Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

My "Werewolf" Sighting In Florida


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Wookietim

Wookietim

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,907 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kirkland, WA

  • Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

View PostK.Nasr.El.Din, on 24 March 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

It was a few years ago. I never really came to any of these sites since then because, honestly, I think they're stupid just because of all the people who want to be cool. Anyways. To my point:

I was on the phone with two of my friends in my backyard and I went to my wooden fence to open the gate to go to my front yeard. (The fence is to tall to see over.) I was looking down as I walked through the gate and turned to close the latch, so I didn't see the "werewolf". I turned around and just froze. It was about seven feet tall or so, it was hunched over, very broad shoulders, had a more slim lower body, and definately had fur. It was dark, so I couldn't see any details. But it was pretty close to me. It looked like a reasonable version of a werewolf. It started walking towards me, so I freaked out and ran up the fence behind me and laid down on the top of it. My friends were still talking to each other and I was silent the whole time. I just stared down at it. It surprisingly didn't freak out after my own freak out, but just stood there and looked at me. So, like a dumbass, I ran inside and turned the frontyard light on. Now I realize how stupid that was. I ran back outside and it was gone. My guess is because I was an idiot and turned on a light without watching it. Anyways, it would be really cool if some people could share some stories or explain what it was. 'Cause I don't believe in werewolves. Just things that could inspire the legend.

** I was not at the time or ever was before that time intoxicated on any drug without medical purposes. Also, I had adequate sleep.

Actually it also kinda sounds like the Skunk Ape (Southern US's version of Bigfoot")...


#17    StarChild 83

StarChild 83

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:04 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male

  • "The truth was forgotten long ago, now we just have our imaginations to fill in the blanks." StarChild 83

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

View PostRealm, on 24 March 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

And who would just look at a werewolf and not run?
Chuck Norris.

Edited by StarChild 83, 24 March 2011 - 09:36 PM.

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'" H.J. Simpson

#18    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,051 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:41 PM

View Postgraciousgabby, on 24 March 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Wow...that was a lot of questions!  LOL

Certainly was, although clearly presented. I hope you get a response seeing as you took the time for the detailed post.   :yes:

And welcome to UM yourself  :tu:  :)


#19    Missile Punch

Missile Punch

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Be a Simple Kind of Man

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

Bro, I'm assuming you must live around a wooded area. I live in the middle of the suburbs, and highly doubt ever seeing any kind of feral creature running around my neighborhood. I can't say I believe you, but I don't really know why you'd lie about it either. I'm also positive you didn't see a werewolf, but it could have perhaps been another creature of some sort, especially if you do live near a heavily wooded area.

As for your behavior and reactions to this seemingly close encounter, I won't give you grief about it. This is because I think that many of these people who ARE giving you grief for it are thinking about how they would react right NOW. Meaning from the safety of their room. People's reactions obviously change under different circumstances. Yes everyone has the fundamental "fight or flight" response, but that is only a very rough description of many different reactions a person may or may not have. You didn't have the luxury of thinking time. You had to act, so you did what you did.

Unfortunately you'll probably never know what you saw. And perhaps you didn't see anything at all. The human mind is very susceptible to tricks, and something as simple as shadows can play games with your head, especially in the dark. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I understand that it is frustrating, but it happens to everybody. It is definitely something to consider.

Stranger things have happened

#20    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

View PostK.Nasr.El.Din, on 24 March 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

And it wasn't a bear. I can not explain to you how insulted I feel when people tell me that. If you're on this sight, then you should believe in strange things at least somewhat. It wasn't a bear. Alright? No bear. Bears have a WAY different body shape than what I saw and they walk completely different. Leg length is different. Proportions are completely different. No bear. Oh. And I'm not a screamer. My heart just stops when I get scared of something. I tend to stay really quiet.

I like the entire part that I made italic and especially take note to the bolded parts lol. First, to be "insulted" when people are asking a serious, and very legitimate question is childish and also takes credibility away from the claim. Then the second bolded part just made me laugh. "If you're on this sight (Someone needs a dictionary), then you should believe in strange things..." I'm not sure anyone said they don't believe in strange things. We however aren't a large group of push over, feeble minded ninnies, who just say "Well, you said it so it's true!" You bring a claim here, and we are going to analyze it immidiately. You came asking for help, so why get upset and hurt when you're receiving just that?


