Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TAPS at Bobby Mackey's

naslrogues

Hi Everyone,

I found it interesting that TAPS finally went to Bobby Mackey's music world and didn't have anything close to the experiences everyone else seems to have. No portal to hell, no demons, no possessions, and I guess nothing followed them home. Jason did make a comment to the effect of other investigating groups and the "exaggerated" claims. What do you think?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• A rather obscure Bassoon

• Mark is Back

• Imaginarynumber1

Hi Everyone,

I found it interesting that TAPS finally went to Bobby Mackey's music world and didn't have anything close to the experiences everyone else seems to have. No portal to hell, no demons, no possessions, and I guess nothing followed them home. Jason did make a comment to the effect of other investigating groups and the "exaggerated" claims. What do you think?

I think TAPS fakes everything the same as others do...They have no more or less credibility than any other paranormal group...

They did this to try to establish themselves as " honest ", and make the others look worse than they are.......

Pretty simple....

If I went to these locations, ( all of them TAPS has gone too ), I could do the same as above.I could show zero evidence, and zero " haunting activity ", and would be able to show how these are what they are...Entertainment TV.....My show would be boring though, unless you like the truth :)

I have no idea if Mackey's is haunted or not. I learned a long time ago you can't believe everything you see on TV. However I have seen a ghost and I know they are real. I think there's people that wouldn't be able to see a ghost even in the most haunted place in the world.

Hi Everyone,

Since when were TAPS elevated to experts,If their halloween jokeathon is anything to go by.Quite frankly their program is a joke,never to be taken seriously and thrown in the bin along with the rest of the programs of this genre.

Man, people really have a rod up their bums when it comes to TAPS - either for them or against them..

Really all of the shows on Television are made to look interesting, but a lot of the shows have their evidence that is captured legitimately..

That's where you have to draw the line between Investigation and TV.

Shows like TAPS have control over what can be shown not necessarily how it's chopped up and actually shown. Sometimes out of context or out of order to make it seem more interesting (done by SyFy) but nothing they debunk or otherwise.

I can't speak for the other shows, but I will say it wasn't for the pop-culture rush to the field we'd never have seen this much interest crop up. So if it wasn't TAPS or GA or PRS or whoever else is doing this, someone would have eventually taken the limelight and you'd all seem to hate them just as much.

Meet them, speak to them, see their protocols and procedures, hell investigate with them - Then pass your judgment, but if you're a lounge chair critic just drop it really.. We all know better than to take everything on TV as 100%, but we also can't immediately jump to conclusions.

As for the OP's question -

What do I think, Jason was 100% correct. Shows are often exaggerated for ratings, by showing that nothing occurred that alone should say that they don't just do it for the ratings. I'm sure it wasn't directed, and if it was that's his business - but otherwise.. I've known places to be completely active, but when someone else goes in, Nothing happens.. Knowing they spent a while there, chances are good that it may be less 'amazing' than folks say but who knows for sure.

Edited by Mark of R.I.P.

Man, people really have a rod up their bums when it comes to TAPS - either for them or against them..

Really all of the shows on Television are made to look interesting, but a lot of the shows have their evidence that is captured legitimately..

Shows like TAPS have control over what can be shown not necessarily how it's chopped up and actually shown. Sometimes out of context or out of order to make it seem more interesting (done by SyFy) but nothing they debunk or otherwise.

I can't speak for the other shows, but I will say it wasn't for the pop-culture rush to the field we'd never have seen this much interest crop up. So if it wasn't TAPS or GA or PRS or whoever else is doing this, someone would have eventually taken the limelight and you'd all seem to hate them just as much.

Meet them, speak to them, see their protocols and procedures, hell investigate with them - Then pass your judgment, but if you're a lounge chair critic just drop it really.. We all know better than to take everything on TV as 100%, but we also can't immediately jump to conclusions.

What do I think, Jason was 100% correct. Shows are often exaggerated for ratings, by showing that nothing occurred that alone should say that they don't just do it for the ratings. I'm sure it wasn't directed, and if it was that's his business - but otherwise.. I've known places to be completely active, but when someone else goes in, Nothing happens.. Knowing they spent a while there, chances are good that it may be less 'amazing' than folks say but who knows for sure.

Well, Scifi had no control over Jason and Grant's little stunt below now did they......( and that is only one of many pieces of evidence of fraudulent behavior )

Not investigate with them ( they won't let me ), investigate them, really analyse their " evidence ", really look at their " investigations "........Do a little research, and be a lounge chair critic, look for the truth, and report it......Without people doing this, the frauds would be less known.

