Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Does anyone build their own here?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,397 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Going from 65nm to 22nm and 105w TDP to 77w.  2.4GHz base to 3.2Ghz.  Can't wait to use it.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#17    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

at this point in time ... ATi is bad news ....... no matter how pretty the bargains ...... desktops wont take this  lying down, AMD and ATi will push back much harder because there is nowhere for them to go anytime in the near future .... meaning .. AMD and ATi will bring better bargains in the coming near yearly quarter

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#18    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,682 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Wonder how much I could get for a used evga gtx 580? I'd like to update to a 680 without dropping much cash if I could. It's the last thing I need to finish off my rig. I also need a new case, I'm really digging the cooler master haf-x.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811119239

#19    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

HyDRAs ....

All in all, cross compatibility for video cards was one of those dreams that proved not to be all they were cracked up to be when they finally came true.

On the bright side, Lucid, as a company, doesn't have to worry about its wellbeing, since the Virtu and XLR8 technologies have been fueling its finances quite readily.

At this point, it is almost a certainty that LucidLogix will just go ahead and abandon the whole hardware side as obsolete. If nothing else, NVIDIA and AMD can sit back and breathe a sigh of relief.

http://news.softpedi...ed-248135.shtml

"Lucid's technology represents a new technological approach that can enable multi-GPU processing independent of the vendor. Through this approach, consumers will be able to upgrade to multiple GPU processing and load balancing, with less complexity and without being locked into a particular vendor...

...The HYDRA engine analyzes the frame before rendering and intelligently distributes the rendering tasks between the GPUs on board. The frame decision mechanism resolves bottlenecks and inter-frame dependencies prior to rendering, in real time, such that there is near zero latency."
http://www.hardwareh...p?articleid=147

too bad ..... maybe it makes better sense now than then ..... drivers .... no big deal ...

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#20    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

i built mine .. 7 years ago :D
sometimes i scrape it into nothing and clean it piece by piece and pretend am buliding new one lol

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#21    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 12 March 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Wonder how much I could get for a used evga gtx 580? I'd like to update to a 680 without dropping much cash if I could. It's the last thing I need to finish off my rig. I also need a new case, I'm really digging the cooler master haf-x.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811119239

What are you asking?

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#22    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 12 March 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

i built mine .. 7 years ago :D
sometimes i scrape it into nothing and clean it piece by piece and pretend am buliding new one lol

I have a Q6600 that overclocks like crazy and a Thermaltake Typhoon that works great I will sell for very little if you're interested.  Not sure of the rules here so PM me if interested.

#23    alibongo

alibongo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Is the samsung series 7 gamer any good for games:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Series-Gamer-700G7A-Laptop/dp/B006TAKNB6 ?I have to get a gaming laptop(due to hospitalisation), unfortunately I am not made of money, what is the best choice?thanks

Edited by alibongo, 13 March 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#24    alibongo

alibongo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 12 March 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

If you want to play new games on low-medium settings then you don't need much. But if you want all of the eye candy and post-processing effects at high resolutions that setup would be unplayable.

I really don't think that is true.i7 and i5 are great if you are into graphical work, but for games, the gpu is the most important factor.

#25    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Postalibongo, on 13 March 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Is the samsung series 7 gamer any good for games:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Series-Gamer-700G7A-Laptop/dp/B006TAKNB6 ?I have to get a gaming laptop(due to hospitalisation), unfortunately I am not made of money, what is the best choice?thanks

I am not a fan of Samsung but that looks like a very well balanced gaming laptop for the money.  Good luck with your hospitalization.

#26    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostMerc14, on 13 March 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

I have a Q6600 that overclocks like crazy and a Thermaltake Typhoon that works great I will sell for very little if you're interested.  Not sure of the rules here so PM me if interested.
do you deliver also ? to syria loool
the problem is not with getting new one it's that am not interested in buying one
which will be carried away without questions by next time someone feels like " searching " the house

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 13 March 2013 - 02:40 AM.

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#27    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,397 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 13 March 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

do you deliver also ? to syria loool
the problem is not with getting new one it's that am not interested in buying one
which will be carried away without questions by next time someone feels like " searching " the house
Oh man, I am sorry mate.  You're building under circumstances I can't comprehend and have all my respect sir.

Edited by Merc14, 13 March 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#28    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,670 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postalibongo, on 13 March 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

This isn't bad for the price, looks nicer than the Samsung, but it is windows 8. (which msot people prefer windows 7) You could always buy an oem copy of windows 7 for the money you save.
http://www.amazon.co...sbs_computers_7

This is good for even less:
http://www.amazon.co...63363507&sr=1-2

The Samsung seems overpriced to me. You usually pay more for Sony or Samsung etc, jsut becuas eof the name. MSI and ASUS are the brands I tend to go for, they aren't as well known but have far more experience with computer components. So i trust them more, you usually get far more for your money with better build qauilty.

Sucks you have to go into Hospital though, best of luck to you.

Edited by Coffey, 15 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#29    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,682 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I always usually go with Kingston HyperX memory if I can find a decent deal. Went with Corsair this last time though, will be renovating my machine next weekend, I need to do the wiring and swap cases.

#30    Merc14

Merc14

Government Agent

• 3,397 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostCoffey, on 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

This isn't bad for the price, looks nicer than the Samsung, but it is windows 8. (which msot people prefer windows 7) You could always buy an oem copy of windows 7 for the money you save.
http://www.amazon.co...sbs_computers_7

This is good for even less:
http://www.amazon.co...63363507&sr=1-2

The Samsung seems overpriced to me. You usually pay more for Sony or Samsung etc, jsut becuas eof the name. MSI and ASUS are the brands I tend to go for, they aren't as well known but have far more experience with computer components. So i trust them more, you usually get far more for your money with better build qauilty.

Sucks you have to go into Hospital though, best of luck to you.

I think Asus is making some of the best laptop computers right now.  Good luck in the hospital and log in if you need any support mate.

Edited by Merc14, 16 March 2013 - 12:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users