Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary Stories to tell in the Dark

Uncle Matt

Hey, does anyone remember these books? They were written by Alvin Schwartz, and had illustrations that creeped me out when I was younger. I think there are three, or four of the books, and all have folk tales, and urban legends that are are scary.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncle Matt

• ~TheBigK~

• UltraThunderMan

• xYlvax

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a guy on youtube that reads em aloud with scary music and stuff. His name is "dameathook" or something like that.

I read them all in grade 5 in the 90's. They are awesome. I wonder if they are still in print?.

I know you can get them on Amazon pretty reasonable. something like ten dollars a book.

I loved those books when I was younger. I still have mine. Once in a while I'll flip through them. The stories were creepy but it was the illustrations that really got me :D. One story I tell my son, just so I can freak him out a little, is the one about the two little girls who disobey their mother. The mother tells them that if they don't behave, she'll send over a new mother with glass eyes and a wooden tail. They don't believe her so they take off for the day only to return to their new mother with the glass eyes and a wooden tail. Of course, it doesn't scare my kid lol.

I still like to flip through the book I have occasionally. Honestly though, those pictures will creep me out no matter how old I get. :P

This pic/story was the one that scared me the most when I was a kid:

25hlbtu.jpg

The images were definitely disturbing at that age, but my favorite story was a lighter one called "The Ghost with the Bloody fingers", it was awesome.

Edited by Somerset Pierce