Well, Scifi had no control over Jason and Grant's little stunt below now did they......( and that is only one of many pieces of evidence of fraudulent behavior )

Not investigate with them ( they won't let me ), investigate them, really analyse their " evidence ", really look at their " investigations "........Do a little research, and be a lounge chair critic, look for the truth, and report it......Without people doing this, the frauds would be less known.

Again I assume this to be the "jacket pull" - not going to get into that discussion. But why is that always the linked piece of the "many pieces of evidence of fraudulent behavior".... Also note that it was right after that live event that they contract was brought into question and renegotiated before the next season.

Investigate with them, aye OF COURSE THEY WILL let you - I mean it's usually under a paid event, but what's a little investment to properly 'research' their techniques. Huh? Otherwise you're technically ignoring opportunity to investigate. And their evidence, some things they have are amazing - and most of it you'll never be able to 'analyze' any better than the average viewer because you would have to go to the location. Really looking at their investigations?? You won't go with them, you have no idea what's taking place during those investigations, you see what the 23/41 minutes of compressed footage from their show, not the week or more they spend on location actually investigating every night?

- gah no point. I won't be defending them, I'll let them do that themselves.. Discuss with them your issues and I'm sure they'd gladly set everything to record for you. It's not like they are impossible to get a hold of.

Anyway what I must say really bugs me - you say you look for the truth, and report it... When really all you do is make accusations, what dictates that their entire scope of work is false and fraudulent from your evidence?

I'm just going to leave this topic alone from here on out - apologies again OP.

:hmm:

As an armchair critic i reserve the right to judge what i see with my eyes,including fakery and cheap parlour tricks i.e the now famous flashlight trick.Which i have done myself several times.

Oh yeah,Jason was correct because he and his group are experts when it comes to manipulation and exaggeration.

Again I assume this to be the "jacket pull" - not going to get into that discussion. But why is that always the linked piece of the "many pieces of evidence of fraudulent behavior".... Also note that it was right after that live event that they contract was brought into question and renegotiated before the next season.

Investigate with them, aye OF COURSE THEY WILL let you - I mean it's usually under a paid event, but what's a little investment to properly 'research' their techniques. Huh? Otherwise you're technically ignoring opportunity to investigate. And their evidence, some things they have are amazing - and most of it you'll never be able to 'analyze' any better than the average viewer because you would have to go to the location. Really looking at their investigations?? You won't go with them, you have no idea what's taking place during those investigations, you see what the 23/41 minutes of compressed footage from their show, not the week or more they spend on location actually investigating every night?

- gah no point. I won't be defending them, I'll let them do that themselves.. Discuss with them your issues and I'm sure they'd gladly set everything to record for you. It's not like they are impossible to get a hold of.

Anyway what I must say really bugs me - you say you look for the truth, and report it... When really all you do is make accusations, what dictates that their entire scope of work is false and fraudulent from your evidence?

I'm just going to leave this topic alone from here on out - apologies again OP.

:hmm:

They will not comment on the jacket pull......People have tried to interview them on it.....How much more evidence do you want?....The jacket pull is just so damn obvious, it is the best one to show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJ0hmh4mvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NuZvLekZ-0&feature=related

Look, do not take it personal that I do not believe anything that any of you " paranormal experts " claim to be hauntings, or paranormal.It is nothing personal at all, you seem like a very likeable person.

I can't even imagine how many " groups" are out there right now filming, recording, taking pictures, etc....It thas to be hundreds of thousands of individuals also...

Yet, not even one piece of evidence that would get the public to say " hey, this might be a real thing "......Actually quite the opposite.

Not one piece of evidence to get Universities, or Private firms with $$$$$ to actually investigate this with any amount of seriousness.( Universities have studied the psychological side of why some people " see " or " hear " ghosts )

I wish you luck, hey, if you are happy doing this, keep doing it....Instead of trying to convince me and others with words, I hope one day you find that perfect piece of evidence that will finally take this to the next level....I really do.

Edited by Sakari

Taps foolery or not aside...

Even if they were the most scientifically reputable hunter group on the planet, and even if they are doing a serious haunt.. Everyone has a quiet evening sometimes.

Something I don't see with most spook shows is a good stay in a location. A couple days and nights. Like hey, we were here more than 8-12 hours on a one off stint and stuff did/didn't happen.

