Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

I am an orb hunter, this was taken in.....

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,084 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostWiccy, on 27 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

i know you cant kill every bug in the damn house did i say that anywhere?
i just said that i had removed the ones that i saw............................
Well, you did say this about possible bugs in the room you were filming in:

Wiccy said:

i for one know there arent any in there

Which is pretty much a statement of absolute fact that there was no insects in the room.

Edited by Archimedes, 27 January 2013 - 05:52 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#17    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

:no:  Oh man...

#18    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,239 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

well i  havent been orb hunting for very long surely that was plain to see
Yes, it was.

i have been studying for quite some time before taking the plunge into filming
Studying what?  How did you apply those studies to this footage, which shows a HUGE number of 'orbs'?

i know you cant kill every bug in the damn house did i say that anywhere?
Here, you said:

..i am thorough in my cleaning..
..always check around for bugs and whatever before i get into bed as i always have a fear of swallowing said bugs..
..i for one know there arent any in there as windows and doors are closed..

I think that pretty much covers it...  Given those comments I invite anyone to review the video and tell me if that is a thoroughly clean room with no bugs ... and nothing being deliberately introduced from the right..

Wiccy could prove me wrong quite easily by re-doing the video and panning around properly, but instead of offering anything to back up the claims ... it's run away time..

i just said that i had removed the ones that i saw
Not according to the quote I just gave.

..also think some of you forgot the rules on here too..
Be specific, and quote what it is that upset you so deeply..  And wouldn't it be better to report the issue to the moderators rather than handwave on the thread?

well i wont be posting anymore thats for sure
Your choice - but it seems you could have defended your claim quite easily, if it was defensible.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#19    girlgodx

girlgodx

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs, energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance, that of course creates a orb shape. im not saying this person caught an actual orb though as to me the way all the particles seem to float with the movment of air it looks like dust. there are a few that seem to move differently and more noticable, but with the ammont of dust going on its almost immposible to say there is anything more than dust here, not to sound offensive we all get dust. but if you want to make films and think theres really something going on that needs documenting in your room i would dust first really well, vaccum, laundry, everything even the fan blades. then wait a day for everything to settle and try again.

i myself along with others at the same time has seen real "orbs" of light in person, on a couple occasions at the same time. so there is something to be said about it. no that doesnt mean every orb shape caught on camera is a genuine "orb" due to cameras unfortunate ways of making benign objects appear like orbs too. but it does not dismiss the fact there are real energy sources that appear in the orb shape.

that being said anyone here that is immature as to laugh off the subject of orbs needs to examine their own quality of knowledge on the subject...

Edited by girlgodx, 28 January 2013 - 04:28 AM.

am i alive and dreaming or dead and remembering

#20    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

i m believe orbs are real .. but this video only shows dust ! just like my baby camera to watch my kids at night . i see them also , moving just like that ... ( i seen orbs with my naked eyes, and they dont move like that ! )
orbs appears and dissapears . real orbs arent moving at all ! tahts my experience !

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe, 28 January 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#21    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

this wolf is dead.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#22    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,239 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Postgirlgodx, on 28 January 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs
To be fair, it's *this* particular example that attracted mirth, and I think the reasons for that are rather self-explanatory..  And in fact the vast majority of 'orbs' presented here are *very* obviously caused by very well-known and very well-understood optical issues - namely items that are near to the lens and therefore thrown out of focus..  I''d be delighted to see some that aren't - see below..

energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance
And how many day-to-day examples of that type of energy phenomena, can you point to?  Ball lightning/plasma perhaps - these are INCREDIBLY rare and it was pretty clear from the OP video that these 'orbs' were not emitting any light of their own.

More importantly, the type of 'orb' I am referring to, namely that which is caused by nearby objects (dust, bugs, the innards of a pillow......) being out of focus, is INCREDIBLY commonplace.  So which is more likely in this case, especially given a videographer that was so obviously shy about pointing in the direction of the source of the 'orbs'?

im not saying this person caught an actual orb though as to me the way all the particles seem to float with the movment of air it looks like dust.

I'm glad you agree.

no that doesnt mean every orb shape caught on camera is a genuine "orb" due to cameras unfortunate ways of making benign objects appear like orbs too.

I just don't get that statement.  "Unfortunate"???  Why is it unfortunate?  Photographers like me love being able to throw stuff out of focus - that's why we seek out cameras with larger sensors - they do it better - and there's a branch of science that studies it...  It's what cameras DO.

What *is* unfortunate is that people unfamiliar with very basic optical effects go wandering around the Interwebz and instead of actually researching the effect, they get preyed upon by (or just deliberately seek out) orb believers who then convince them that their out of focus dust motes or bugs (or pillow guts) are something special.

I'm quite happy to entertain the idea of 'energy orbs' - so if anyone can show me an image of one that isn't very obviously an out of focus dust mote, PLEASE do!  And I'm happy to explain how you can spot the optical ones, what they normally look like, under what conditions they are most likely and with what type of cameras/camera settings you are most likely to capture them..

that being said anyone here that is immature as to laugh off the subject of orbs needs to examine their own quality of knowledge on the subject...
I think a little laughter is quite healthy.. but call me immature if you like - anyway, how about providing some evidence of the 'real' ones?

Edited by Chrlzs, 28 January 2013 - 11:22 AM.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#23    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Orb hunter.

Must.......resist.....the temptation......of the......multitude.....of......obvious......jokes......

#24    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs, energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance, that of course creates a orb shape. im not saying this person caught an actual orb though as to me the way all the particles seem to float with the movment of air it looks like dust. there are a few that seem to move differently and more noticable, but with the ammont of dust going on its almost immposible to say there is anything more than dust here, not to sound offensive we all get dust. but if you want to make films and think theres really something going on that needs documenting in your room i would dust first really well, vaccum, laundry, everything even the fan blades. then wait a day for everything to settle and try again.

i myself along with others at the same time has seen real "orbs" of light in person, on a couple occasions at the same time. so there is something to be said about it. no that doesnt mean every orb shape caught on camera is a genuine "orb" due to cameras unfortunate ways of making benign objects appear like orbs too. but it does not dismiss the fact there are real energy sources that appear in the orb shape.

Wrong again...  As I have repeatedly stated in various orb threads, over the last 30+ years I have sporadically seen what I have perceived to be small self-illuminated balls of light (deliberately avoiding referring to orbs...), invariably either red or blue in color, and between 1cm to 5cm in size.  I have seen these while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.
In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated balls of light on camera - either film or digital media.  As a researcher that raises a significant alarm, as it does make me question whether these balls of light actually exist in front of my eyes at all, or whether they are some sort of artefact like phosphenes, or indeed some defect, in either the eye or the optic nerve.  
So yes I have regularly perceived something strange, but even after all this time my personal jury is still out on what exactly these things are, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#25    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,239 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 28 January 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Wrong again...  As I have repeatedly stated in various orb threads, over the last 30+ years I have sporadically seen what I have perceived to be small self-illuminated balls of light (deliberately avoiding referring to orbs...), invariably either red or blue in color, and between 1cm to 5cm in size.  I have seen these while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.
In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated balls of light on camera - either film or digital media.  As a researcher that raises a significant alarm, as it does make me question whether these balls of light actually exist in front of my eyes at all, or whether they are some sort of artefact like phosphenes, or indeed some defect, in either the eye or the optic nerve.  
So yes I have regularly perceived something strange, but even after all this time my personal jury is still out on what exactly these things are, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.
That's interesting, OA - may I, not entirely in humour, suggest that you need to take a friend with you on your outings!  Do you only see these things during these sessions, ever at other times, eg lying in bed in the dark, or in daytime?  Do you have any blood pressure issues, and have you asked a Dr/GP or better yet, ophthalmologist?

#26    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sorry if you feel people have been short or abrupt with you.  There are just so many people who come here, post things asking what they think, then knock back any sceptical posts by being insistant that what they show just has to be paranormal.

To me, it does look like dust blowing about.  Sometimes dust is hard to see with the naked eye but a camera can pick it up.  I'd certainly look forward to seeing more videos if you make them.  Maybe as someone else suggested, move the camera around so people can get an idea of the surrounding area.

#27    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,779 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

well i  havent been orb hunting for very long surely that was plain to see, i have been studying for quite some time
before taking the plunge into filming, i know you cant kill every bug in the damn house did i say that anywhere?
i just said that i had removed the ones that i saw............................also think some of you forgot the rules on here too
well i wont be posting anymore thats for sure
Welcome to UM Wiccy!

People have responded the way they have because there are many threads on here that clearly explain what orbs are and that they are nothing paranormal. There has been much discussion about it but it has been explained many times and there are constantly new threads popping up about it.
You should search the forums and have a read ;)

Can someone please provide a link to 'the truth about orbs' or some other thread which clearly explains what they are...

Probably a good idea to link to a 'rods' thread too as we're talking about flying insects.

Edit: And the people on here talking about 'real' energy orbs etc, well that's just a different misconception altogether.

