Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 16 votes

Was Vincent van Gogh Jack the Ripper ?

vincent van gogh jack the ripper serial killers true crime case solved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

#1    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

Vincent van Gogh was not as he seems.

I realize the difficulty in believing such a claim, especially for avid Van Gogh admirers, but this is no joke. The day has arrived. The truth must come out. Vincent van Gogh was a serial killer!

Painters are magicians, and Van Gogh was a master magician. Using his masterful skills to fool the eye, I found that Van Gogh had accomplished the great, but wicked, act of painting images related to Jack the Ripper hidden within his paintings, and specifically so in the painting the Irises.

Outlandish! Ridiculous! I know. I thought the same thing when I first made the initial discovery, which was of a face hidden within the irises, and I even set aside the discovery for two years. But when I returned to it, and when I looked deeper into Van Gogh’s life, it was no longer ridiculous.

The face I saw hidden in the flowers was familiar. It was a face I had just seen in a Jack the Ripper book—that of Mary Kelly, the sixth victim of Jack the Ripper. A photo exists of her as she was found on her deathbed with her face and body mutilated, and it was her near skeletal face that jumped out at me from Van Gogh’s flowers.

But it wasn’t just Mary Kelly’s face that was concealed within the blooms and stems. Remarkably, Vincent painted her entire body hidden in the Irises painting, and he painted it in the same position as in the photo. Vincent van Gogh knew how Mary Kelly looked on the night of her murder because he was in her room that night.

After I made the initial discovery, I matched up the details of Van Gogh’s life and 900 letters to Jack the Ripper’s dirty deeds and 245 letters, and I wrote a book about it. It took 3 years to complete the research and another 2 ½ years to write the book, but it is now complete.

I’m currently shopping the book, VINCENT ALIAS JACK, around to agents and publishers, while also getting the word out about Van Gogh's true nature.

See the hidden images and matches and watch the videos, then return to the Unexplained Mysteries forum and say what you think.
www.VincentAliasJack.com

For those on Facebook—LIKE’s appreciated.
www.facebook.com/VincentAliasJack

Enjoy the adventure,
Dale Larner

#2    Angelicon

Angelicon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

It is well documented Van Gogh lived in Arles during the murders in 1888. How did he go to London and each time without being missed?

edit: spelling

Edited by Mr Snuggles, 25 May 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#3    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

POPULAR

View PostMr Snuggles, on 25 May 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

It is well documented Van Gogh lived in Arles during the murders in 1888. How did he go to London and each time without being missed?

He painted a self portrait on his pillow, pushed some more pillows under the covers and made it look like he was in bed all the time.   And that didnt take me three years to research :)

#4    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostMr Snuggles, on 25 May 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Good question. Vincent could come and go as he pleased in Arles. He had no job and was accountable to no one. His younger brother, Theo, who lived in Paris, paid all of his bills.

Thanks,
Dale Larner

Edited by Dale Larner, 25 May 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#5    Dale Larner

Dale Larner

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 25 May 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

He painted a self portrait on his pillow, pushed some more pillows under the covers and made it look like he was in bed all the time.   And that didnt take me three years to research :)

Very good Englishgent. Thanks for noting it didn’t take you three years to come up with that. I would have never guessed it only took a few minutes.
:)

Thanks,
Dale Larner

#6    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 25 May 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

You're a criminal genius!

#7    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,767 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

can't you just self-publish via Amazon?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#8    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I cant make anything out in the pictures at all....im not disagreeing with your idea but i just cant see them...sorry.

#9    RavenEyes19

RavenEyes19

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostBrianPotter, on 25 May 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

I cant make anything out in the pictures at all....im not disagreeing with your idea but i just cant see them...sorry.

Same here.
I can kind of make out a skeletal face in the flowers, but what makes you conclude that this Mary Kelly? It just looks like a skeletal face to me. It's not hard to make out faces in patterns or in random things like inkblots or clouds. Our brains are actually wired too..it's called pareidolia.

#10    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostDale Larner, on 25 May 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

Very good Englishgent. Thanks for noting it didn’t take you three years to come up with that. I would have never guessed it only took a few minutes.
:)

Thanks,
Dale Larner

:clap:

#11    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,730 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

I don't for a moment believe that Vincent Van Gogh was - or could have been Jack the Ripper...

However, good luck with your book. Getting published is a difficult feat and you are to be commended for 'sticking with it' through the process...

#12    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

First of all: No disrespect to you mr. Larner, and good luck with the book.

I have to say: the "evidences" you have against your suspect are incredibly weak, and your theory is based on nothing more than speculation and fantasy. Where are the real evidences ?? Show me the evidences. If you were a serious researcher you wouldn't have shared the info about what you "found" in the pictures, you would have shared a timeline of events proving that Van Gogh might have committed the crimes or some kind of SOLID evidences linking him to the crimes. There's nothing in the pictures resembling the face or body of Mary Kelly, absolutely nothing. Wishful thinking on your part ?? probably. You are accusing a man of being a serial killer, you need real evidences to accuse somebody of such a crime.

Instead of sharing with us the thing you "found" in the pictures, again something based on fantasy and whishful thinking in my opinion, why don't you share more about the handwriting analysis you made ?? And you compared Van Gogh's handwriting to which one of the Ripper letters ?? Because now most researchers agree that only 2, maybe 3, of them were authentic.

Of course you'll be able to find a publisher. Why ?? Because your theory is sensational and your suspect is a well-known artist, exactly the type of books that might attract the attention of people who wants nothing more than a good read. I, as a criminology student, wants more than a good read and a sensational theory based on nothing more than speculation and fantasy, therefore I won't buy your book sir. With all my respect, of course. :yes:

If indeed you have REAL, solid evidences against your suspect then share them with us instead of talking about what you allegedly found in the pictures. The fact you talk about the pictures instead of talking about the handwriting, instead of sharing a timeline of events showing that Van gogh might have committed the crimes is highly suspicious to me.

Last thing: I've seen that you used the tag "Case solved" for this thread; no, the case is not solved, we need real solid evidences to close a case.

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 25 May 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#13    HowNutsAreYou

HowNutsAreYou

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Depressingly stupid. 10 OUT OF 10 from HNAY

#14    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,021 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

I gotta say, I'm pretty leery of the notion that Van Gogh was the Ripper just because some of his paintings got some weirdness going on.

What would he motive have been? He would have had to have some serious motive going on for him to decide to nip out the hundreds of miles and days of travel between the south of France and London just to knock off some, er, ladies of the night.

And besides, Van Gogh may not really have been accountable to anyone in Arles, but to my understanding it's pretty well documented that he was there and painting when the commonly accepted murders happened. If some of the other alleged victims were indeed the Rippers work, it becomes even more difficult to imagine that Van Gogh did it.

I too would be interested to know if there was any sort of handwriting analysis between what may be the Rippers handwriting and Van Gogh... Unlike the Ripper, there are several known examples of Van Goghs writing, especially during the Arles era.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,166 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

This is the face the OP is talking about. How on earth he can tell its a human face and who it belongs to, I have no idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users