Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Reality Check for Piers Morgan Gun Stats

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

has the White House ever allowed a petition. Just curious.

#17    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,261 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostEonwe, on 09 January 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Once we are being babysat and they construe mental health as an issue, that is when it gets dangerous.

While mental health should definitely be addressed in this, when they begin to construe sane, legal gun owners as insane for owning guns... Calling their gun ownership dangerous, paranoid, and irrational, we will have departed onto a dangerous road to confiscation when the entire public opinion against gun owners is dangerously shifted by the liberal media.

True.  Half of America has been diagnosed with have some sort of a mental problem(by a pill pushing GP) and these people will be stripped of their 2nd Amendment if the globalists get their way.  What a way to disarm the public.  Get them hooked on drugs or some kind of bogus therapy and then strip them of their rights.  Makes perfect sense if the goal is to enslave the freest developed nation on earth ever.

Edited by acidhead, 10 January 2013 - 03:28 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#18    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Postacidhead, on 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

True.  Half of America has been diagnosed with have some sort of a mental problem(by a pill pushing GP) and these people will be stripped of their 2nd Amendment if the globalists get their way.  What a way to disarm the public.  Get them hooked on drugs or some kind of bogus therapy and then strip them of their rights.  Makes perfect sense if the goal is to enslave the freest developed nation on earth ever.

I was on anti-depressants a few years back because a lot of grimy things that happened to me.

I realized I didn't want any foreign agent affecting the way I think and kicked them..

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#19    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostEonwe, on 10 January 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

I was on anti-depressants a few years back because a lot of grimy things that happened to me.

I realized I didn't want any foreign agent affecting the way I think and kicked them..

Same.  I'll still keep in contact with my physician, we're actually friends, even though I'm not taking anything, it's nice to catch up with her once in a while to see how things are going.

#20    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

That interview, though 100% factual was over the top. And I love Alex Jones. I believe the reason he went that far was cause of how Piers had treated the last couple pro gun guests. He wasnt going to be bullied, or called names. He decided to be the agressor. What sucks is, even though his listeners knew what was going on, there were probably a couple hundred thousand liberals who might have heard Alex, till he went crazy.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#21    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,932 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Indeed. In Jones wants to present facts and have honest debate he can't spend the whole interview screaming conspiracy theories and then later bragging that he made people cry and that secret government agents were out to get him. If he ditched the crazy made he'd actually be taken seriously. Though given his track record that's not going to happen any time soon. So best to just ignore his rantings and focus on those who deal with stuff like facts and reality.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#22    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

That interview, though 100% factual was over the top. And I love Alex Jones. I believe the reason he went that far was cause of how Piers had treated the last couple pro gun guests. He wasnt going to be bullied, or called names. He decided to be the agressor. What sucks is, even though his listeners knew what was going on, there were probably a couple hundred thousand liberals who might have heard Alex, till he went crazy.

Yeah.. I was pretty infuriated when Piers said to Larry Pratt, "You're an incredibly stupid man, aren't you?"

While Larry Pratt was at least trying to offer potential solutions to no avail, being interrupted by Piers..

Jones' demeanor was over the top, but in a way, I'm sure his intentions were to mess with Piers.. And he did.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#23    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,382 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 10 January 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

They're busy playing the sound bytes of Alex losing his temper on a loop.   Because it's always easier to attack someone personally than win a debate on greater merit.  

If we don't care about total violent crime and the worst man-made tragedies in human history, then bending over and disarming ourselves might be a great idea.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#24    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostYamato, on 10 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

They're busy playing the sound bytes of Alex losing his temper on a loop.   Because it's always easier to attack someone personally than win a debate on greater merit.  

If we don't care about total violent crime and the worst man-made tragedies in human history, then bending over and disarming ourselves might be a great idea.

Oh, of course. You know the media. They're having a field day with Jones' rant.

But he did have a point when he referenced Democide.

I concede he would have done better if he wasn't so smug about all the facts he had.

Instead he should have been like, "Can you do me a favor and shut up for three minutes while lay down some points, without you rudely interrupting? If you interrupt, you'll have broken our agreement and shown you can't shut your trap patiently. You can comment after I'm done talking. You know, how actual discussions are done, not the CNN "I'm going to yell over your yelling" style of discussion."

That's what I would have done. I would have intellectually PWNed Piers, not be cannon fodder for the agenda-ridden media.

#25    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

This was on facebook ,for a while now . And I saw some video ,of someone cursing him out .
Dunno .He should just stick with Britains got talent . No one wants to see him now.
He was always such an ass on America's got talent as well. I loved when Sharon and Howie mandel would zing him for being such a turd to contestants .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 10 January 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Miss me?

#26    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,011 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

And Piers Morgan is laughing all the way to the bank.

Folks do realize that prior to his big stance on guns, he was about to lose his show because the ratings sucked.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#27    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostCorp, on 10 January 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Indeed. In Jones wants to present facts and have honest debate he can't spend the whole interview screaming conspiracy theories and then later bragging that he made people cry and that secret government agents were out to get him. If he ditched the crazy made he'd actually be taken seriously. Though given his track record that's not going to happen any time soon. So best to just ignore his rantings and focus on those who deal with stuff like facts and reality.

I think its a stretch to say he isnt taken seriously. He is the most listened to man in America, on a global scale. The reason being is cause the same stuff he's been preaching for decades, alot of it has come to fruitation. He may be over the top, but at least he isnt a flat out liar, reporting things for a globabl agenda like all other main stream media. At least what you see is what you get with Jones. You cant say that about damn near any other media.

#28    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,558 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostEonwe, on 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Oh, of course. You know the media. They're having a field day with Jones' rant.

But he did have a point when he referenced Democide.

I concede he would have done better if he wasn't so smug about all the facts he had.

Instead he should have been like, "Can you do me a favor and shut up for three minutes while lay down some points, without you rudely interrupting? If you interrupt, you'll have broken our agreement and shown you can't shut your trap patiently. You can comment after I'm done talking. You know, how actual discussions are done, not the CNN "I'm going to yell over your yelling" style of discussion."

That's what I would have done. I would have intellectually PWNed Piers, not be cannon fodder for the agenda-ridden media.

I really like the first half of the video. It was emotional, but very factual, and pulled no punches. It was when he started speaking in a british accent that I started feeling embarassed for him.

#29    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

^ This is the debate Alex Jones should have had with Piers Morgan.

This is the Marine who told Dianne Feinstein he wouldn't register his guns.

#30    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,932 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 10 January 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

I think its a stretch to say he isnt taken seriously. He is the most listened to man in America, on a global scale. The reason being is cause the same stuff he's been preaching for decades, alot of it has come to fruitation. He may be over the top, but at least he isnt a flat out liar, reporting things for a globabl agenda like all other main stream media. At least what you see is what you get with Jones. You cant say that about damn near any other media.

Why aren't you in a FEMA camp? Why didn't Anon hackers physically attack the White House during the election? Both claims made by Jones, both proven to be nothing but paranoia rantings with zero basis in reality. And for all its faults at least the media are horrifed when children are murdered. Jones? He was pleased, thrilled even, because it gives him another chance to push his lies. The bodies were barely cold and was Jones showing any kind of respect? No he was gleefully proclaiming that Obama was pretending to cry and that this was all some sort of government plot. The man is scum, plain and simple. And if he's the person you want representing your country then the only thing it will convince the world is that America is filled with madmen with little grib on reality. The only plus is that Alex Jones might be big in the world of conspiracy theories but he's rightly dismissed as a loon by the general population.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users