#21    Realm

Realm

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere in our spiral galaxy

  • "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

Something you have to understand. We are going to try and debunk every outlandish claim made in these forums.
Too many times people have came in these forum and made claims of seeing unbelievable things.

It is our duty to try and debunk these claims. If they hold up all the scrutiny then people might say "Hey
he's got something here." But just to believe every claim unquestionably is laughable.

However the truth be told, a lot of the outlandish claims people have made in these forums usually don't
pass the scrutiny test based on what they write. Their own words cause them to trip and stumble right back
into obscurity.

Until bigfoot, werewolves, true vampires (not the wannabe kind) yeti, fairies, dragons and all the other
fairy tale myths are captured or a skeleton is presented to the world, I do not believe it at all. Maybe
I'll eat my words someday, but that won't bother me, because someday I'll get to see one of the above.

Those that mistake my meekness for weakness, suddenly find themselves destroyed.

#22    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

View PostRealm, on 25 March 2011 - 07:03 AM, said:

Something you have to understand. We are going to try and debunk every outlandish claim made in these forums.
Too many times people have came in these forum and made claims of seeing unbelievable things.

It is our duty to try and debunk these claims. If they hold up all the scrutiny then people might say "Hey
he's got something here." But just to believe every claim unquestionably is laughable.

However the truth be told, a lot of the outlandish claims people have made in these forums usually don't
pass the scrutiny test based on what they write. Their own words cause them to trip and stumble right back
into obscurity.

Until bigfoot, werewolves, true vampires (not the wannabe kind) yeti, fairies, dragons and all the other
fairy tale myths are captured or a skeleton is presented to the world, I do not believe it at all. Maybe
I'll eat my words someday, but that won't bother me, because someday I'll get to see one of the above.

Nicely put my friend. As I stated above, it's hilarious how people come here and expect to just throw out any and every droll claim, then say "Well, you guys HAVE to believe me? How dare you question me?!" and get offended. lol


#23    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,285 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

View PostRealm, on 25 March 2011 - 07:03 AM, said:

Maybe I'll eat my words someday, but that won't bother me, because someday I'll get to see one of the above.

Agreed. On that day I will happily enjoy my crow and finish it off with a heaping slice of humble pie.


#24    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

    Streaky Freak

  • Member
  • 3,407 posts
  • Joined:10 Dec 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Florida

  • Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

OP, where in FL were you?  

View PostHerectic, on 24 March 2011 - 04:11 AM, said:

Probably a bear standing up.
There's no way you can mistake a bear standing for a werewolf.  Bears have fat asses and short legs.  What this person is describing was not a bear, lol.  

View PostK.Nasr.El.Din, on 24 March 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

Honestly, no one can say anything in their life isn't a hallucination. But as far as I know, it wasn't a hallucination. There was no hair. I looked for prints the next day, but our grass doesn't really allow prints for anything. And I just froze. Like.. What the freak was I supposed to do? Punch it? No? And I did run...Kinda. It was delayed, but I jumped my fence. And it wasn't a bear. I can not explain to you how insulted I feel when people tell me that. If you're on this sight, then you should believe in strange things at least somewhat. It wasn't a bear. Alright? No bear. Bears have a WAY different body shape than what I saw and they walk completely different. Leg length is different. Proportions are completely different. No bear. Oh. And I'm not a screamer. My heart just stops when I get scared of something. I tend to stay really quiet.
Don't worry.  I don't tend to scream when something startles me like that, either.  I always get the delayed reaction to move which is prolly what's going to get me killed during the zombie apocolypse. :lol:  And yes, again, bears are MUCH different looking than wolves, even at night.

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 24 March 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have never seen, or heard of a wolf walking on its hind legs. Also, do you have any info for them being nocturnal by nature? Ive seen them doing many things in broad daylight.

Wheres your info coming from?
Wolves don't walk on their hind legs when they're injured.  They just don't.   :rolleyes:

View PostWookietim, on 24 March 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Actually it also kinda sounds like the Skunk Ape (Southern US's version of Bigfoot")...
No it don't.  :lol:  The skunk ape (not that I've ever seen one, but from reported sightings) are also a different shape.  They're not slender, and their body isn't a v shape.  It's more straight up and down, more similar to human shapes.  Also, the face doesn't look like a wolf, though I don't know if the OP even saw the face.  The legs are more burly than any sort of wolf would be, though.

