Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How Can I Meet Aliens and Get Abducted?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#46    Transhumanism

Transhumanism

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:20 PM

There's no way to decide what's the truth.

I agree, "truth" is limited to the biological mechanisms of our brains and what our brains can perceive.  "Truth" to a lizard would be very different from "Truth" to a human, for example.

On the other hand, we can use the scientific method to at least produce repeatable and practical results, or at least results that our brains perceives as repeatable and practical.

There's not even a hint to the possiblity of evolution.

Evolution by definitions simply means any changes in gene frequency of a population.  This can be witnessed, and has been witnessed, within a generation.  What is debatable between Christians and atheist scientists though is HOW MUCH gene frequency shifting has occured.  Has enough gene frequency shifting occured to which a monkey has changed to humans over thousands of years?  Or is gene frequency shifting only at a very low level where things like genetic diseases, skin/eye/hair color, height, etc. have changed a bit in a population.

I would be happy just to go to heaven as myself, no perfect body, no immortality, just a chance to witness something beautiful.

Let's say there was no Heaven and you only get to meet your deity and then die for ever.  What if suddenly your deity offers you eternal life in Heaven?  Would you take it?

Sorry if I have offended you

No need to apologize, I never get offended.

Edited by Transhumanism, 09 May 2004 - 10:20 PM.

Don't be a weenie, become a Transhumanist: http://www.transhumanism.org/   The SCIENTIFIC movement to become biologically powerful

#47    Transhumanism

Transhumanism

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

The very idea that I'll just blink out of existance is appauling and a bit scary.

So first you say you don't care whether or not your diety gives you immortality, but then you say you are scared of being dead for ever, indicating that  you DO wish your deity will give you immortality.  I rest my case.

Don't be a weenie, become a Transhumanist: http://www.transhumanism.org/   The SCIENTIFIC movement to become biologically powerful

#48    cor_raven

cor_raven

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

• Owner of the One and only Dancing Chupacabras

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:06 AM

huh.gif man there gonna have to move this againthis time to the religion section

Posted Image
I HAVE SEEN THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN....................AND IT IS GOOD
6*7=42, it's all you need to know
The Barman And UA's Avitars

I HATE SAURKRAUT

#49    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

I just want to say that I really dislike people like you because you go through and tear apart every single thing I have to say so that you can prove you're right.  You need to understand something son: YOU'RE NOT RIGHT!  THERE'S NO WAY TO PROVE THAT YOU'RE RIGHT!  I BELIEVE IN WHAT I WANT TO AND I STATE MY BELIEFS ONLY TO TRY AND HELP THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW!  I ADMIT THAT I MAY BE WRONG, BUT I DON'T GO AROUND TRASHING OTHER PEOPLE'S ARGUEMENTS BY TAKING QUOTES OF SOMETHING YOU'VE SAID AND TEARING THEM APART!  

**Saucy takes deep breaths and remembers he is a Christian**  

Yes, I am scared of dying.  I don't want to die, but if my God doesn't want to give me immortality, so what.  I won't even know what hit me after I die.  That doesn't mean anything, me being afraid of death.  That doesn't mean I crave immortality.  It would be nice, yeah, but I don't worship because of it or to gain any reward.  Honestly, I don't deserve them and neither do you.  Nobody deserves these superpowers.  You're all moping around, probably crying because you're living in poverty and you think the whole world owes you something....WAKE-UP!  WE DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING.  YOU ARE NOBODY, JUST LIKE ME, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  IF THERE IS A GOD, THEN HE'S WHAT THERE IS.  IF THERE IS NO GOD, THEN THERE'S NOTHING, NO REASON FOR LIVING, NO PURPOSE FOR US BEING HERE...NOTHING!  THERE ARE MILLIONS, MAYBE BILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE IT MUCH, MUCH WORSE THAN YOU DO BUT YOU WANT IT ALL, ALIEN SUPERNATURAL POWERS; TO BENEFIT FROM THEIR TECHNOLOGY.  YOU DON'T DESERVE THEM!  

Instead of making your life better, try making the lives better of those who are truly suffering.  Stop making people feel sorry for you, stop trying to prove everyone else wrong when you're the one who is searching for answers yourself and stop looking for something better because it's just not there.  Everyone here suffers, from royalty to the poorest peasant.  They say money makes things better, but it doesn't.  It won't help you find what you're looking for.  Supernatural powers won't get you anywhere but maybe locked up in the loony bin.  God bless you, if you let him.  Don't wait for something wonderful and marvelous to drop into your lap.  Get out there and look for it!

#50    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:28 PM

lol settle down there, saucy.
*gives saucy a bowl of soup*
so long as you feel you know what's right for you, and you've proven you do, you've done something many people can't do. i can't say for sure anything with that kind of certainty. don't let people like trans bug ya.

Don't wait for something wonderful and marvelous to drop into your lap. Get out there and look for it!

well put. now if only i wasn't so lazy... whistling2.gif  

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#51    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

I agree with a lot of what you say, Saucy, but can we all try to keep this civil or this thread will be locked.

#52    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:35 PM

Sorry Aslan...i'm cool  cool.gif  

#53    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:40 PM

Yes, I can see just how advantageous and beneficial a category devoted to religious topics will be.  rolleyes.gif  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#54    cor_raven

cor_raven

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

• Owner of the One and only Dancing Chupacabras

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:48 PM

Keep it together suacy were all in this together. Wait magic you meen there isn't one. oh this has come as qiute a shock i i i don't feel so good abo- hey pizza grin2.gif later suka

Posted Image
I HAVE SEEN THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN....................AND IT IS GOOD
6*7=42, it's all you need to know
The Barman And UA's Avitars

I HATE SAURKRAUT

#55    loud 1.1

loud 1.1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:21 PM

did anyone see that PENN and TELLER show they did on alien abduction?

they sprayed an anal sex toy silver and showed it to a number of 'abductees',stating that it was a model,based on abductees memories of a probe....

one women held it and said she felt very uncomfortable holding it as it brought back bad memories,and that it WAS in fact exactly the same as the probe used on her....

hmmm.

#56    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:56 AM

I dunno, the way I see it the only thing im afraid of is being abducted by aliens(well there are a few other things but that is the main one), and wouldnt it actually happening to me make me not afraid of it.

either that or it would destroy my mind

loud 1.1: lol your machine like

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#57    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:19 AM

There can't possibly be any more advice to add to this thread .

and seeing as Transhumanism is no longer with us .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users