Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the chupacabra a experiment

ali smack

i've heard a conspriracy that some folks think Chupacabra was an experiment gone wrong?

what do people think of this?

Personally I think there probably coyotes and dogs with mange.

i've heard a conspriracy that some folks think Chupacabra was an experiment gone wrong?

what do people think of this?

Personally I think there probably coyotes and dogs with mange.

The animals that are commonly known in pop culure as Chupacabras these days are undoubtedly dogs or coyotes with mange or other misidentified critters in the cases where a body is not found. The real Chupacabra or goat sucker is a fairy tale designed to scare kids in the Carribean. There is ZERO evidence for its existence in reality.

• Like 1

I was recently listening to an interview with Benjamin Radford on his book where he traces the Chupacabra sightings back to the original sighting by Madelyne Tolentino, where she'd described the creature as looking like the thing from Species. Apparently she thought the film was based on real events in Puerto Rico.

When you come to the description of the creature in the US you almost always come down to animals with mange.

Which makes it a shame so many are killed, really.

When it comes to the attacks, the reports never list them as being drained of blood, which got tacked on as part of the legend.

Dont think so, but i would like a twist like that.

Be cool as.

The animals that are commonly known in pop culure as Chupacabras these days are undoubtedly dogs or coyotes with mange or other misidentified critters in the cases where a body is not found. The real Chupacabra or goat sucker is a fairy tale designed to scare kids in the Carribean. There is ZERO evidence for its existence in reality.

I was recently listening to an interview with Benjamin Radford on his book where he traces the Chupacabra sightings back to the original sighting by Madelyne Tolentino, where she'd described the creature as looking like the thing from Species. Apparently she thought the film was based on real events in Puerto Rico.

When you come to the description of the creature in the US you almost always come down to animals with mange.

Which makes it a shame so many are killed, really.

When it comes to the attacks, the reports never list them as being drained of blood, which got tacked on as part of the legend.

I am with these guys on Chupacabra, the mangy canines found today in the US are not the original Chupacabra of 'legend', just what people have labelled these canines as.

I am open to the possibility that this could be a new species of canine or a cross-beed maybe, but not an experiment.

Edited by Junior Chubb

It is possible it was an experiment gone wrong, so much is kept from us. I don't know what they are seeing in the Caribbean but I think in the US they are seeing dogs with rabies or mange.

It is possible it was an experiment gone wrong, so much is kept from us. I don't know what they are seeing in the Caribbean but I think in the US they are seeing dogs with rabies or mange.

i thought the legend/ storys of the chupacbra have been around since the spanish setteled mexico. but it could also be a species of animal that is exxagerated to eat goat. it could be a scavanger like a vulture and is nocturnal as well. were still discoverying new animales. who know's it might be a spieces that we might soon uncover.

but right now we will never know till someone graps one and shows the world.

And they have the same diseases in the Caribbean :)

Yeah.....I mean when you combine all the crackpot conspiracy theories with the unverifiable amount of information we don't know about the world - you can pretty much write a blank check that covers any completely ridiculous claim out there. :rolleyes: This is why using all the stuff we don't know is the favorite-ist argument of Cryptos everywhere who have no real evidence to base their theories on.

i thought the legend/ storys of the chupacbra have been around since the spanish setteled mexico. but it could also be a species of animal that is exxagerated to eat goat. it could be a scavanger like a vulture and is nocturnal as well. were still discoverying new animales. who know's it might be a spieces that we might soon uncover.

but right now we will never know till someone graps one and shows the world.

Actually the legend is fairly recent, though the attacks are old. The name was coined by a comedian around the time of the attacks, don't remember what his name is.

It's worth pointing out again that sick coyotes fits the bill for the first attacks. The bodies weren't drained of blood, that's part of the myth.

The initial sighting comes from somebody who described the thing as looking like the thing from Species, after saying she didn't get a good look at it at night.

I think they are dogs and coyotes with mange as well.

I agree there are a lot of crazy theories regarding them.

I've even heard people claim there aliens and all sorts.

I did see a video on youtube of one on a road walking near a car,it looked like a coyote with a huge head,not sure if that was real or faked.I think a lot of cryptids are based on reality but are just misidentified animals,not the outlandish things that people often make out.

I agree that all these supposed chupacabra sightings are really mangy dogs.

However I have noticed that a populace can live in an area for many, many generations and still be astonishingly ignorant of the local wildlife around them.

Most have never seen a coyote or wolf in real life, especially one stricken with an illness so it is not surprising that they won't be able to recognize one if they seen it.

I am not trying to be mean here but..it seems to be a sad truth.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think dogs with mange are responsible for the "chupacabra" victims. I think another creature is responsible. A creature with wings, fangs and little tracks. I think they're vampire bats.