Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#61    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm still waiting to see the "laws" suggesting demons are real and have a right to an attorney and free trial ....

OMG what I wouldn't give to see a demon and his ex-host arguing on Judge Judy or some such....that would be rich.

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 12 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#62    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 12 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

psyche,  its funny you should mention Rosewell I actually dont  believe there was a ship that crashed there but I read something about the government testing on live handicap people and that  they were testing how high altitude effected the body. What crashed at Roswell was a balloon with disabled japanese, now these people had deformities due to there various handicaps and thats why people say that they saw  humanoid bodies being taken out of the ship.  But it really wasnt a ship it was a balloon.

Gidday Mate

I do know of the hypothesis, Anthony Bragalia had the story on his site a little while back. I just found his supporting information to be rather shaky, and was not convinced that was the case, but I agree no saucer. I favoured the MOGUL hypothesis for some time, but one UM member has produced his own Hypothesis which points the finger at an Intelligence Operation. I did my level best to find holes in his hypothesis, and was unable to. To me, Lost Shamans Intel Ops Hypothesis seems to be by far the best answer to the Roswell Incident.

Cheers

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#63    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostHazzard, on 12 February 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

The reason why people from around the world through out history have reported "the same" things might have something to do with our brains being wired in the same way. The human mind is a powerful and mysterious thing.

A few examples, here.

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

http://en.wikipedia....one_personality

As for people being "honest" in their reports.  If they truly believed they saw a ghost its only natural they would react in the proper manner,... adrenalin rush, fight or flight response, blood going where its needed the most, leaving the face, etc,... even recalling the story could be very hard for them.

This is why eyewitness testimony is considered the least credible form of evidence.

That's not impossible. It could be that such beings and events are akin to universal archetypes. That said, I still believe many of the accounts. I'm not convinced that they're *not* paranormal.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#64    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 13 February 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

That's not impossible. It could be that such beings and events are akin to universal archetypes. That said, I still believe many of the accounts. I'm not convinced that they're *not* paranormal.

Indeed it is not impossible it happens.

Did you not say that your belief based upon personal observations though? That again seems like you are putting the cart before the horse if you are speculating that Demons and Aliens may have some connection, but I do not honestly know how many people who consider alien life also consider the religious demon in antiquity. You are mixing science and superstition, they tend to repel each other like like poles of a magnet. To simply say "they misinterpreted" is already well and truly the realm of both AA, and cults like the Raellian's. And we know how "factual" both of those nonsense camps are.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#65    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

In a nutshell, aliens are not part of our world because movement of UFOs oppose the Newtonian laws of physics, so they might me acutally using 4th dimension to pull their stunts. Also , you have many individuals who claim they are in telepathical contact with aliens, and they are conveying messages that basically dispute the Bible. Then you have spirits and ghosts who also have tendency to appear and dissapear from nowhere, are conveying their messages who also dispute the Bible. In conclusions, aliens, spirits and demons are all the same, 4th dimensional beings who use every opportunity to spread their lies. Final proof is that power of Holy Spirit disables alien and ghosts manifestation, just like demon appearance.

#66    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,679 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

It's not true the people around the world report the same things.  What happens is that what they report gets translated, and in the process turned into the same thing.

For example, the word in Vietnamese generally translated "ghost" is not the same thing at all as a Western-style ghost, but the difference gets lost when the translation happens.  A demon is similar, or a dragon, or a witch, or whatever.  You never see reports of alien abductions here.  It is not part of the culture.  There are no near-death experiences either, except among Catholics, and these are all visions of the Virgin.

#67    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Very interesting point is made here:

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 February 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

You never see reports of alien abductions here.  It is not part of the culture.

If aliens are really what they claim to be, wouldn't there be similar distribution of abductions across the world? But because people in Vietnam don't actually have cultural stories about abductions, "aliens" have no power there.
This is precisely the case of demonic work: their power is only equal to how much people believe in them.

#68    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,603 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 12 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

psyche,  its funny you should mention Rosewell I actually dont  believe there was a ship that crashed there but I read something about the government testing on live handicap people and that  they were testing how high altitude effected the body. What crashed at Roswell was a balloon with disabled japanese, now these people had deformities due to there various handicaps and thats why people say that they saw  humanoid bodies being taken out of the ship.  But it really wasnt a ship it was a balloon.

body snatchers?

