Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creatures Frozen for 32,000 Years Still Alive

Roj47

A new type of organism discovered in an Arctic tunnel came to life in the lab after being frozen for 32,000 years.

The deep-freeze bacteria could point to new methods of cryogenics, and they are the sort of biology scientists say might exist on Mars and other planets and moons.

"The existence of microorganisms in these harsh environments suggests -- but does not promise -- that we might one day discover similar life forms in the glaciers or permafrost of Mars or in the ice crust and oceans of Jupiter’s moon Europa," said Richard Hoover, an astrobiologist at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.

http://www.livescience.com/othernews/050223_arctic_life.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• War-Junkie

• Roj47

• Lizard King

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet maby they can get cells out and inject them into the bodies that they freeze

sweet maby they can get cells out and inject them into the bodies that they freeze

Clarify?

Clarify?

I think he's talking about using the microorganisms to aid in freezing humans...which I have already mastered. It gets the hose again.

I think he's talking about using the microorganisms to aid in freezing humans

That would do no help :P

i dont know maby some cells in the creatures that help them defrost could be injected into humans when we freez them and it would help then defreeze i dont know if it would work but lets try it ne way

dont know maby some cells in the creatures that help them defrost could be injected into humans when we freez them and it would help then defreeze i dont know if it would work but lets try it ne way

No, only the bacteria would live...The human tissue would all be long dead :)