Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#91    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I disagree, because I just did again on this thread.

Incidentally, Col. Conrad and others were rightly nervous about UFO interest in nuclear weapons, their ability to come and go over secret facilities at all, and even "interfere" with them in some way.

It has happened many times over the decades, more than most people realize.

What if these peculiar aliens feel like setting off a nuclear bomb?  They certainly could if they wanted to.  Some people think that these incursions are not just for purposes of observation but a warning about what they could do if they felt like it.  You see what I mean?

Wasn't there reports of a UFO disabling ICBM's at Malmstrom AFB in 1967 and even reports later that the Soviets had the same ordeal at one of their bases?

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#92    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 29 September 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Wasn't there reports of a UFO disabling ICBM's at Malmstrom AFB in 1967 and even reports later that the Soviets had the same ordeal at one of their bases?

The UFOs were always making incursions at nuclear facilities going back to World War II, and they 'invaded' missile bases and weapons storage areas a number of times, as well as Oak Ridge, Los Alamos and Sandia National Labs.  There are all kinds of investigations and documents to prove this, and indeed it's one of the easiest things we can prove about UFOs.  It's all in the record.

They interfered with missiles a number of times in the 1960s and 1970s, and I was even shown a case where they shot one down over the Pacific.  They followed around our nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers, too, so regardless of what anyone might say on here, they have been a major national security concern going back to the 1940s.  Anyone who says otherwise has simply never looked at the record or just wants to pretend that it doesn't exist.

#93    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

And at these base in Rendlesham, there were about 500 "tactical" nuclear weapons stored.  It wasn't the first time the UFOs had shown an interest in this area, either, since there was another famous case at Bentwaters in 1956.

#94    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,402 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 29 September 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

And at these base in Rendlesham, there were about 500 "tactical" nuclear weapons stored.  It wasn't the first time the UFOs had shown an interest in this area, either, since there was another famous case at Bentwaters in 1956.

What do you suppose the interest is these alleged alien beings have in military weapons?

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#95    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 30 September 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

What do you suppose the interest is these alleged alien beings have in military weapons?

Apart from threatening the future of the human race it threatens their's also.  

Whether that is directly as they come and go here, or indirectly because their evolution is tied into our evolution can only be mooted .

I personally don't think they would be going to this much trouble if their future wasn't somehow at risk.

Posted Image

#96    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

I heard Stanton Friedman commenting on this when asked why aliens may have interest in our development of nuclear weapons...
"Oh crap, the kids have found the matches!"

Maybe ET's have a "policy" against the weaponization of space.  Perhaps if their evolution is far beyond ours, they have advanced beyond using violence to solve disagreements.
Or, maybe they are conquerors of the Universe, and feel we have become a threat.

As usual, every question on this subject leads to more questions.  Someday, hopefully, there will be formal contact and establishment of diplomatic ties.  Until then we will never know what their agenda really is.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#97    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 30 September 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

I heard Stanton Friedman commenting on this when asked why aliens may have interest in our development of nuclear weapons...
"Oh crap, the kids have found the matches!"

Maybe ET's have a "policy" against the weaponization of space.  Perhaps if their evolution is far beyond ours, they have advanced beyond using violence to solve disagreements.
Or, maybe they are conquerors of the Universe, and feel we have become a threat.

As usual, every question on this subject leads to more questions.  Someday, hopefully, there will be formal contact and establishment of diplomatic ties.  Until then we will never know what their agenda really is.

There are several different possibilities, such as "they" do not want the earth to be blown up or damaged environmentally, not necessarily out of any affection for us, but only because this is their zoo, game preserve or living laboratory--whatever term you want to use--and they don't want the place messed up.

Another idea is that they do not want these weapons used on them, and have been sending not-so-subtle warnings for decades that there will be "severe consequences" if anyone tries it.

#98    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

Like I said, I can think of a couple reasons, including that it's just a message to the military against using these weapons, especially against any aliens that might be flying around.

In general, I also think that "they" are just very interested in all these new technical and scientific developments on earth.

#99    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,402 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Wonder what NASA would do if they sent a manned mission to Mars and intelligent life was discovered
there? I'm sure they have a protocol. Just trying to get an idea if we're the visitors.

#100    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 30 September 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Wonder what NASA would do if they sent a manned mission to Mars and intelligent life was discovered
there? I'm sure they have a protocol. Just trying to get an idea if we're the visitors.
They would probably send a team of diplomats:

Posted Image

Edited by synchronomy, 30 September 2012 - 05:32 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#101    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostRyegrog, on 30 September 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

One thing I know for sure is that they have always been under orders NOT to reveal this to the public, going back to the 1950s.

#102    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

For example, the 1960 Brooking Institute report (commissioned by NASA in 1958) concluded that the existence of alien civilizations should NOT be disclosed, at least not until there was a program of "public education".  CIA and military studies reached similar conclusions.

http://www.nicap.org...ngs_summary.pdf

This report gives weight to previous thinking by scholars who have suggested that the earth already may be under close scrutiny by advanced space races. In 1958, Prof. Harold D. Lasswell of the Yale Law School stated:

"The implications of the UFOs may be that we are already viewed with suspicion by more advanced civilizations and that our attempts to gain a foothold elsewhere may be rebuffed as a threat to other systems of public order." (UFO Investigator, Dec. 1958.).

http://www.google.co...-0hwMLWiggJe8QA

#103    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

I also recall a study...NASA commissioned it IIRC, to examine what "civil rights" ET's would have if they were to arrive here.
The conclusion was ZERO.

#104    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 30 September 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

I also recall a study...NASA commissioned it IIRC, to examine what "civil rights" ET's would have if they were to arrive here.
The conclusion was ZERO.

It is against the law in the US for anyone to have contact with them, at least without the proper security clearances and authorizations.

#105    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 September 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

It is against the law in the US for anyone to have contact with them, at least without the proper security clearances and authorizations.

I'm in Canada and I'm not sure about the law up here.  No doubt it is of the same tone.

I have to be honest here.  If I had a personal encounter with ET's and was able to communicate with them, the absolute very LAST phone call I would make would be to any government agency or the police etc...unless I suppose I felt threatened or that they may be a threat to others.
But peaceful encounter...I'd keep it to myself and would think VERY carefully about what, if any, further action I would take.

Edited by synchronomy, 30 September 2012 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users