Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you take part in an Orb experiment ?

Bogeyman

I'd like to try something here but for it to be a valid experiment we would need lots of participation. In a linked article in another thread it has been suggested by researchers that asking for a spirit to appear on camera produces more orb photo's......(i have some subjective evidence of this myself) BUT i was thinking if we could get loads of people to take two photo's of the same place ...a chair ,a wall ...whatever ..

In the first photo ....just snap a spot

In the second photo snap the same spot but think about say a deceased relative and ask them to show up ....

If a lot of people took part it would be interesting......no?

Anyway sign up if your up for it and we can give it a go...

We'd need to verify the results here of course .....someone would need to give us a quick lesson in uploading our photo's for the thread....

ANY TAKERS ?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• She-ra

• Barek Halfhand

• JustNormal

• Jjbreen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds interesting to me, my house isn't that haunted, the ghosts kind of keep to themselves until they're messed with. But I'll give it a shot tomorrow or something.

And you can upload to http://www.imageshack.us or http://photobucket.com or something, I think even the attachments on here give a pretty decent sized amount of space for photo uploads.

Edited by conundrum

You dont need a haunted house .....just some dead relatives :hmm: ....One thing we've all got in common.

I assume a requirmement for the experiment would be to upload two un-edited/cropped/zoomed or processed images - except perhaps a resize?

I assume a requirmement for the experiment would be to upload two un-edited/cropped/zoomed or processed images - except perhaps a resize?

Exactly

I would say that the most scientific way to do it would be to take two pictures ..one directly after the other.

If enough people took part any trend would show up. It would need honesty though ....

The null hypothesis would be

" Asking for spirits to appear in photo's does not make orbs appear in said photo's"

Our mission then would be to either prove or disprove this theory.

So i see it like this.

1/ You point at a spot take your photo .

2/ You think of one of your passed over relatives that you were close to ,ask them to show up in the photo in the designated spot ....then take your second photo.

We could then do a count on the number taking part and from this the number who may have been successful......I dont think theres any need to post unsuccessful photo's but there would be a need to count them......so for example we might say that out of 100 taking part 10 or 15 were successful.

This can then be statistacally analysed to see how likely the request was to influence the result.

Scientists and Statisticians .....dont get on your high horses now it's ony an experiment.

Bogey

Edited by Bogeyman

....Scientists and Statisticians .....dont get on your high horses now it's ony an experiment....

NOBODY will do that :angry: ...

This is an objective experiment (I'm in) ...I am interested in the results....B

the Halfmungus will not be deprived....

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Was just testing my new camera anyway, so thought i might aswell try this. I had no luck getting any orbs, i have never had any orbs in any photos before either actually, at least not any that were noticable.

Since i didnt get any orbs, i'll just post links to the photos instead of posting them here. Maybe someone with better eyes than me, can spot anything :)

photo 1

photo 2

Was just testing my new camera anyway, so thought i might aswell try this. I had no luck getting any orbs, i have never had any orbs in any photos before either actually, at least not any that were noticable.

Since i didnt get any orbs, i'll just post links to the photos instead of posting them here. Maybe someone with better eyes than me, can spot anything :)

photo 1

photo 2

Thats the idea but i would avoid pointing at any reflective surfaces such as glass or chrome .....this way they can't be blamed for any orbs that may appear

hi there

Ive actually done this experiment before but you can count me in for the sake of you experiment will take the pics tonight see what a happens

blessing spiritual_soul79 xoxo

Thats the idea but i would avoid pointing at any reflective surfaces such as glass or chrome .....this way they can't be blamed for any orbs that may appear

Didnt think of that :) Well there were no orbs anyway, so cant blame the glass for anything this time :)

If anyone has done it but not got results ....say so anyway ,this way you can be part of the count for the trial.I'll also give it a go at home tonight.

The reason I took this photo back in January, was because I felt a presence in the room..... the orb is in the lower portion of the speaker...notice the strange reflection above the turntable...I have yet to get a satisfactory (or logical) explanation for the angle of the glare...(it's dark outside btw).....I may try some of this again WITH the turntable included....B

linked-image

halfhandshuffle:scorpions-he's a woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGqlC1UZPo

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Okay Trial conditions / Rules

Lets make this as objective as can possibly be , do not keep taking photo's of the same spot until you capture something that may be an orb.

Take one Photo without thinking of anything or anyone in particular.

Take your second photo of the same spot but before you do take a few moments to remember some happy memories with a relative you particularly liked and miss.

Ask them to try and show themselves in the photo you're about to take.

Take the photo if nothing shows up....leave it at that ....it's a negative result , just post negative on the thread. If something does show up ....post it here (the photo's) as a positive result.

Okay ?

Bogey

photo 1

photo 2

Not an orb to be found, and with all those reflective surfaces too. I was surprised.

I'll do it. It'll be sometime this week when I get home from work.

Sounds like fun.

Not an orb to be found, and with all those reflective surfaces too. I was surprised.

Maybe those orb making spirits are afraid of me? :)

I have done an experiment where I took the same pictures multiple times with a digital camera. With lights on/off and flash on/off. Then done after beating a piece of furniture senseless to stir up dirt..... and surprise surprise.... there are more orbs when you stir up dust. Orbs seem to mostly appear with the flash on and more are produced with the lights in the room off. And a side note is that the placement and amount of "orbs" produced in a room could constantly change because there are thousands of dust particles floating in rooms.... all the time. I wish that I could say that photographs were really a way to see spiritual things, but they're really just good ways of producing light anomalies. :(

Edited by bustacrab

Hey Bogeyman, I'm game. I would suggest though - that people use a tripod or set the camera on a solid table or base. So that motion is limited as much as is possible. Also that they avoid areas w/windows, mirrors, glass picture frames and such. As this can create false orbs.

I'll do this tonight w/my Nikon 995 w/thinking of my mom, who died when I was 13. I will post the results tomorrow.

I will do it too, tonight, when there is no one here but me. I will ask my mom to pose for a picture.

I get lots of orbs when I take pictures of my yard and inside of the house. I always find that, well, most times, that it is a reflection that causes it. I will post some pictures showing why later on.

I don't think orbs are a very good measure of the paranormal. Even if you take 5 pictures of the same thing with five different cameras, you could pick up dust or such in only one or two of them, thus giving you "orbs".

I'll do it!! I'll take a couple pictures in my home, then later in the week I'll take some more at my parents "haunted" house... maybe I can get another photo of the "creepy old man" I've seen there many times. :(

Edited by Violet_Blue

Ok, first attempt: NADA.

Here are two pictures. The wooden spoon is something that my mother got as a special gift - she really like it. So there is a emotional attachment to it with her. She died when I was 13, some 40 yrs ago.

I covered anything and everything that could carry a reflection on it.

I turned out the light so the room was totally dark - so only the flash from my Nikon 995 digital camera was lighting the room:

1st pic: Test -

post-42730-1185337236_thumb.jpg

Then picture asking my mom to give a 'sign'.

post-42730-1185337308_thumb.jpg

Nothing on the picture. I will try again at 10PM and 11PM and maybe 12AM - but not sure I'll stay up that late or not. Have a doctor's appointment tomorrow about lung surgery. At 52, I need my beauty sleep. ;)

I wish i could but my computer doesn,t have upload capabilities, and my camera passed away in it,s sleep not to long ago! :cry: But good luck! I,ll be interested in hearing what the results are! :yes::tu: