Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the opposite of shadow people?

rashore

Please note: I'm starting this topic working with a belief of the existence of shadow people. Please folks, do not offer up debates about how this does not exist. Save it for another section of UM that invites those opinions too.

I'm not saying if I believe shadow people exist or not- just thought this was an interesting notion.

I came across this notion in a thread, and I didn't want to derail it with musing about this notion. Someone asked if there was such a thing as the opposite of shadow people? I don't mean the creepypasta media campfire version. I mean the sort of more origins of that stuff, stories about shadows that can steal emotions or energy, cause negativity, the darkness that can shape up and do ill.

The story was kind of the opposite of that. A light something that seemed to be helpful, perhaps protective. Not a dead person/ghost sort of thing, or a guardian angel sort of thing by the persons description. And it stayed in the location.

I've read lots and lots of stories about all sorts of paranormal things good and ill.. But I have to say, I had never heard it asked before if there was an opposite of shadow people. Best that came to mind were things like ghosts, angels, spirit guides, house spirits or guardians.. But nothing really described as opposite of shadow folks.

Going with some general lore I know, shadows are born of ill, or fallen souls or a piece of the black morass of evil that sometimes can break off and be independent. Not demons or evil ghosts the counterparts of them being angels or good ghosts. Not really spirit guides that can travel, good or ill. Perhaps most like a house spirit of happiness and good rather than ill intent?

Considering that nature ain't too fond of vacuums and rather likes balance.. Shouldn't there be the opposite of shadows? What would their purpose be, how would they have formed? Why does there seem to be a dearth of, um, lights stories compared to shadows? What would you even call such paranormal critters?

Again, I will ask that people that want to comment about how none of this exists, or wouldn't work because of lack of reality refrain from doing so please. I do encourage everyone to post up what lore they know or speculations about this notion.

• Like 1

I notice this is in the Spirituality, Religion and Belief section. Are you implying that the Shadow People are religious/spiritual in nature? Such that they are demons/devils?

I've always heard of them referenced in terms of other worldly, like aliens but from a parallel reality.

If you are implying they are demonic, then the opposite would be angelic... Angels.

If you actually mean that they are alien, or from another reality (other dimensional... though I hate that term scientifically), then I think they don't have an opposite. Unless perhaps beings made of positive energy, such that they are "bright", and seem made of light.

• Like 1

I don't think I'm implying religious or spiritual, but heck, I might be. I do mean shadows of other dimensions/reality and not demons or ghosts. That's why I was thrown off by the notion of an opposite to shadows, I'd never heard of it before. Everything light already seems to have names and none of them are the opposite of shadows.

I thought perhaps some other lore, religion, legends and such might have this kind of paranormal critter. Or even if there isn't, the notion of a critter opposite of shadows is an interesting one.

The shadow told me to say this topic is BS

I asked twice in my OP that folks refrain from this kind of commentary. So now three posts after that, I will ask politely again. Please folks refrain from this kind of commentary in this thread, save it for other threads.

• Like 1

There are all types of metaphysical beings rashore. the label of "shadow people" is just too narrow. As you have mentioned we have given other labels like spirit guide, angels etc etc.. To their opposite, but we have to decide what kind of things that is being represented by shadow to determine its opposite .

In a psychological frame work there is the shadow that literally represents your own dark fears and thoughts. It can come alive as an attacker. Many people face this one. The opposite is really just you and the solution is to obsorb the shadow back into yourself by acknowledging it and re integrating. These manifestations can be particularly vicious because thy know you.

Still another type of shadow is the challenger. I don't have any other explanation for you other than it picks on you until you fight back, then it goes away when you win. Typically this one has a hood or a hat. I can't Tell you why. I think it doesn't like what it does. When I pinned my shadow down one time after a good fight, I got a good look at him. I grabbed his face and looked into his eyes after screaming at him. He changed after that. I felt sorry for him. I got he impression that he did not like torturing me and he introduced me to an important spirit guide.

He is still around once in a while though sort of aloof. It was a long time ago. He is a monk like teacher.

So you see, I can't seem to pinpoint an opposite because in a metaphysical sense shadows can be different kind of things. There Are beings of light, but the shadow isn't always something bad.

I hope that helps.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

The opposite of a shadow person which actually is not just a shadow on the wall but takes up space in three dimensions, very similar to us as well, is empty space, that is also the opposite of us too. Us and shadow people are more alike that many might realize. Just my theory...

Maybe the opposite of a shadow person would the Illuminati, the people of the light?

Perhaps the opposite of a shadow person would be a traditional White Ghost? white is the total reflection of all color and black is the total absorbsion of all color, right?

