dark patches on him, and they were all over the floor. This is hard to describe but these patches were like shadowy static - fuzzy. We turned on the lights and we could hardly make them out, but as soon as we shut the light off, we can see them clearly. I noticed after that they were on my arm - these stayed around us for a good while until they disappeared.

At the time we weren't too educated on the paranormal, most of the things we've experienced we kept to ourselves or close friends. We didn't know shadow people were a phenomenon. This event had a direct influence later. It was kind of like a lightbulb went off, having attacked this thing meant I could defend myself in an effective manner. With the death of my brother years later, I could not bare facing the paranormal alone, I eventually put all my efforts into avoiding this part of my life. But this did leave me curious, and as much as I hate to bring up the past nowadays I have to ask.

Has anyone been through something like this? We can't all be victims to attacks can we?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• othellokiir

• Stubbly_Dooright

• Hammerclaw

• whiskeytree

yeah. I have

there was a black thing swimming above my bed. I got annoyed one night laying awake and i grabbed it. feels like magnets, trying to press 2 negative sides together and they push away, kinda? It freaked out and disappeared after that. wasn't the first thing i 'fought' off but it was the first one I grabbed.

"Not in spaces known to us, but between them, they walk calm and primal, of no dimension and to us, unseen."

I never have had any experiences dealing with shadows or such. Sorry. I hear about them a lot, and wonder are they just another part of how apparitions manifest.