Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

TELEPATHY. The extraterestials case.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Where do you get this stuff!? :wacko:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#17    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostHazzard, on 22 January 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Where do you get this stuff!? :wacko:

Umm.. Isn't it apparent? This is the birthchild of all the Paranormal Television shows. What we're seeing here is the younger generation that grew up watching all these shows, starting at 5 years old, are now old enough to be on these forums. I fear the craziest of crazy theories will be slamming us with all these new kids signing on, and they will NOT accept fact over fiction...

Edited by ColoradoParanormal, 22 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#18    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I blame the education system. And the parents. :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#19    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Good post Daniel111.

What is described as telepathy is used often is both alien abduction and close encounter cases. Is this a true form of telepathy or just a more advanced form of communication? I tend to favor the latter because aliens are observed conversing, using guttural type speech sometimes.

#20    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 26 January 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Good post Daniel111.

What is described as telepathy is used often is both alien abduction and close encounter cases. Is this a true form of telepathy or just a more advanced form of communication? I tend to favor the latter because aliens are observed conversing, using guttural type speech sometimes.

Posted Image

#21    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

This is my opinion on the subject:

So that, I believe, is the only reasonable conclusion one can reach regarding this subject.

And my apologies to those who cannot read a telepathic post.

#22    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,308 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

In order for me to accept ET telepathic communication I need:

1) Evidence that telepathy exists.

2) Evidence that ET exists.

After which I'll consider the proposition. Until then, not so much.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#23    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Re-posted for those who are not telepathically inclined. ;)

This is my opinion on the subject:

I will not go into the debate of whether or not aliens exist, since that is being addressed so eloquently by others on different threads.

First off, there is no physical model concerning the brain to explain telepathy. The impulses that form thoughts in the brain travel through a network of neurons. Basically, a neuron communicates by creating an electrical pulse which triggers a chemical response in the adjoining neuron. The information travels through a physical biological medium (synapses); in other words, it's all hard-wired. So there are no brain-waves being "transmitted" (the operative word) from within our skulls, nor are there receivers located in the brain to pick up any stray brain-waves even if they did exist.

Also, there are no brain-waves created by the human brain that correlate specifically to individual thoughts and/or ideas. The brain-waves that are created (Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta) indicate at what energy level the brain is functioning at. They DO NOT show what a person is thinking or feeling (trust me, I've been through enough EEG's to know this).

The biggest failure of the claim of ET using telepathy to communicate with humans is the fact that, even if ET had evolved to use some form of transmitted electrical impulse thought transference, humans would not be able to decipher their communication (assuming it were possible to pick-up such transmissions in the first place). The ET brain-wave would require convoluted modulation (coding) which would be much more complex than simple speech. (As an example, try reading an entire paragraph composed in simple binary). Simply put, the human brain is not constructed to receive or decipher any form of brain-wave transmissions.

Something else I was discussing with a friend is the claim that humans may be able to send telepathic communications between themselves. She brought up the stories (most often involving a parent/child relationship) of one person receiving a sudden thought or feeling regarding another person who is some distance away (up to several hundred miles in most stories). The first person calls the second person, only to discover that that person has died, suffered an accident or an attack of a sudden illness (heart attack, etc.). At first glance, it seems as though the second person's experience was instantaneously transferred to the first, breaking the rules concerning relativistic speeds.

But closer examination of such cases reveals some telling discrepancies and inconsistencies that makes such claims seem not as special as first told. The most glaring fault with the reports of this kind is that no evidence has ever been presented to verify that the times of both the accident/illness and the supposed telepathic transfer was in perfect sync (see example below).

Furthermore, these types of cases almost exclusively involve two people who are intimate or related to each other, indicating that there is a preconception or foreknowledge of the individuals physical health or psychological/emotional state (regarding death/illness in the first instance, and anxiety/fear of a journey or occupation in the second). Put another way, the so-called "telepathic receiver" already has an idea as to what to expect when first contacting the second person. One story from the mid-eighties' went as follows:

"Marsha M. was returning home from shopping for groceries when she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her back. The first though she had was of her father, Dean. She immediately got on the phone and called her parents, who lived two-hundred and fifty miles away. She was shocked to discover that her father had slipped off a ladder while working on the gutters and had fallen two stories; dying from the spinal injuries he received."