• Like 2

It's been my experience that 'shadow people' aren't ghosts, but some type of interdimensional being.

There are accounts of 'The Shining Ones'....some say they are a type of ET, others call them an interdimensional also....they very well could be both. They are associated with other names, most biblical in nature (the Nephilim) Others think they have a link to the Tuatha De Danann. I would consider them a light being, or the closest thing to a shadow person's opposite.

• Like 1

Please note: I'm starting this topic working with a belief of the existence of shadow people. Please folks, do not offer up debates about how this does not exist. Save it for another section of UM that invites those opinions too.

I'm not saying if I believe shadow people exist or not- just thought this was an interesting notion.

I came across this notion in a thread, and I didn't want to derail it with musing about this notion. Someone asked if there was such a thing as the opposite of shadow people? I don't mean the creepypasta media campfire version. I mean the sort of more origins of that stuff, stories about shadows that can steal emotions or energy, cause negativity, the darkness that can shape up and do ill.

The story was kind of the opposite of that. A light something that seemed to be helpful, perhaps protective. Not a dead person/ghost sort of thing, or a guardian angel sort of thing by the persons description. And it stayed in the location.

I've read lots and lots of stories about all sorts of paranormal things good and ill.. But I have to say, I had never heard it asked before if there was an opposite of shadow people. Best that came to mind were things like ghosts, angels, spirit guides, house spirits or guardians.. But nothing really described as opposite of shadow folks.

Going with some general lore I know, shadows are born of ill, or fallen souls or a piece of the black morass of evil that sometimes can break off and be independent. Not demons or evil ghosts the counterparts of them being angels or good ghosts. Not really spirit guides that can travel, good or ill. Perhaps most like a house spirit of happiness and good rather than ill intent?

Considering that nature ain't too fond of vacuums and rather likes balance.. Shouldn't there be the opposite of shadows? What would their purpose be, how would they have formed? Why does there seem to be a dearth of, um, lights stories compared to shadows? What would you even call such paranormal critters?

Again, I will ask that people that want to comment about how none of this exists, or wouldn't work because of lack of reality refrain from doing so please. I do encourage everyone to post up what lore they know or speculations about this notion.

I've never heard of shadow people, but beings of light are real and powerful entities. As you say. they are protectors and guides. As far as history is concerned, beings of light are far more common than beings of shadow, which seems to be a relatively modern term. However terms like the powers of darkness have been around for a long time. I suspect that the reason why my life has never been touched by darkness, and why I have never encountered shadow beings, is that I am surrounded by the protection of the light, which prevents any shadow from forming in my vicinity.

Those of the light... meaning those crossed. Shadows are nothing but lost... didnt cross for many reasons. Earth bound if you will. They have many human ways of thinking and acting. They are bitter.. or extremely sad... depressed.. and lost. The opposite is those crossed and continuing their journey on the other side. Not angels or anything.... thats a whole different topic.

• Like 1

The shadow told me to say this topic is BS

I asked twice in my OP that folks refrain from this kind of commentary.

Well, I simply told you what the Shadow told me to say, geez. No wonder the shadow people are so confused....

Edited by 029b10

One's personal experience may not be the same as another. One's form of communication with the other side could happen through various ways, such as seeing, hearing, feeling, touching, dreaming, visions or perhaps all of the above. I think what's really important is knowing and being fully aware of that which is GOOD and that which IS NOT good for you as an individual. However it decides to manifest to you, just keep in mind that you're the one that needs to keep in control of what's happening and not the other way around.

• Like 2

Maybe the opposite of a shadow person would the Illuminati, the people of the light?

Perhaps the opposite of a shadow person would be a traditional White Ghost? white is the total reflection of all color and black is the total absorbsion of all color, right?

The opposite of the Illuminati are the Luminari. That is based on solar versus lunar.

Traditional white ghosts are fictional cliche. Most people who report seeing ghost do not report beings of lights. Many claim they simply appear as they did in life.

One's personal experience may not be the same as another. One's form of communication with the other side could happen through various ways, such as seeing, hearing, feeling, touching, dreaming, visions or perhaps all of the above. I think what's really important is knowing and being fully aware of that which is GOOD and that which IS NOT good for you as an individual. However it decides to manifest to you, just keep in mind that you're the one that needs to keep in control of what's happening and not the other way around.

No one has ever reported a successful communication with a shadow person. No worries there...

Even the leader of the shadow people, Hat Man who sometimes appears with a dog or two, does not talk. Just stands there...

