Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Islamic State: Gang of five stopped at Sydney

Timothy

http://www.dailytele...2-1227490620380

'THE largest single group of suspected jihadists attempting to leave the country bound for Syria and Iraq have been intercepted at Sydney Airport.

A senior intelligence source has confirmed five young ­Sydney men had triggered an alert at Sydney Airport last week as they all tried to leave the country together bound for the Middle East.

It is believed they were “red-flagged” at the immigration checkpoint, with the new counterterrorism units called in to intercept them before boarding an initial flight to Malaysia.'

This is why I invite security checks at airports, and will never complain. (Cavity searches would overstep my line).

I'm all for high-resolution full body scans, bomb residue tests, pat downs, contraband etc.

I am a firm believer that security at airports/aerodromes should always be as high as possible without exception. I don't think that security should have been relaxed from 9/11 levels.

Fair enough risk/reward and public opinion results, however I believe that the inconvenience is a small price to pay to ensure one more line in the defence against modern terrorism.

Opinions invited as always!

Tim.

• Like 5

Considering all the casualties Islamic State are suffering at the moment wouldn't it have been better just to let them leave...

Let's hear the tune if one of these idiots manages to get over there and ends up killing some Americans who were supposedly not suppose to be there

~