#69    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Guys, please,... Shoehorning is an extremely safe procedure, since it cant be proven wrong... The Friendly Atheist has one such story.These parrots are almost enough to make you believe in reincarnation.

Shoehorning ET into the mix to try and explain angels and Gods, or vice versa, is a very slippery slope.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#70    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,451 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostAmalthe, on 13 February 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Also , you have many individuals who claim they are in telepathical contact with aliens, and they are conveying messages that basically dispute the Bible. Then you have spirits and ghosts who also have tendency to appear and dissapear from nowhere, are conveying their messages who also dispute the Bible.
There are far more real things that dispute the Bible.

Final proof is that power of Holy Spirit disables alien and ghosts manifestation, just like demon appearance.
What proof? Skepticism does the same.

#71    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 10 February 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Well Aleister Crowley was into the dark arts and black magick, and He conjured up this Entity called LAM which he drew a picture of and bears a striking resemblence to the Grey aliens...

Iv always been interested in the lost time aspect of the whole ETH.

Never heard of that, but I found the whole story:

http://www.bibliotec...enciareal07.htm

#72    Winterwind

Winterwind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

It has probably already been said but... I think it's far more like that demons are aliens as opposed to aliens being demons. After all, Bones did point out that was how Spock could be perceived.

And that of course would require either to exist and be visiting us.

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online
- http://www.winterwind-productions.com
- Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#73    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 February 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Gidday Mate

I do know of the hypothesis, Anthony Bragalia had the story on his site a little while back. I just found his supporting information to be rather shaky, and was not convinced that was the case, but I agree no saucer. I favoured the MOGUL hypothesis for some time, but one UM member has produced his own Hypothesis which points the finger at an Intelligence Operation. I did my level best to find holes in his hypothesis, and was unable to. To me, Lost Shamans Intel Ops Hypothesis seems to be by far the best answer to the Roswell Incident.

Cheers
Its like I said I dont think an alien spaceship crashed at Roswell, something did happen I think though and Im not sure what it was

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#74    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 February 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

It's not true the people around the world report the same things.  What happens is that what they report gets translated, and in the process turned into the same thing.

For example, the word in Vietnamese generally translated "ghost" is not the same thing at all as a Western-style ghost, but the difference gets lost when the translation happens.  A demon is similar, or a dragon, or a witch, or whatever.  You never see reports of alien abductions here.  It is not part of the culture.  There are no near-death experiences either, except among Catholics, and these are all visions of the Virgin.

I don't agree. I'm referring to descriptions of grays. I'm referring to myriad experiences. Some have nothing to do with paranormal events or strange stories. It could be descriptions of a criminal, for example. Say that the witnesses all saw a tall thin Latino with a hook for an arm. There's a consistency to their accounts. You can put more importance on these descriptions than one that deviates from them. Fifty people from varied backgrounds describe the suspect in almost identical ways. One man claims that the suspect is a fat Black man, and one man claims that the suspect is a skinny White woman. The consistent descriptions are much more credible. That's how I judge the validity of many claims, but I realize that some people reflexively dismiss all claims because they refuse to step out of their boxes. For example, militant atheists and religious fanatics won't entertain opposing views. They already know it all. They won't even listen to other people who don't share their "boxes". They're welcome to their beliefs, but they should realize that they have no monopoly on the truth.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#75    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostAmalthe, on 13 February 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Very interesting point is made here:

If aliens are really what they claim to be, wouldn't there be similar distribution of abductions across the world? But because people in Vietnam don't actually have cultural stories about abductions, "aliens" have no power there.
This is precisely the case of demonic work: their power is only equal to how much people believe in them.

Okay this doesn't make sense then. What you are implying (unless I have completely misunderstood) is that if a group does not believe in demons/aliens then they cannot be affected? By that I mean the whole range of freaky behavior attributed to aliens/demons.

This sounds like the best defense is simply to not believe in either. I move to stop the madness and forget about alienz and demonz then they'll have nothing over us. JMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users