To the man above me, my answer is this:

I've never seen a Hat man, nor a shadow man, maybe a glimpse of a passing dark spot out of the corner of my eyes, but that's about it. Now, if and when I do see someone out of the norm, it'll be like I'm looking at anyone else around me, the full body and in color, or sometimes just from below the knees and up. If it's just something that appears before my eyes like in a vision, that too is very different and doesn't happen all the time. Then there are times where I see nothing at all, but can hear and feel them around me. I have however, only on one occasion seen an animal, which was a large sort of fluorescent white/beige dog with glowing red eyes staring at me as I drove by, but as this was happening, it was as if all time stood still, or actually slowed down for me to engage and lock stares with it. It's head watched and turned as I approached and left. At the same time, I was quite aware that someone was sitting in the back seat of my car, I just didn't want to look back to see who it was, but I felt it's presence which eventually disappeared after passing a certain area on my route. The dog was on the right side of the road, and appeared to me three different times in three different places on my way home that night. I did make it home in one piece though. I've had a spirit become physical with me inside my home, and needed someone to help me get rid of him, he was not good at all. I've had another comfort me as I was lying down and falling asleep, but this one was not out to harm me. One of my first incidents came when I was in my youth, a bright sort of blinding light that stood in my doorway, as tall as the doorway but in no particular form that I could make out, and this one did communicate with me through my mind. It was neither a man nor a woman's voice, it just was. I'm not aware of any middle roads when it comes to the spiritual world, it's either good or bad with no in-betweens.

Edited by NiteMarcher
  • Like 1

No one has ever reported a successful communication with a shadow person. No worries there...

Even the leader of the shadow people, Hat Man who sometimes appears with a dog or two, does not talk. Just stands there...

I've dreamt of a Man-in-Black with burning red eyes, years before the movies with elements of it, but I'm not sure about the Hat Man, except the info on wiki.

On the other hand, I've encountered shadow-like tall entities during my transition to the afterlife, before I actually left my body; however, there was not a single hat around. Yes, they communicate telepathically with one another. The feeling I got was that some of them wanted to harm me, but something was holding them back.

• Like 1

They communicate just in a different way... its more for help

Those of the light doesnt mean they look like a bright light. It means they are pure. Those of the light often have a color hue. Green if they are in a healing stage... red hue... ect. They are not solid masses as we are. They project themseleves in a way that we can except. As for me i have seen many darker entities but never a "hat man". They ability to see them in full figure is rare. It is in segments... thighs down... torso... and faces are extremly hard to focus on. For me that is

Edited by lorelle17
  • Like 1

I've never seen a Hat man, nor a shadow man,

Never seen hat man but have seen shadow persons. My only point was not to worry over communication with shadow persons for in my personal experiences with them and in all the literature I've read none have communicated with us but only observe.

I especially loved how you describe communication as "seeing, hearing, feeling, touching, dreaming, visions".

As for the rest of your account, for all your experiences, I would never dispute that. My view is that it is considered a gift. There is a way it can be used to help yourself and others.

1. There are two types of shadows I have experience with, shadow people who just walk around, stand and stare often, and so forth. They look like someone is really standing there, it is not a shadow on the wall, they wear clothes but it is all dark, no details just a living silhouette. Those experiences are also always devoid of anything considered spiritual or psychic, that is nothing inside me feels different, there is no message from them, nothing other than I see them.

2. Then there are lesser shadow forms which at times communication does occur in the exact way you have mentioned "seeing, hearing, feeling, touching, dreaming, visions." I do not consider these shadow people at all...they seem more like messengers who are giving me messages from the Universe. Never fully see them with the same clarity as shadow people but they leave greater impressions. They show me where negativity lies in myself, others, and even relationships between people, so that positive energy can be sent their way by either thinking it towards them or doing small nice things if possible.

Never tell anyone, hey I saw a shadow around you, but just do it...

Never choose the place and time something is seen and depending on how many distractions are in my life they might not be seen at all for long stretches.

Again my whole point is there is no need to introduce fear regarding shadow people with the whole "beware of communicating with them". They are not evil. Unsure what their purpose is but never felt fear just interest especially since you can always see the outlines of clothes.

It was neither a man nor a woman's voice, it just was. I'm not aware of any middle roads when it comes to the spiritual world, it's either good or bad with no in-betweens.

Would also love if we could totally leave gender out of it.

Dualism is the belief that there is good and evil and we and everything are either one or the other. Totally disagree because we all have both within us. The lesser shadows are not evil to me either nor are they good. They are creatures of balance. Their purpose is totally clear to me.

Unsure if someone who has a gift to see one type of shadow can see the other. Honestly my theory is that shadow people are here as a message for us to find our own balance, to announce we have a gift in seeing shadows, and when we become more centered and focused within, which is becoming healthier as a person within, that we will begin to see the lesser shadows.

