Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

March Against Monsanto

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/

Whos going on March tommorow?

This makes me so glad and gives me hope for the human race. Thanks for the post. If there were a march in my area I believe I would go with it if I could. Monsanto must be stopped (or as one poster here calls them, 'Monsatan'). If you don't know about them, read up on them and if your heart is in the right place I believe you'll agree.

• Like 2

Damn this thing coming when I'm in the middle of moving... thanks for posting this, found my country's marching cities by googling, Helsinki Oulu Turku. Making a trip then.

From the link:

Support alternative media

Remember seeing the warnings about the dangers of the 'Monsanto Protection Act' on MSNBC and FOX News before it became a law? Me neither. That's because there was no warning from the mainstream media; in fact very few have even covered it to this day. We did find out about this bill when it was only a proposal from multiple reports by independent journalists, including SpreadLibertyNews on 12/17/12. The pattern that we see from the mainstream is a dangerous one. As I noted earlier, over 90% of the media is owned by 6 companies, and just like Monsanto, these companies have also slipped into bed with the government.

Support alternative media

In a court ruling in 2003, it was determined that news companies can legally lie to their viewers and readers. The case was brought about when two FOX News journalists tried to publish a report about the negative health effects of Monsanto's bovine growth hormone (BGH) and were subsequently fired when they refused to censor their story to fit FOX's agenda.

• Like 5

Thanks for posting this! :tu:

• Like 2

I just heard on a podcast today that farmer's in India are resorting to suicide at an alarming rate because Monsanto has them so far in debt they have no hope of paying it off. This company should be considered a human-rights violation. Designing crops that don't produce seeds then forcing farmers to buy the needed seeds back from you?

NO ONE should OWN the food supply

Monsanto is the devil and I'll spread that word till my dying breath

• Like 4

They sell poison and they main goal is profit not caring to upgrade agriculture.

I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

• Like 5

I just heard on a podcast today that farmer's in India are resorting to suicide at an alarming rate because Monsanto has them so far in debt they have no hope of paying it off. This company should be considered a human-rights violation. Designing crops that don't produce seeds then forcing farmers to buy the needed seeds back from you?

NO ONE should OWN the food supply

Monsanto is the devil and I'll spread that word till my dying breath

Ah, but what about farmer suicides before Bt cotton (1.65 per 100000 in 1998, page 12), huh? Did they killed themselves just for fun back then (before GM cotton)?

And what about

The picture is further clouded by the selling of mislabelled, counterfeit seed packets, which often contain more than one variety. One Indian official was quoted in SciDev.net defining four distinct categories of Bt cotton: “legal, illegal, fake legal and fake illegal.”
(C.Sheridan, Nat. Biotech. 27, 9 - 10 (2009))

If you would buy wooden iPad, would you blame Apple for that, huh?

And, BTW, if you are not a farmer, you do not OWN food supply...

And yeah, don't eat potatoes - it causes leprosy...

Monsanto will get there day in Court ! THe Karma Court !

• Like 3

Didn't know this was going on till a little while ago. Bummer :( Heh, the only anti-Monsanto march I did today was out to my garden, and I didn't even realize it.

Though in a anti-Monsanto theme...

If you grow from seed, find out what companies sell Monsanto created or profited from companies, and don't use them. Use really reputable seed sources.

Don't buy plants at the local big stores! Pretty much every one of them carries plants grown from Monsanto seed. Even if it's an heirloom variety and perhaps it wasn't tinkered with, why put money their way?

Don't buy herbicides from the Monsanto family. Horrible stuff in general. And again, why put money their way?

Find out what companies are noted for using Monsanto products. Don't buy it if you can help it.

And just don't buy fresh corn at Walmart- last year they launched their program of fresh GMO corn.

Educate yourselves... Find out what the differences are in breeding and GMO. Don't just read one headline of a newspaper. Look up testing reports, read agricultural news, dig into world wide news. I see a lot of crappy information floating around, and even more bias. Don't just shout it down because what you read is bad- really understand what the differences are.

Realize it isn't just Monsanto. They just happen to currently be the most obvious.. There are other companies out there that are doing a lot of the same general work, but seem to be able to keep their, er, crap together better.

• Like 3

I would have been at a march if I was int he US. I hate Monsanto.

They were the company behind Agent Orange.... Pretty much says it all. :td:

They sell poison and they main goal is profit not caring to upgrade agriculture.

I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Love that quote. Not heard it before either, so thanks for that. :tu:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 3

just got back from the march in manchester.

not a huge turnout as far as protests go, but a good atmosphere!

we were gonna go to the march in glasgow (which would've been bigger), but I was working last night and glasgow's 200mls away, but manchester's only around the corner so we went there instead.

a good day out all round!

:-)

• Like 3