I would love to see a spooky TV show that falls into what I want to see for hunting. But I know that will not happen because it isn't appealing to the masses in general.

Taps foolery or not aside...

Even if they were the most scientifically reputable hunter group on the planet, and even if they are doing a serious haunt.. Everyone has a quiet evening sometimes.

Something I don't see with most spook shows is a good stay in a location. A couple days and nights. Like hey, we were here more than 8-12 hours on a one off stint and stuff did/deidn't happen.

I would love to see a spooky TV show that falls into what I want to see for hunting. But I know that will not happen because it isn't appealing to the masses in general.

I agree,there are groups,good scientific groups who probably go hundreds of hours without ever experiencing anything.Better that than a group of clowns running around waving EMF meters like light sabres and saying wow did you hear that every time a mouse farts or something..

I agree,there are groups,good scientific groups who probably go hundreds of hours without ever experiencing anything.Better that than a group of clowns running around waving EMF meters like light sabres and saying wow did you hear that every time a mouse farts or something..

LOL classic all about money aint it?

Aye I have to apologize in general - just from the side I'm on, knowing what I know of how things operate with that team I have to say seriously, you'd have to speak with them in person to see what I see.

Otherwise, yes - yes you are 100% right - Too many fame-seeking groups have sprung up and are filming for their YouTube fame and recognition praying that they get that TV show.

There are some out there, I'd like to say like the team I'm part of, that are actually doing things right. But even then I can't say I wouldn't like recognition if we got it - it's just not the goal. Opportunities sometimes present themselves, and when they do we must seize them even if only to prevent a less desirable person or team from getting that light and further damaging the field.

I love your analogy though - really I laughed out loud (sitting at work) and got the evil eye from a few people around me.

Better that than a group of clowns running around waving EMF meters like light sabres and saying wow did you hear that every time a mouse farts or something..

Our team has been around 10 years, literally starting with pen/paper/Polaroid - and just mostly questioning people and 'debunking' the issues best we could. Then moving forward and discovering greater theories and correlations then finding and using the equipment to properly confirm those thoughts. Now we're on par with most groups and inventing our own tech along the way - whilst testing and determining the uses of tech already in use by others. (Eliminating a lot of it too).. We've probably got 10,000+ hrs of footage/audio - actually I'm sure we do - but less than 1% of it can be really considered anthing of possible value. And less than half of that actually stumped us. It's a field with a lot of debunking and a lot of personal experiances. (can't always capture everything)

We actually created an article by re-tasking and rewriting a compiled research paper we'd written called "Contributing to the Paranormal Field through Scholarly Research and Technical Innovation" that focused on the concept of working in a scholarly manner and keeping everything on a professional grade level for data collection, review and dedicating a level of extreme scrutiny to our 'evidence'. (we were fortunate enough to have that article featured in TAPS paramag)

So like I said, I like to believe we're doing it right by trying to give an example of how things should be done, but also just by helping our community both as paranormal investigators and as an organization within the community. (Fund raisers, charity, lectures)

So I must say that yes I've seen too many upstart groups around, and their existence alone is what makes some of us have to step into a different light, and seek out those newspaper/TV/radio interviews just to act as damage control..

As for the private firms and universities - getting those grants is still exceptionally difficult. We're focused on getting 501©(3) classification to help promote that avenue. (Working with a few companies now 'unofficially' to help generate the next wave of tech)

Universities, some are researching it - as a side concept, nothing diverting any real funding. One day who knows? Then the Private Firms - yes there are a few offering payouts for real repeatable evidence... Well yes they are obviously skeptic by design - but eventually we all hope to be able to prove to the world that what we experience is really happening.. Until then, I'm satisfied being considered the nutcase they think we are. If it never happens, oh well - we're making an impact even if it's just on the social and psychological level.

So for now, I leave it at that - some groups are hurting the whole, actions past or present are damaging and as evident - no matter how much they change or how much damage control is done - it's never really fixed.

Sorry - no real spoiler - just saying sorry for the rant-eque rambling above.

also the 10,000 hours seems huge - but think 4-6 cameras, 6-10 stationary audio recorders and 8-10 hour investigations.. At the most it's only 6 years worth of investigations with one every weekend - and we've had situations where it's one friday and saturday, and another sunday - there goes 120 hours of video right there.

Edited by Mark of R.I.P.

I use to be an avid fan, but not anymore.

