Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM is better than Facebook!

GoPlayonAhighway

Oh you are sooooooo right! I could not agree with you more! Or put more explanation marks after my comments without being terribly annoying! :clap::tu::clap::tu:

• Like 7

must be the UM magic boards ...

• Like 6

I would probably agree but I don't use facebook as I don't like enough people to warrant getting an account so I can't compare the 2, You're probably right though.

• Like 7

I would probably agree but I don't use facebook as I don't like enough people to warrant getting an account so I can't compare the 2, You're probably right though.

i don't blame you. either i have become arrogant, or I am surrounded by dull and dim witted people. i seriously find it difficult to hold a conversation with almost all my FB friends....they have no desire to question....

• Like 6

I've never had an account with Facebook and don't want one. I'm not putting everything I do out there for everyone to read. I could care less what you had for breakfast so I'm not going to read your dumb updates.

• Like 7

I've never had an account with Facebook and don't want one. I'm not putting everything I do out there for everyone to read. I could care less what you had for breakfast so I'm not going to read your dumb updates.

Ditto that! :tu: I have never used facebook either for the same reasons.

• Like 5

Kari I agree with you. I have never been on Facebook and I have zero interest in that forum....

• Like 3

Kari I agree with you. I have never been on Facebook and I have zero interest in that forum....

it is a good way to keep in touch with people from the past, but that is all. nobody posts anything of substance. it is all pics of pets and children, with the occasional political statement. and to think i actually used to have FUN with some of these people! I just want to scream:

"NO YOUR KIDS ARE NOT CUTE! STOP POSTING SO MANY PICS OF THE BRATS! I DONT WANT TO SEE PICS OF YOU AND YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS WHEN YOU GO SOMEWHERE! IT IS OBNOXIOUS!"

I should post that last bit on FB...

Edited by GoPlayonAhighway
  • Like 2

keep an eye on the Caps Lock ... will ya ? You might wake the dead fer krissakes ... oh great ... now the EMF meters are going crazy ... I thought I told someone to take out the batteries //

1.0x0.jpg

No batteries ? Are you sure ? .... Did you read the manual ?

~

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 3

I agree. There are so many people that look at me IRL like I am crazy when I try to discuss subjects that we discuss here in the boards. It's almost like having a secret alter ego.

• Like 5

I use Facebook to keep up with my texting friends and the jokes. Facebook is really just a phone service. I don't like to text with my cheap phone. I really need a full size keyboard to type. I don't like how FB tracks your every whereabouts. Look see, I am at dinner across town, you got plenty of time to rob the house.

UM is for fun, education, interesting discussion. It is like a beatnik coffee shop from the 50's. Best of all, it is nearly the whole planet wide in it's scope, (provided they are english speakers.) I think it is good to talk to people on the other side of the planet and see how it is working for them. Maybe if we all can be friends and agree to disagree, we can learn to all live in peace, understanding and tolerance.

• Like 3

I use Facebook to keep up with my texting friends and the jokes. Facebook is really just a phone service. I don't like to text with my cheap phone. I really need a full size keyboard to type. I don't like how FB tracks your every whereabouts. Look see, I am at dinner across town, you got plenty of time to rob the house.

UM is for fun, education, interesting discussion. It is like a beatnik coffee shop from the 50's. Best of all, it is nearly the whole planet wide in it's scope, (provided they are english speakers.) I think it is good to talk to people on the other side of the planet and see how it is working for them. Maybe if we all can be friends and agree to disagree, we can learn to all live in peace, understanding and tolerance.

i feel the same. unfortunately the attitude is "either you are with me, or you are against me" or the ISIS slogan "there is no God, but God". i do not understand the need to force a set of beliefs on people. it's just not in my nature.

besides, "i don't make the rules, JESUS DOES!" :P;)

• Like 3

beatnik ?

Oh dear ... methinks I have overdone it by a bit ...

• Like 4

Consider yourself lucky to have not been tainted by this scourge of social media (aka Facebook) lol :tu:

• Like 3

We have a guy here at work that practically lives on FB... He took a day off sick last year and - sure enough - at lunch time he was posting his status update at a local Irish Pub...

Pics of him and some gal he met chuggin' down the brews...

Unfortunately for him his boss was on his "friends" list...

I really don't understand people who feel the need to let the entire world know every thing they do... "Hey guys! Going off to poop now! I'll let you know how it goes!"...

Sheesh... It's none of the worlds business...

• Like 3

From the little I've seen of Facebook, standing on one's head in a bucket of dog poo singing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" seems infinitely more entertaining.

• Like 2

Facebook made that Zuckerberg fellow super rich. It made the rest of humanity super stupid.

I'm so very thankful I never joined.

• Like 2

From the little I've seen of Facebook, standing on one's head in a bucket of dog poo singing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" seems infinitely more entertaining.

Do that, film it and put it on FB or Youtube and you'd get millions of hits...

• Like 2

... or rather what Book?

• Like 3

You have a much better chance discussing politics, religion and paranormal activity on UM than on FB, because you could offend, annoy or bore your FB friend. I find a large number of UM members take interest in my posts and thoughts on issues. If you're a freethinker or a deep-thinker, you'll have more fun and stimulating convos on UM than FB, I guarantee.