Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Lawmakers/Aides try to get out of Obamacare

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#256    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,046 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostYamato, on 05 July 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Something there for everyone with the big credit card in Uncle Sam's pants.
"Is that a credit card, or are you just happy to see me?"

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#257    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,034 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostYamato, on 05 July 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

I'm talking about private citizens in organizations who have the option of actually using Obamacare not GOP officials who have Cadillac insurance already.

The answer is exactly the same. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT. But go in for the FUD. Merc is classic in this as well as many others. It's politically important for GOP private voters to complain even though it goes against their own interests thus again showing who is to blame. The ACA will work spectacularly in blue states and the red will get the hind end.

And you democrats are exactly as intolerant of republican's change as they are of yours.   But if you're referring to GOP voters, all republicans do is rant and rage about social security and food stamps, yet show me the republicans who refuse to deposit social security checks the moment they qualify for them.   The same goes for every other democrat program.  The same goes for democrats.

Really? show me. Unless you mean woman hating abortion laws, poor hating cutbacks, war mongering and profiteering or wall street back dealing. When did Social Security, one of the most popular and successful programs in US history, become a one-sided program?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#258    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postninjadude, on 06 July 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

When did Social Security, one of the most popular and successful programs in US history, become a one-sided program?

I'm no expert but likely when fiscal conservatism noticed that everyone on all sides keep dipping their greedy fat fingers in the social security account, if in fact an actual account was ever made, and realized it isn't sustainable to keep "borrowing" from the fund to give billions of dollars to countries that hate US and people who won't work or whatever other irresponsible waste they felt like stealing it for. It should work like this.... I give you money each payday, you put it into an account and don't touch it until I retire and need it. Simple as that. That's all they ever had to do but they couldn't so probably a republican started talking about a better way and the democrats like you puff out your chests at the notion of fiscal responsibility and say nooooooooooo keep stealing from the tax payers and spend three times as much as they give you and we'll screw the value of a dollar so bad but who cares so long as we can print money and spend it like the fake housewives of Beverly Hills. Social security isn't supposed to be a government fund. It's the people's fund entrusted to the government to keep safe. Why do you trust the gov so much? And why old white man do you hate old white men so much? You never answered that and never realized how many old white men comprise your majesties.

Posted Image

#259    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,157 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

The answer is exactly the same. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT. But go in for the FUD. Merc is classic in this as well as many others. It's politically important for GOP private voters to complain even though it goes against their own interests thus again showing who is to blame. The ACA will work spectacularly in blue states and the red will get the hind end.

Really? show me. Unless you mean woman hating abortion laws, poor hating cutbacks, war mongering and profiteering or wall street back dealing. When did Social Security, one of the most popular and successful programs in US history, become a one-sided program?

You are such a caricature of the whiny liberal castrati that we often wonder if you are playing a game.  Obamacare is a disaster and eben your power mongers realize it so open your eyes and watch it fail.  Of course you'll have to wait an extra year because Obama decided to delay through another election cycle.  Here read this again, it'll serve you well to read other than the most liberal sources on the web
http://www.washingto...ed-fiasco-ages/

Edited by Merc14, 07 July 2013 - 12:23 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#260    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,034 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostF3SS, on 06 July 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

I'm no expert but likely when fiscal conservatism noticed that everyone on all sides keep dipping their greedy fat fingers in the social security account, if in fact an actual account was ever made,

SS is "accounted" for constantly. It is backed by the full faith of the US government.

and realized it isn't sustainable to keep "borrowing" from the fund to give billions of dollars to countries that hate US and people who won't work or whatever other irresponsible waste they felt like stealing it for.

The amount we give the other countries in miniscule. You're whining here about nothing. And SS is not related to unemployment. Rules exist for unemployment at state levels. You should be railing against your Republican state officials.

It should work like this.... I give you money each payday, you put it into an account and don't touch it until I retire and need it. Simple as that.

what makes you think that's not what happens? Just putting money into an account will not grow it enough to pay you a dime.

keep stealing from the tax payers and spend three times as much as they give you and we'll screw the value of a dollar so bad but who cares so long as we can print money and spend it like the fake housewives of Beverly Hills.

Your rant here is going off into some seriously psychotic areas.

Social security isn't supposed to be a government fund. It's the people's fund entrusted to the government to keep safe.

No. it's an insurance policy which must be invested in order to gain enough to be useful

Why do you trust the gov so much?

I trust the institutions not all the individuals.

And why old white man do you hate old white men so much? You never answered that .

because they are unable to accept change and comprise 90% of the GOP. I don;t know why because I'm an old white man myself. Must be something in your water.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#261    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,034 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostMerc14, on 07 July 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Let's consider your source and try again shall we?

In 2003, the Southern Poverty Law Center accused Pruden of using The Washington Times to push "extremist, neo-Confederate ideas."[7] The report from the SPLC also stated that Pruden was "fired in 1978 by the now-defunct National Observer, where he had worked for 14 years, under suspicion that he had 'manufactured' quotes in his stories."

Pruden's father, James Wesley Pruden, Sr., was a Southern Baptist minister and president of the Little Rock chapter of the White Citizens' Council,[2][3] a segregationist group that battled integration throughout the 1950s and 1960s. When President Dwight Eisenhower sent Army troops to protect nine black teenagers attempting to integrate Little Rock Central High School in 1957, Pruden Sr. reportedly told an assembled mob, "That's what we gotta fight, ******s, Communists and cops."

https://en.wikipedia...i/Wesley_Pruden

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#262    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,611 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

When the partisan rhetoric made it so in the partisan minds of you people.

War mongering and wall street back dealing is as popular as ever.  Your leaders have failed.  Stop imagining it's all on one side of the aisle.  The losers you advocate reek with corporatism.

How don't they understand penalties and costs that are pulling back what would otherwise be growth in the economy?   I think you're the one who doesn't understand the costs involve with this because you're no employer.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#263    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postninjadude, on 07 July 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Your rant here is going off into some seriously psychotic areas.

Why thank you. I resemble that remark.

Posted Image

#264    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,157 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

View Postninjadude, on 07 July 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

Let's consider your source and try again shall we?

In 2003, the Southern Poverty Law Center accused Pruden of using The Washington Times to push "extremist, neo-Confederate ideas."[7] The report from the SPLC also stated that Pruden was "fired in 1978 by the now-defunct National Observer, where he had worked for 14 years, under suspicion that he had 'manufactured' quotes in his stories."

Pruden's father, James Wesley Pruden, Sr., was a Southern Baptist minister and president of the Little Rock chapter of the White Citizens' Council,[2][3] a segregationist group that battled integration throughout the 1950s and 1960s. When President Dwight Eisenhower sent Army troops to protect nine black teenagers attempting to integrate Little Rock Central High School in 1957, Pruden Sr. reportedly told an assembled mob, "That's what we gotta fight, ******s, Communists and cops."

https://en.wikipedia...i/Wesley_Pruden
WHat a childish response.  Why or why do the democrats keep DELAYING!!!! Answer that NNs.  Of course the answer is simple, they know it is a disaster.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#265    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,157 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

George Will explains tha tit takes mass irrationality to believe Obamacare can work.  This is illustrated by our resident irrational democrat, ninja, or as I refer to him, NN's.
https://newsbusters....s-irrationality

Edited by Merc14, 08 July 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#266    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,034 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostMerc14, on 08 July 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

George Will explains

George Will!!! Seriously? next you'll be quoting Lil Kim.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#267    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,157 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 July 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

George Will!!! Seriously? next you'll be quoting Lil Kim.

Anyone want to vote who is more intelligent, Ninja or George Will?  LMAO. Ninja is still at that awkward phase where he dismisses as ignorant anyone that doesn't agree with his narrow vision of the world. George Will, Krauthammer, Sowell etc, are all ignorant dolts compared to the brilliance of the cut and paste prose of NNs in his rose colored world of leftist BS.  Ninja just can't answer that one HUGE nagging question, "Why do the dems keep slipping this thing past the next election?  Afterall, if it si so great wouldn't you rush it out to crush the republicans?"  Tough question that NNs can't answer.

#268    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,046 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostMerc14, on 09 July 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

Anyone want to vote who is more intelligent, Ninja or George Will?

Will is the Buckley of our time.

Well, this time.

Buckley was the Buckley of my time.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#269    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,306 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostF3SS, on 06 July 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

, if in fact an actual account was ever made, and realized it isn't sustainable to keep "borrowing" from the fund to
I believe you're completely correct here.There is NO MONEY set aside for anyone. There is only numbers coming in and numbers going out, and numbers beside your name in an excel spreadsheet in a file in a building somewhere in Washington DC.

The reason that there can't be an actual account for everyone is that some people will pay into SS only a little, yet draw out a lot. While others will pay in a lot and if they die early, recieve none of it out. Ninja is right in that it is more like insurance with a variable monthly payment based on how much you earn. So if you somehow pay in five hundred thousand, yet die at age 55, you get nothing (unless you leave a widow/widower).

I think the reason they couldn't make simple investment accounts is that from the beginning they were paying out to people who had not paid into it. And they had not set it up that way, it would have never been adopted.

Edited by DieChecker, 09 July 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#270    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,306 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostMerc14, on 09 July 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

Anyone want to vote who is more intelligent, Ninja or George Will?  
Well, apparently GW is published in 450+ newspapers and magazines. And has won a pulitzer-prize. So, he is obviously not an idiot.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users