Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Phoenix Lights revisited

ufo alien phoenix

• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#16    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,006 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostHazzard, on 10 October 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

I knew you were getting at that :lol:  There is a BIG differece here, quillius,... Im going to let you think about it until I get back, lets see if you can figure it out by yourself.

People claiming ET starship VS people claiming man-made aircraft.

ok so in summary depending on what is being claimed determines whether the 'testimony' counts as evidence or not, correct?

also lets remove the words ET starship for a minute. Many people give a testimony about what they witnessed, if they think it was ET or not is opinion and irrelevant to the observation.

So these other witnesses claiming to have seen a low flying slow moving craft didnt really see what they say they saw and were actually seeing a formation of planes, how do we know this, well basically we have evidence to counter the testimonies......oh yeah what evidence is that...ummmm.....well.....a further testimony but this one actually counts as evidence. really?

anyhow bottom line do you agree that there is no evidence for plane formation for the 8.30 sighting? :-*

#17    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

This website clearly points out all the discrepancies in the 'flare' theory and also many other nonsensical & 'explanablel' theories of what the Phoenix lights apparently were.

http://www.thephoeni...s.net/Myths.htm

One point in particular that is worth reiterating is that those who claim this event was nothing more than flares, truly are insulting 1000's of people and their intelligence.  How arrogant and self righteous of them to dismiss all those witnesses as not being able to tell the difference between flares and something extraordinary.

#18    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,208 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Oooh, I think I know this one..!!!

But it's Hazzard's issue, so I'll leave it to him.  Quillius, I think you almost had it..  :D

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#19    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,208 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 10 October 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

This website clearly points out all the discrepancies in the 'flare' theory and also many other nonsensical & 'explanablel' theories of what the Phoenix lights apparently were.
I might have a peek at that later, but in the meantime...

One point in particular that is worth reiterating is that those who claim this event was nothing more than flares, truly are insulting 1000's of people and their intelligence.
How?  Have thousands of people really made the direct claim that they were absolutely not flares?  Does that link include the thousands of reports saying that?  If it doesn't, is it possible you are adding a little drama?  I note no-one who witnessed the event has posted here yet - I guess they are fearful of more intelligence insulting (despite their ability to anonymously post)..

How arrogant and self righteous of them to dismiss all those witnesses as not being able to tell the difference between flares and something extraordinary.
Dramatic indeed!  ALL thousands of them, huh?  :D

BB, could you, in your own words, please explain the very best evidence you have seen that clearly rules out the aircraft and flares theory?

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#20    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

If you would watch the video I posted at the beginning of this topic you would see that yes, 1000's of people ARE claiming that they were not flares, not planes, not helicopters or balloons, but something they couldn't identify.  The producer of the video, Dr. Lynne Kitei and many other volunteers spent over 3 months calling each and every one of the witnesses.  Dr. Kitei said she made over 700 phone calls herself.

#21    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,208 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 10 October 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

If you would watch the video I posted at the beginning of this topic you would see that yes, 1000's of people ARE claiming that they were not flares, not planes, not helicopters or balloons, but something they couldn't identify.  The producer of the video, Dr. Lynne Kitei and many other volunteers spent over 3 months calling each and every one of the witnesses.  Dr. Kitei said she made over 700 phone calls herself.

Sadly I'm on a dreadful connection at the moment - text only is my limit..  But I'm afraid your description worries me.  How many exactly?  What questions were asked, and where can we see/hear the answers that were recorded?  If we can't see the questions and answers, how can you assert that these thousands of folks specifically said they couldn't have been flares, and how were they qualified to make that judgement?  And in regards to all those calls, how exactly did these people know who to call?

It does seem strange that none(few?) of these thousands seem to ever post on forums..

___

#22    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,006 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 10 October 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Oooh, I think I know this one..!!!

But it's Hazzard's issue, so I'll leave it to him.  Quillius, I think you almost had it..  :D

although Hazz asked me to figure it out for myself (ignoring the possible condesending interpretation of the phrase) I do not require the same from him and would welcome the answer from you.....the answer to the question, does testimony constitute evidence?

#23    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,113 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Flares.

Watched a documentary where the same thing was recreated using...........yup ...flares.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 10 October 2012 - 12:50 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#24    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,006 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 10 October 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Flares.

wow

#25    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 10 October 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

How many exactly?

1000's as I said, watch the video yourself if you want exact numbers, I don't remember the exact number.

What questions were asked, and where can we see/hear the answers that were recorded?  If we can't see the questions and answers, how can you assert that these thousands of folks specifically said they couldn't have been flares, and how were they qualified to make that judgement?  And in regards to all those calls, how exactly did these people know who to call?

The video is only an hour long.  Do you really expect that they are going to divulge the private conversations between the callers and these witnesses and how could they have a record available to the public from 1000's of phone calls?  Dr. Kitei and the volunteers received the calls from the witnesses and then were called back to get their stories and testimonies. I thoroughly doubt that any of these people who were contacted were calling about flares, they knew who Dr. Kitei is and her previous experience with the lights.  Like I said, watch the video later if you're curious for more details.

It does seem strange that none(few?) of these thousands seem to ever post on forums..

Doesn't seem strange to me and maybe many do post on other forums, boards or blogs about what they saw over Phoenix in 1997.  There are 1000's of sites about such topics online you know. ;)

#26    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 10 October 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Flares.

Watched a documentary where the same thing was recreated using...........yup ...flares.

You must be blind then unfortunately.

View Postquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

wow

Yep, that's about the only other thing I can say too.   Just WOW!

#27    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 5,006 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

it amazes me that there is still this utter confusion with the Phoenix lights.

#28    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,113 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 10 October 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

One point in particular that is worth reiterating is that those who claim this event was nothing more than flares, truly are insulting 1000's of people and their intelligence.  How arrogant and self righteous of them to dismiss all those witnesses as not being able to tell the difference between flares and something extraordinary.

Arrogance has got nothing to do with it. People will believe whatever they think backs up their belief & discard the rational if it doesn't, hell it happens on this forum a hundred times a day. Americans are much more susceptible to the idea of alien visitation than other places around the world simply because of modern american sci-fi culture seen in hollywood films & t.v. UFO & alien stories have always followed the hollywood ideas of the time. During the 40s & 50s most sightings were of 'saucer shaped' craft, after Close encounters we had the emergence of 'the greys' & now after the 'X-Files' we have the 'triangle'.
All these things can be connected with the cultural fiction of it's time, ...no great mystery.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#29    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,113 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 10 October 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

You must be blind then unfortunately.

Yep, that's about the only other thing I can say too.   Just WOW!

Yes because of course aliens travelling millions of light years to get here & flying in formation for a while & then buggering off again is a much more rational explanation isn't it.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 10 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#30    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,689 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 09 October 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

I found this video recently and it's a very good documentary based upon the book with the same name and written by Dr. Lynne D. Kitei.  It's a long video, but worth the time to watch.

Anyone here witness the lights over Phoenix back in 1997?

A more accurate thread title would be:

The Phoenix Flares Revisited

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users