First; What I don't get is, why can't people separate television from reality? Don't believe what you see on T.V. Producers and Writers will do anything to get ratings and make money. Now that "Ghost Hunters" actually have competition the show has gradually gotten worse. Every time an investigator hears something, do you hear anything? You hear nothing but creepy music. Every time an investigator sees something notice how the camera man always stays in one position or never captures what they see? Hmmmmmm!? The camera man has all the right angles!

My complaints:

The K-II meter? Why is it that only Jay and Grant only use it? Very seldom do you see Amy or anyone else use it. Many investigators aside from the show have proven that certain radio frequencies such as a walkie-talkie or cell phone can interfere with the K-II meter. I even stumbled upon this on an investigation one night. We thought a ghost was responding to us. But found out that the walkie-talkie was producing the lights to go on and off. What really aggravates me is that if they are such credible investigators why is it when the K-II meter responds they never investigate what is setting it off? Most of the time they'll sit there and think a ghost is replying to their questions??? A colleague of mine sent an article one time about the interference regarding the K-II. Guess what! Of course they never responded to it.

The flashlight!!!? Come on... I kept using all of these cool scientific equipment for 13 yrs when all I could have been using all of this time was a flash light???

Cue Grant: 'Hey Jay'

Cue Jason: 'What's up G?'

Cue Grant: 'Did you hear that? What the Frig!?'

Cue Fan Watching the Show: ALL I ****ING HEAR IS THE SOUND OF THE HUM FROM MY SPEAKERS BECAUSE THE SYNTHESIZER FROM THE BACKGROUND MUSIC IS TOO LOUD G!!!

But with all kidding aside. Why did I stop watching the show? When they made a LOW BLOW COMMENT about those who investigated Bobby Mackey's prior to TAPS not getting the truth out or getting the facts right. I have been investigating for 13 yrs + I was quite offended by that comment. Even if they were referring to only those who investigated Bobby Mackey's but with that comment made them look very UNPROFESSIONAL and IMMATURE. Personally I think it was a low blow to Ghost Adventures because TAPS knows they now have competition.

I know very well credible investigators who have been investigating Bobby Mackey's way before Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures ever set foot on their property. I bet they agree with me that were offended by their comments. What about all of the hard work and yrs of building a good relationship between those investigators and Bobby Mackey's? If it weren't for those people who helped them in the first place they wouldn't be where they are?

Another complaint I have is what ever happened to helping people in private homes or a residence? They do maybe 1 house investigation an entire season? All they seem to care about is ratings, money and what next BIG location they get? ONTO THE NEXT!!!

I'm not saying they have more credibility, but at least Ghost Adventures works with other investigators and gives them credit for sharing their evidence with them.

What it boils down to is; T.V. has lead everyone to greed, money, big ego's, big heads etc; I don't knock anyone for trying to be successful but DO IT THE RIGHT WAY!!! Don't screw people over. Don't lie to your audience. We're the first to investigate or Bobby Mackey's called you for help. B.S.!!! We all know Pilgrim contacts them.

This might not make me look any better by posting this, but I had alot on my chest because yea their comments and trickery affects what we do and how new clients look at us PROFESSIONAL AND REAL INVESTIGATORS!

Can't deny I have some valid point of views?

My group has investigated Bobby Mackey's.One of the first things we noted was the high emf.

Pretty much everywhere we went.We sat by the well and saw or heard nothing.One investigator tried to be Zac and said the line about the portal to hell.Nothing happened.We got one evp the whole night.We just did not get enough to call the place haunted.We would like to go back sometime just because of that one evp but we can't call it haunted based on one piece of evidence.The only problem with going back is it is very expensive.I think it was over 500 dollars.Maybe more.(We went with another group.)Another interesting note We were not allowed on the second floor at all.No catwalk.No explanation.Just 1st floor and basement.

Why is it always Grant that seems to be the one partaking in all the obviously faked ghost pranking on Taps in multiple episodes? Is Jason Hawes the more honest of the two or is he almost as bad as Grant? Just ccurious,as it seems that Grant has turned to faking things to generate more ratings,while Hawes most likely knows what's going on but refuses to personally take part in faking things himself.

• 1 month later...

Why do these investigations always take place at night? is there a rational reason that these supposed "ghosts" can only manifest at night? I am aware of no laws of physics that would dictate this. Shouldn't these phenomena occur just as readily in the day time?

I've always been baffled as to why they have to investigate at night.