Just a theory. Would really love to know more but am satisfied with knowing the Universe can use us to help others in the smallest of ways.

I've dreamt of a Man-in-Black with burning red eyes, years before the movies with elements of it, but I'm not sure about the Hat Man, except the info on wiki.

On the other hand, I've encountered shadow-like tall entities during my transition to the afterlife, before I actually left my body; however, there was not a single hat around. Yes, they communicate telepathically with one another. The feeling I got was that some of them wanted to harm me, but something was holding them back.

These are the typical shadow people in your opinion? Transition to afterlife sounds as if they might be other beings altogether.

They communicate just in a different way... its more for help

Interesting, could you explain more?

Edited by Low Mage

Transition to afterlife sounds as if they might be other beings altogether.

You're probably right, especially since I didn't see a single hat being worn; however, the Man-in-Black wore a hat, like the classic depiction of the entity. The Man-in-Black was really creepy and evil (the right sense of the word), and the dream is still vivid in my mind because in that dream, there were death all around the streets. The vibe I got from him was absolutely negative, and I remember, I was going out of my way to try to avoid his radar.

Here's something interesting: When I was 9 yro, I encountered ghostly children who tried to lure me to my death through drowning. My nanny didn't see them, but they were as real to me as a person in broad daylight. If my nanny hadn't interfered, I would've drowned. That part of the beach was apparently enchanted, historically speaking.

• Like 1

The opposite of the Illuminati are the Luminari. That is based on solar versus lunar.

Traditional white ghosts are fictional cliche. Most people who report seeing ghost do not report beings of lights. Many claim they simply appear as they did in life.

Ghosts are not fictional but they are often white and yes they often appear as they did when they died. But beings of light are not ghosts nor I think are they spirits.

They are powerful ,independent beings, who can perform physical "miracles", and hold normal conversations with you in real space and time.

The ones crossed are on a learning path over there. This life is in the past and they continue their journey. The shadow ones are earth bound or "stuck". They are actually easier to connect with but often dont communicate. A lot of them have been in limbo for a long time. They just accept thats eternity. Some stay cause theyvare scared to leave or they want to look over family. As time passes their families cross and they are left behind. They need help to cross. Often theyjust want to talk... or they are confused as to why they are here. Someyou can help. Many you cant. Its their journey. Things they have to cone to terms with themselves. They have emotions similar to uus. Guilt, fear, saddness, depression type behaviors.

• Like 1

Ghosts are not fictional but they are often white and yes they often appear as they did when they died. But beings of light are not ghosts nor I think are they spirits.

They are powerful ,independent beings, who can perform physical "miracles", and hold normal conversations with you in real space and time.

So your claim is that angels are the pure beings of light? If so then they are still not the opposite of shadow people for shadow people are not demons...unless you think they are then they would be opposites for you?

The ones crossed are on a learning path over there. This life is in the past and they continue their journey. The shadow ones are earth bound or "stuck". They are actually easier to connect with but often dont communicate. A lot of them have been in limbo for a long time. They just accept thats eternity. Some stay cause theyvare scared to leave or they want to look over family. As time passes their families cross and they are left behind. They need help to cross. Often theyjust want to talk... or they are confused as to why they are here. Someyou can help. Many you cant. Its their journey. Things they have to cone to terms with themselves. They have emotions similar to uus. Guilt, fear, saddness, depression type behaviors.

Enjoy the way each will have their own system that works for them. For me shadows are here to help us, for you they require our help. No doubt both are how we do see the world and operate within it.

So your claim is that angels are the pure beings of light? If so then they are still not the opposite of shadow people for shadow people are not demons...unless you think they are then they would be opposites for you?

Enjoy the way each will have their own system that works for them. For me shadows are here to help us, for you they require our help. No doubt both are how we do see the world and operate within it.

Names are just labels which people attach to real and imagined phenomena. Angel/beings of light, demons, shadow people etc. The beings of light preceded the Christian religion and the term angel, but they are sometimes referred to interchangeably. If you meet a being of light it is very real and physical, not like what I read of shadow creatures. It can change the natural environment physically, protect, and even heal a person.

I don't know what a shadow person would be, or even if they exist. I have never encountered darkness, demons or devils etc in my life, and do not therefore even know if they exist. (Other than those created by human choices.) But as I said, that might be because I have always been protected by beings of light. It is interesting that the modern phenomenum of shadow people can only be traced back a couple of decades, especially to a certain film. Before that there are some historical accounts of various types of beings which were seen as dark or destructive, but not described as shadow people

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1