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#25    susieice

susieice

    December's Child

  • Member
  • 11,093 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Pennsylvania

  • "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:15 AM

View PostBeliever117, on 25 March 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

Bro, I'm assuming you must live around a wooded area. I live in the middle of the suburbs, and highly doubt ever seeing any kind of feral creature running around my neighborhood. I can't say I believe you, but I don't really know why you'd lie about it either. I'm also positive you didn't see a werewolf, but it could have perhaps been another creature of some sort, especially if you do live near a heavily wooded area.

As for your behavior and reactions to this seemingly close encounter, I won't give you grief about it. This is because I think that many of these people who ARE giving you grief for it are thinking about how they would react right NOW. Meaning from the safety of their room. People's reactions obviously change under different circumstances. Yes everyone has the fundamental "fight or flight" response, but that is only a very rough description of many different reactions a person may or may not have. You didn't have the luxury of thinking time. You had to act, so you did what you did.

Unfortunately you'll probably never know what you saw. And perhaps you didn't see anything at all. The human mind is very susceptible to tricks, and something as simple as shadows can play games with your head, especially in the dark. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I understand that it is frustrating, but it happens to everybody. It is definitely something to consider.
If you live in the suburbs and never see wild animals in your neighborhood, you're very lucky. I live right in town and there's possums and raccoons in the garbage all the time. Rabbits and deer are common here and deer even go into stores and houses which is scary when they panic. We even see bears though they're usually in the outskirts. Even if the OP lives in a populated area, you can't rule out an animal, even a big one.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#26    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,564 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

View Postsusieice, on 28 March 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

Even if the OP lives in a populated area, you can't rule out an animal, even a big one.

I agree , those exist......I do think we can rule out a werewolf though....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#27    Spezza

Spezza

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2011

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

Was there a bad smell when you were near it?


#28    Missile Punch

Missile Punch

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Be a Simple Kind of Man

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

View Postsusieice, on 28 March 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

If you live in the suburbs and never see wild animals in your neighborhood, you're very lucky. I live right in town and there's possums and raccoons in the garbage all the time. Rabbits and deer are common here and deer even go into stores and houses which is scary when they panic. We even see bears though they're usually in the outskirts. Even if the OP lives in a populated area, you can't rule out an animal, even a big one.

Ok so I live in a valley, about twenty minutes from the mountains (rocky mountains). So yes, I suppose there COULD be a bear in my neighborhood. But it is extremely unlikely. There are actually deer that live in some fields about two blocks behind me though so I can understand that perhaps they could be running around the neighborhood. But again, something that large (as the OP described) would not likely be adventuring around a neighborhood unnoticed.

Stranger things have happened

#29    K.Nasr.El.Din

K.Nasr.El.Din

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:24 Mar 2011

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Eh. Sorry I haven't gotten on in forever. And I was insulted about the bear thing cause I was talking to my friend that day and she said the same thing. And yes! Bears have fat asses and shorter legs! XDDD I'm not saying I saw a werewolf. That's why my title has werewolf in quotations. I don't remember a bad smell?.... It didn't make any noise. I felt safe on top of the fence because it just stopped. When I was standing in front of it, it took a step forward. The step was calm and didn't look threatening, but I got scared anyways. I was on the fence and felt safe. I went back outside because at least I had the light on and was close to the door in my front yard in the garage. Um... My friends were talking about something stupid probably. I wasn't listening obviously because I was a little preoccupied. I thought of using the phone as light, but sadly, it was a house phone with a dim orange light. Um... I have no idea what a Skunk Ape looks like. XD And my fence... Ahh.. Disappointment. I was a lot shorter then.. My fence is six foot. So it couldn't have been more than six feet. It was slightly slouched, so I really wouldn't say more than...6 foot....3-4.. Definitely no more than that. Um..  Alright so.. It was like standing there. I don't know much more to say. And I don't know why I'd lie about this either. 0.o


#30    K.Nasr.El.Din

K.Nasr.El.Din

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:24 Mar 2011

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

Oh yeah. I sat outside the next night. I think I brought turkey slices.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users