Why do these investigations always take place at night? is there a rational reason that these supposed "ghosts" can only manifest at night? I am aware of no laws of physics that would dictate this. Shouldn't these phenomena occur just as readily in the day time?

In fact, if the dearly departed were wandering the earth... wouldnt they be desperately trying to contact the living 24/7/365 times a year? I know I would.

I believe it has to do with some notion of the witching hour or something? Also, why do all of them go lockdown, lights out too?

Is there anything wrong with investigating haunting in broadlight and well-lit room?

Oh wait, I get it... that is the selling point... conducting investigations in broadlight and in well-lit rooms would make the program 100Xs more boring and dull to the home audiences. No suspense :no:

Especially considering 99% of the witnesses claims happened during the day time, or with the LIGHTS ON......

( yes, I counted and came up with that number )

This also goes for the Bigfoot hunts, and other shows ( Destination Truth ).....

I want my own show bad......

Edited by Sakari

Especially considering 99% of the witnesses claims happened during the day time, or with the LIGHTS ON......

( yes, I counted and came up with that number )

This also goes for the Bigfoot hunts, and other shows ( Destination Truth ).....

I want my own show bad......

I know, right? I could run around all night and be dramatic about a noise I heard.

Most of the "famous" ghost sightings occured in daylight, e.g. London Tower, Edinbourgh Castle and so on. There is no reason why ghosts should be more active at night and I challenge anybody to provide a reasonable explanation.

On a side note, I like Destination Truth, but only because I find Josh Gates to be hilarious. I certainly won't go out of my way to watch the show, however.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Alright, I know many users here don't really know the claims of Bobby Mackey's. I do understand that TAPS has faked many episodes to get more viewers. Though some of your opinions are wrong. They did have experiences but, didn't catch them on anything. But, since there shows are tapped, why not see if you heard it on camera? I heard unexplained knocking when I watched it. But, its just a matter of opinions.

Lets get to the claims of Bobby Mackey's for those who don't understand what they are. But, its 3 miles away from Cincinnati, Ohio. And probably 20, from where I'm living.

List of Spirits there:

- Pearl Bryan - whose corpse was found in a field several miles from the site in Fort Thomas, Kentucky. - Head was found in basement of Bobby Mackey's.

- Johanna - 1930s a pregnant dancer committed suicide by hanging in a dressing room at the Latin Quarter club, which then operated inside the building currently housing Bobby Mackey's.

- Alonzo Walling and Scott Jackson - Murderer Pearl Bryan

List of Claims:

- Knocking

- Things disappearing

- Talking

- Chairs fall off tables

- Beer glasses sliding across bar

- Pots and Pans rattling

- A woman was seen in a white dress. Once was seen in 3D when accident happened outside, she brought out a blanket and disappeared.

- Music playing when no one is there.

- Possessions

- 5 Month old Pregant ladies, killed and hurt

As you can see, there is many claims. Lets just hope, they are true.

As you can see, there is many claims. Lets just hope, they are true.

Obviously they are not, not even the women being murdered ( simple to verify that claim, but not done ) has been verified, not to mention the other lies.

lol @ bobby mackey's and taps.. anyone who claims the title of "paranormal investigator" should apply mainly to the second word in that title. Keep it real, and maybe you will be treated as a real investigator rather an ***hat ghost clown.. just my 2 cents.

I highly believe Bobby Macky's is haunted but not just with bad spirits also with demons. I watch Ghost adventures and they investigated Bobby Macky's twice and the things the find are interesting and the DO get something follow them home with ruins their lives. (I attached there full video's on this post)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwllqcfU04Q&feature=plcp&context=C342a4ddUDOEgsToPDskKsT_brrmHN0PkdZTCaqT1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXweqkHnzho&feature=related

Edited by Sainty

I highly believe Bobby Macky's is haunted but not just with bad spirits also with demons. I watch Ghost adventures and they investigated Bobby Macky's twice and the things the find are interesting and the DO get something follow them home with ruins their lives. (I attached there full video's on this post)

http://www.youtube.c...mHN0PkdZTCaqT1A

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Using Ghost Adventures ( or any " paranormal " investigations claims ) as evidence is no more than a joke.When a creditible University ( or any University for that matter ) or Science team take on investigating these things, let me know.

I attach one of many videos that show Ghost Adventures claims are fake.......Hard to imagine I know, considering it is TV, and ratings are important, to get more seasons, and more $$$$$.