Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

did I AP...just a dream...what does it mean?

Alij

In this dream- What I remember is walking back to my room (I dont recall thinking anything but like I was tired..maybe on a journey or something but was just walking down the hallway to my room-this was when I was in high school)

As I'm walking I have this sense to turn around, or that something or someone was following me. I dont recall if I knew I was dreaming or thought I was awake-But when I turned it was like I was suddenly paralyzed! I fell on my back in the floor, just outside my room in the hallway. I saw this skelaton face, just the face that gave off a green light....It scared me, and I was scared but I couldn't move at all. I was scared not just from seeing this thing but the fact I was unable to move-afraid of what it might do and not being able to protect myself. The mouth of this face slowly moved up and down (tho it never matched to any words said, and when I heard nothing it continued to move and float in front of my) ....I dont remember exactly but I heard a question. Its was males voice or a low deep voice. It said one of two things-"Who are you" or "What are you doing here" I honestly dont remember which because I wasn't concentrating on the voice I was concentrating to break free. I tried to raise my head to scream at it....I still couldn't move. I began trying to scream out "Help!" fighting with every being I could. I never had this sensation before-i just kept fighting as hard as I could trying to yell for help. All this face thing did was ask that one quetion then hovered in front of me as if waiting on an answer. When I finally broke free-I was raising up in my bed, not screaming, but I mouthed the word "help." It was like a very VERY soft whisper. As I sat there in the bed, I just turned to look at my door where I thought I just was. I told myself it was a dream then layed back down.

I was so groggy-yet I kept trying to think how was I not able to move like that? I didn't understand it cause I had never experienced that.

I dont mean to make this too long but I do have something else. When I first started trying to AP after reading about it it seemed it wasn't working. I also have this fear(which i know fear will keep from doing so)-after reading about how there are so many beings, spirits, ghosts, etc I'm just afraid that as soon as I leave my body I'll see something...like smething will be waiting for me to attack me. Not my physical body, but my astral self. One night I tried not to think about it (even tho I had just read several stories talking about seeing dark shadows lurking around) I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself I am protected by a white light, my gaurdians-anything to calm my nervs. Even imaging a white light filling me up and covering my completely and putting a sheild around me. I layed there-tired. I soon had this vibration...then followed by loud whistle sound like a train and harder vibration. I began thinking I might be doing it because I had read sometimes this is what you feel or expereince when you begin to AP. But when I did, i felt a jolt and woke up. I tried it again, just closing my eyes and relaxing. Then I heard voices while my eyes were closed. ALmost as if they were glued shut for a moment. I just listened. I couldn't make out what was being o but I heard at least two, a male and female. Maybe more. They sounded like they were right over me, at my right ear....as if whispering about me and waiting. I tried to make out what was being said, hoping if i heard something not threatening I would succumb to it more. I think I heard something like "She's here" or "Is that her?" when I heard the male voice it freaked me out....and I woke up. For some reason...I only want to hear female-if I hear a male I think that I'm going to try to be harmed.

So these are some of the, most remembered 'dreams' I have!

Did this just happen? Based on what I read this seems like some of the signs of AP the vibrations and loud sounds and of course the spirits. The first half sounds like sleep paralysis which is also spiritual and I bet has to do with it. I think AP is more about being in a concious state however and having more control.... at least thats what I think... I think its interesting what the voices said.. seems like the male and female were waiting for you and the male that had you paralyzed didnt know who you were but wanted to..

I think its important for the dreamer to analyze for themselves what they think it means. What was your initial reaction about the whole thing? I think you should go with your gut reaction, as time passes the experience may remain on your mind and make more sense later as well.

Edited by SpiritWriter

about the first dream. or paralysis i have NO clue..i was just stunned by it.

But the hwole trying to ap and hearing voices?- I thought someone was waiting for me (good or bad i truly don't know) and I freaked myself out and rushed back inside my body

sleep paralysis. its when you're out of your body and you suddenly become AWARE that your out of your body. so it sometimes takes a minute to jold yourself back in, thats why you couldnt move. it happens to me all the time. Next time it happens, tell yourself youre out of your body, instead of trying to wake yourself up, enjoy it and move around in your " dream" so to speak. you can go anywhere, do anything. visit anyone. past or pressent or future, alive or dead. And relaxing when you become away you're out of your body will also help you control it better. congratulations, people work forever trying to experience exactly what you expereinced. Nothing can harm you in the astral realm, so dont be afraid of the things you come in contact with, instead confront them if they scare you, you'll find out fast they arent there to hurt you. more than likely its a guide, or just a spirit you came into cotact with. Think about this. other people are in the astral plane too, so the chances of bumping into someone so to speak when you project, is pretty high up on the possiblities. try flying next time. its enlightening ;-)

the thing i had no clue about AP at that time. I was in high school-now that I've been trying I havn't had anything where I've been out and THAT aware of it.

the first time it happend to me i was also in highschool, and i thought it was a bizzare nightmare. it doesnt matter if your conscious of AP or not, we still do it all the time when our bodies are at rest, we just dont recall everything, or we chalk it up to a really vivid dream, when in actuality we do it at least once a week.

the thing i had no clue about AP at that time. I was in high school-now that I've been trying I havn't had anything where I've been out and THAT aware of it.

well i wish i could control it and knew when it was happening so i could have fun lol

have you tried looking at the astral projection techniques thread? theres a lot of helpful tips and techniques to help you induce it yourself on purpose.

well i wish i could control it and knew when it was happening so i could have fun lol

It happened to me twice. Sleep Paralysis...it's quite common but wow is it scary to think you have no control over what is happening. It makes me feel very sad for anyone who is terrorized in real life and they have no control.

You woke up before your brain was able to send signals to activate muscle contraction. When we dream our brain sends signals to our body NOT to act out movements in our dream. Of course little muscles will twitch in our face and limbs but that's all. Some people who have a disfuction with these signals will thrash around, punch and kick at night and act out their dreams. So, errors of the neural transmission in the brain during REM sleep will cause this paralysis. That's the scientific version and it's possible that the metaphysical version is possible too.

have you tried looking at the astral projection techniques thread? theres a lot of helpful tips and techniques to help you induce it yourself on purpose.

I've read some and have gotten close but haven't been able to for over 2 years since I began....when I first started I thought I was close when I felt vibrations and heard this lous sound like a train..then began to hear whispering of at least 2 people right beside me but I got scared since then i haven't had anything

@sslama- I used to be like that too when I was a kid, I'd wake up from punching or kicking the wall that I thought I was doing in my dream or something lol

Edited by Alij

it sounds like you are quite close, just keep on trying and practicing whichever technique works best for you and evventually you'll acheive it again. Also don't be discouraged just becasue you don't remember AP, we do it weekly when we sleep, we just cant recall doing it, or we believe these to be vivid dreams ;-)

I've read some and have gotten close but haven't been able to for over 2 years since I began....when I first started I thought I was close when I felt vibrations and heard this lous sound like a train..then began to hear whispering of at least 2 people right beside me but I got scared since then i haven't had anything

@sslama- I used to be like that too when I was a kid, I'd wake up from punching or kicking the wall that I thought I was doing in my dream or something lol

• Like 1

you're so close, sometimes for me it works...like it just works and other times its next to impossible to relax and clear my mind and im just laying there like an ass for hours trying to feel the "tingle" lol. so my suggestion is make meditating on it a prioroty at least once a week, keep a dream journal and record everything you remember of your dreams, and create a few easy to remember posiotive affirmation you can say throughout your day. such as.. "i know astral travel is safe and easy and i am capable of astrally projecting as it is my god given talent" or whatever works for you. just keep saying you can...and well, you know how that goes ;-) Good luck! and even if you dont fully reach the state, you can still enjoy the relaxation of the exercise and the sensationa nd hightened awareness mediatation brings you. keep on practing, you WILL eventually get it ;-) as your guides, god and your angels to help you too. that helps.

• Like 1

im starting back with trying meditation-maybe to try to meet my guides and go from there

• Like 1

ive still not met my guides, or at least not consciously, so dont let that disuade you. just keep on practicing and start with mediation, the dream jouranl and the positive affirmations, you'll get it sooner rather than later and when it happens you're like OMG OMG OMG THIS IS SOOO COOL! thats how i was anyways lol. i think our guides will reveal themselves when they know we are ready and able to accept them and not be frightened by their presence. so maybe im not ready yet...it'll come, just like everything else as long as i keep trying and tell myself its all a positive learning spiritual journey.

im starting back with trying meditation-maybe to try to meet my guides and go from there

actually once I did a meditation and truly believe i met...well someone! I met a catlike woman, who reminded me of having eqyption qualities. (had a long white robe/dress-and I wanna say a head peice but been so long) and another woman as well (dressed like a belly dancer....honestly!)

im still doing research on half cat/half human or stynx....

There were no words-I could almost just sense what they wanted me to know or tell me-same for communicating back.

• Like 1

maybe you saw yourself in a past life? but its also likely your guide is egyptian and hasnt had a life here on earth since the egyptian times. either way thats pretty damn cool you got to meet anyone lol. ive yet to master anything or meet anyone, i just kind of flopped around my house and bounced off ceilings and walls, i made it outside and flew up into the sky and stuff, but thats really about it lol.

actually once I did a meditation and truly believe i met...well someone! I met a catlike woman, who reminded me of having eqyption qualities. (had a long white robe/dress-and I wanna say a head peice but been so long) and another woman as well (dressed like a belly dancer....honestly!)

im still doing research on half cat/half human or stynx....

There were no words-I could almost just sense what they wanted me to know or tell me-same for communicating back.

• Like 1

nah when I mediate i never think bout my house...its usually a tree....the woods, or by water. Water or an open space. When I had that experience I went into the woods...followed a trail to this opened area with a small body of water. When I was done I had tears lol. The only way to explain it is I felt some questions were answered and I had a since of purification

• Like 1