This story was not exactly a complete hoax, but nor was it proof of telepathy as first claimed. The woman's father was a retiree in his late-sixties suffering from advanced arthritis who insisted on doing potentially dangers yard work himself (he had experienced a similar fall from a ladder the year before while trimming branches from a tree, but had not suffered any serious injuries). Marsha had spoken with her father two days prior to the incident, yet in retelling her story, she insisted that she had not spoken to him for several months (her mother said that Marsha had warned Dean not to do any dangerous yard work during that conversation, but later recanted her statement). Marsha herself had complained of back pain for years, and since she had just finished loading a car full of groceries, the pain she felt could easily be explained by the stress she had put on her back.

Most damning of all, however, was the time involving the phone call. Dean had been taken to hospital in an ambulance and pronounced dead at the scene around ten-thirty AM. Phone records show that Marsha didn't make her call until just after four PM, a discrepancy of nearly six hours.

This is just one example of perhaps thousands, but the points remain:

1) There is no verifiable proof/evidence that has been submitted to support telepathy.
2) There are usually mundane facts to explain those otherwise extraordinary claims.

No, there is no physical model to explain telepathy. It'll have to remain as a subject for science fiction (and abductee claims).

So that, I believe, is the only reasonable conclusion one can reach regarding this subject.

#24    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostHazzard, on 26 January 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nonsense. What is described as telepathy is in a lot of close encounter and alien abduction caees. Stupidity is not knowing much about the phenomenon. Get a f' ing clue.

#25    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Another 10, 000 post member who is clueless and has to trash threads with cute images that's not constructive. Immature dimwits.

#26    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

the  real  problem  is ,  people  will  beleive  nearly  anything .  
telepathy is  not  what  we  think  it  is ,  but  it  is  also not  likly  going  to  violate  nature  or  natural  laws .

the  simplest  answer  (  all  things  being  equal)   is  most  likly  the  truth .

the current  model of the  chemical  nature  of  the  brain  does not  allow  for  memory as  we  see  it  happen,  but  memory  is  real and  functions  much  better  , and  in  ways  not  fully  understood  .
we  beleive  we  understand  , but  what  the  collective  understands is  ,   increases  every  day .

one  thing  is  very  clear ,  if  radio signals  were  being  sent  and  received by  the   mind  or  by  the  brain ,  why  are  we  not  hearing  top 40  songs  in  our moments  of  greatest  stress  .
even  if  this  were  true ,  we humans  who  build  our  own  radios ,can  not  get  the  radios  we  have  to  work  on  a common standard , speak  a common  language .    what  hope  would  E.T.  have  ...  even if  there  is  some  fundimental  simplicity  of  cosmic  law  of  awareness ,  would  it  not  sing  a voice  of  normal  joy  currently  ?
we  can  say  we  do  not  understand...   but  there  is  alot  we  do  understand ,  and  all  things  being  equal some  things  are  more  unlikly  than  others ...

to  reach  for  the  stars ,  you  need  very  long  arms  or   have  a telescope .

#27    Pssst

Pssst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how aliens (who hypothetically do not have sex organs) are mastur...ing.  Posted Image

Edited by Pssst, 27 January 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#28    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,113 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm starting ignore any post by anyone who has 1 star & only a couple of posts because 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be utter crap like this one.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#29    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

exsample :   ....  (  this  is  an  exsample ,  do  not  freak  out  and  cry blasphemy ! )  ...  this  is  only  an  exsample !
gun  control  is  all about taking  guns  out  of  the  hands of  the  homeless , to  make  the  people  in  gated  communitys  feel  safe
from  the  people  who  have  nothing  to lose ,  and  can  have  anything  taken  with out  any  hope  its  return , at  any  moment .

those  who  need  a gun  most  and  are  most  likly  to  use  it honestly in  defence  of  their  own  life  or  the  life  of  another ,  are  the  most  likly  people  who  will  first  be  disarmed , and  the  courts  are  the  greatest  injustice .

this  is  an  exsample  !....   only  an  exsample !

logical  thinking can  only  happen   when  details  are not  the  only  thing  that  is  seen ...  where  what  ever  concept  you  have  is  ignored ...  and  type face  ,  punctuation   and  word  use ...   because  the  concept may  accidentaly  be  addressed .

let  us  all  send  our  ideas  to  a review  committee ,  to  be  vetted  ,  for  content  and  form ,  for  publication  in  the  next  journal  ...

#30    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,615 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostHazzard, on 20 December 2011 - 12:07 PM, said:

How many threads on this are you going to start!?
I just knew you were going to say that Hazzard !
See There is a telepathatict ness in here !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users