Edited by Timonthy, 29 January 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

#28    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

That's interesting, OA - may I, not entirely in humour, suggest that you need to take a friend with you on your outings!  Do you only see these things during these sessions, ever at other times, eg lying in bed in the dark, or in daytime?  Do you have any blood pressure issues, and have you asked a Dr/GP or better yet, ophthalmologist?
We used to take part in many local group skywatches in the 1990s, but we never had a corroboratory ball of light (BOL) sighting by multiple people during one of these (and when a number of us were experimenting with the night/flash orb photography - 35mm film in those days); this is despite some of us frequently seeing them on other occasions while alone - that in itself was/is a curious aspect.
My own BOL sightings were always during dusk/night hours, the vast majority outside; but when I have taken a film/digital image while apparently visually seeing a BOL nothing has been recorded, this has to be a major flag, and it must be highly doubtful these BOLs physically exist external to the perception of the viewer.  I haven't seen a BOL, or indeed experienced any remotely paranormal event for 5 years (since I turned 50), this may be down to some sort of physical/psychological change of ageing - still trying to work that one out.
Eyesight was/is corrected by prescription glasses (myopia and astigmatism), and while blood pressure has been slightly above normal for many years, its never been of sufficient concern to my doctor to require medication.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#29    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,084 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs, energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance, that of course creates a orb shape.
Example?

The only examples I can think of are energy sources like stars which are orb shaped only because they are so massive that their gravity forces them into a sphere shape (and not because they emit energy at "an equal distance") or man made objects like light bulbs with cloudy glass designed to diffuse the light giving the appearance of a glowing orb.

In the case of orbs, if it was really a glowing ball and not an optical illusion caused by the camera, then the energy clearly doesn't emit just to a certain distance and stop, it is radiating light equally in all directions outward from the surface of the orb so at least there is some sort of process emitting light at that boundary.  I'd be interested in examples other than orbs to illustrate what you are suggesting.  What kind of energy travels outward from a central point and stops at the same distance in all directions and what causes it to stop?

Edited by Archimedes, 29 January 2013 - 06:31 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#30    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,239 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 29 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

We used to take part in many local group skywatches in the 1990s, but we never had a corroboratory ball of light (BOL) sighting by multiple people during one of these (and when a number of us were experimenting with the night/flash orb photography - 35mm film in those days); this is despite some of us frequently seeing them on other occasions while alone - that in itself was/is a curious aspect.
My own BOL sightings were always during dusk/night hours, the vast majority outside; but when I have taken a film/digital image while apparently visually seeing a BOL nothing has been recorded, this has to be a major flag, and it must be highly doubtful these BOLs physically exist external to the perception of the viewer.  I haven't seen a BOL, or indeed experienced any remotely paranormal event for 5 years (since I turned 50), this may be down to some sort of physical/psychological change of ageing - still trying to work that one out.
Eyesight was/is corrected by prescription glasses (myopia and astigmatism), and while blood pressure has been slightly above normal for many years, its never been of sufficient concern to my doctor to require medication.

Thanks OA, that was interesting, even though it hasn't helped much to pin anything down. :D

Just as an aside, I've seen a few interesting eye-brain effects like the well known 'stars' on a few occasions, but they were related either to a blow to the head or extreme tiredness combined with getting up suddenly...  and as those are just very bright points of light that move across your vision, I guess the physiological explanation is fairly easy to accept.  Other than that, I've noticed that if I drive along a straight road for WAY too long, once I stop I get an odd effect where what could best be described as small fuzzy, translucent clouds that are cluttered near the horizon move outwards from the centre of my vision and fade, being continually replaced by new ones.  They obviously correspond to the vanishing point on the road ahead that was engraved into my vision - it's sort of like that inverted Jesus image, I guess!  After ten minutes or so of rest, they go..

But.. as I've described elsewhere, about a year back I saw an optical effect that I simply couldn't believe.  Again, it was related to tiredness and a bit of a headache, but I was just idly staring out a window when this weird pattern began to appear.  It could best be described as the sort of effect that you get viewing crystaline metallic structures in polarised light - lots of 'shards' of colours in rainbow hues.  And the pattern just grew and grew - I was afraid I was going insane or having a weird dream! - it eventually covered about 45 degrees of my central field of view.  I could still adequately see 'reality' through the pattern, but it sure was weird.  The patterns were semi-transparent, but quite sharp and geometric, with a slight pulsating quality.  But then it began to fade again and after fifteen minutes or so it was gone and my vision was back to normal - it was an extremely disconcerting episode.  I went online and was relieved to see I wasn't mad, that it was an effect associated with migraine headaches (which, interestingly, I don't have a problem with normally) and wasn't really anything to worry about unless it frequently recurred.  I've seen it once more, very briefly and not as vivid, over the last 12 months so I'm not panicking yet..

Anyway, I know that's not really related to your sightings, but it taught me something new about what the brain and eye can get up to when they feel like playing practical jokes..

BTW, yes, that was all just a personal anecdote, so feel free to believe it or not!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users