Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Poll: [Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident (156 member(s) have cast votes)

What happened to them?

1. Murder (9 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

2. Alien Abduction (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

3. Bigfoot (4 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. Werewolves/Vampire /Skinwalkers (6 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Government Cover-up (29 votes [18.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.59%

6. Gang Attack (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Supernatural Causes (21 votes [13.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

8. Other (64 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Samuronin

Samuronin

Most Valuable Player

• 3,048 posts

• "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

Dyatlov Pass Incident

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#2    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

View PostSamuronin, on 14 March 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

It was an unfortunate hiking accident which can easily be explained. They were the unfortunate victims of an avalanche and hypothermia. The reason they were partially dressed can be explained by paradoxical undressing.

The reason the bodies had a strange tint was due to the fact that they had lain dead in the sun for a number of days. The woman with the missing tongue could be attributed to scavengers, since that is one of the parts they will go for first. The three hikers with the crushed bodies and the torn tent all point to an avalanche as the cause.

Also, claims about radiation and orange spheres do not appear in the original inquest, which suggest they were add much later.

It was a sad, tragic accident, but nothing paranormal.

#3    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostKroe, on 14 March 2010 - 07:53 PM, said:

It was an unfortunate hiking accident which can easily be explained. They were the unfortunate victims of an avalanche and hypothermia. The reason they were partially dressed can be explained by paradoxical undressing.

The reason the bodies had a strange tint was due to the fact that they had lain dead in the sun for a number of days. The woman with the missing tongue could be attributed to scavengers, since that is one of the parts they will go for first. The three hikers with the crushed bodies and the torn tent all point to an avalanche as the cause.

Also, claims about radiation and orange spheres do not appear in the original inquest, which suggest they were add much later.

Very succinctly put.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#4    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

View PostMattshark, on 14 March 2010 - 07:59 PM, said:

Very succinctly put.

Thank you. Posted Image

#5    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,509 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

What Kroe said so eloquently.

Thread on the subject here.

Posted Image

#6    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

I put other due to the lack of "fairly well explained as an accident" opition

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#7    Ell

Ell

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

View PostKroe, on 14 March 2010 - 07:53 PM, said:

Excellent analysis. I agree.

#8    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

View PostSamuronin, on 14 March 2010 - 01:28 PM, said:

It's a fascinating case which is most likely due to the electromagnectic field emminating from a flying cryptid imo. The fear factor was enough to send the group into a panic stricken run into the night.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#9    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

View PostSmugfish, on 15 March 2010 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's a fascinating case which is most likely due to the electromagnectic field emminating from a flying cryptid imo. The fear factor was enough to send the group into a panic stricken run into the night.
Most likely how exactly? No please tell me what evidence is there to say it is most likely exactly. Do you actually think when you post this stuff.
Lets look at the odds of this shall we?
Observed instance of such a nonsensical animal = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Guess what the probability based on most likely is for this animal not existing is! 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Please try and learn a little about life on earth before you abuse science any further.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#10    Cetacea

Cetacea

Poltergeist

• 2,352 posts

• "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when it is quite clearly Ocean."

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

View PostSmugfish, on 15 March 2010 - 11:16 AM, said:

Wait, wait, let me guess, the hyrax can fly now!

"There is about as much educational benefit to be gained in studying dolphins in captivity as there would be studying mankind by observing prisoners held in solitary confinement" - Jacques Cousteau

"We're not unique, just at one end of the spectrum."

#11    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

View PostCetacea, on 15 March 2010 - 11:20 AM, said:

Wait, wait, let me guess, the hyrax can fly now!

Dammit you beat me to it. I was going to say the same. So Smugfish, what cryptid is it?

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#12    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

• no, of course i'm not all right. i'm half right. the other half is left.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

hahahahahahahahahaha..... more hyrax stuff........hahahahaha... sorry.... can't stop laughing......
anyway, creepy story nonetheless. the rational explanations given here are the most likely, although all the mystery with the documents makes for an intriguing twist. have to agree with an avalanche, though i don't think scavengers would stop at just a tongue. these are my opinions.

bigdaddyinge

#13    Samuronin

Samuronin

Most Valuable Player

• 3,048 posts

• "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

Most likely how exactly? No please tell me what evidence is there to say it is most likely exactly. Do you actually think when you post this stuff.
Lets look at the odds of this shall we?
Observed instance of such a nonsensical animal = 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Guess what the probability based on most likely is for this animal not existing is! 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Please try and learn a little about life on earth before you abuse science any further.

That as a little rude dude. :lol:

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#14    Isensee

Isensee

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

• "Through the sorrow all through our splendour.
    Don't take offence at my innuendo."

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

View PostSamuronin, on 15 March 2010 - 01:52 PM, said:

I don't think it was rude, just a point needing to be made. There is no evidence whatsoever that there was ever a flying cryptid(if there is any at all) anywhere near the hikers and brighter minds than ours have explained the case quite clearly and logically without divulging in fantastic claims about stuff that does not exist. *shrugs* My bet is, the poster simply was 'slightly' irritated at the "I know this for a fact" attitude of the previous poster when nothing at all what they suggested was ever proven. I know I was.

#15    bigdaddyinge

bigdaddyinge

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

• no, of course i'm not all right. i'm half right. the other half is left.

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

View PostSamuronin, on 15 March 2010 - 01:52 PM, said:

yeah, but you gotta know the whole hyrax thing with smugfish... it's frankly a little insulting to the members of this forum the way he posts the things he does without any explanation of why he thinks that way, then goes on to hijack any other threads he can get his hands on. ask cetacea, who has a uniquely strong fondness for the guy.

bigdaddyinge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users