Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Necromancy

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76    dangit12

dangit12

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• if you like it then do it
    -mick(dangit12) :)

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

well i would want to bring someone from the dead except theres a chance he or she will become a  zombie

#77    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Post0011235813, on 27 February 2011 - 04:33 PM, said:

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead? I aim to find information related to the "mystical" art of bringing
back dead people, or wether you can do it in a more scientific way (say keep a record of their memories and create a new body)
or wether it is COMPLETELY impossible. (I say completely, if you are interested to know why then why not google "parallel dimensions theory")
I am trying to be realistic, NO I do not want to bring back the dead, this is simply hypothetical and out of curiosity.
If you believe/disbelieve then please comment, please give reasons for your opinions.
Thanks.

When we learn how to artificially manipulate and rejuvenate all of the cells in a person's body, then, maybe, resurrection will be possible.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#78    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostArbitran, on 06 September 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

When we learn how to artificially manipulate and rejuvenate all of the cells in a person's body, then, maybe, resurrection will be possible.

I agree

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#79    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostE. L. Wisty, on 21 August 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Scientifically, if your very delicate brain tissues are not somehow preserved within about 15 minutes of your death, I'm afraid you're gone forever. Freezing is unlikely to be the answer. If you don't believe me, there's a very simple experiment you can do. Leave a tomato in the freezer overnight, then thaw it out. See what happens? Well, that's your brain. It should be added that, since we still don't understand exactly how the human brain works, but we do know that various energies are involved, it's very doubtful indeed that freezing the thing solid and then meticulously repairing it on the cellular level with nanobots, assuming this is ever possible, would actually restore your memories and personality. Your best bet is never to be biologically dead at all. Good luck with that!

Spiritually, your survival in any form at all requires some sort of deity to arrange it. Therefore returning somebody from the dead means that you need to strike a bargain with an entity who is automatically vastly superior to you, and, depending on your belief-system, may actually control every aspect of the Universe. Again, good luck with that. You will notice that almost all religions either make this an incredibly rare thing, or give everyone the ability to reincarnate with a convenient case of amnesia. So I'm afraid that unless you take zombie movies way too seriously, or you belong to one of those bonkers micro-religions consisting of ten people who all know they're Joan of Arc, you might as well accept the inevitable.

I haven't mentioned any form of copying for the following reason. Let's assume that I have an identical twin (which, by the way, I don't). My twin is genetically identical to me, and technically a clone. I die, but my twin does not. Am I still alive? No, of course not - identical twins are a fairly common thing known throughout human history, and nobody believes anything that stupid about them. I am dead, but somebody a lot like me lives on. Why would any conceivable method of copying prevent me from dying any better than this? Sorry, mate, you're on a non-starter!

Who said anything about freezing? Not me. And to my beliefs, your twin lives on and you don't because you both have a different soul. Your soul leaves your body when you die.

Posted Image

#80    TheFace

TheFace

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well if u have a persons brain and the memory is strored in the brain and u some how plug that in a moving robot why not u never know.

The Bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

#81    Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Bring them back physically from the dead? Maybe if they were still fresh (like a hour or 2 old)...

After that, I would see decomposition taking too great a toil on the body. And I don't just mean rotting, But also the death of any bacteria that is normally found in the body to help it, and the damage that foreign bacteria would do...

#82    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sooner somebody perfects necromancy the better. Speaking for myself, I have terrible dry skin problems and sometimes bits fall of me. So, necromancers, get working on those spells!

#83    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

I didnt think Necromancy was to actuallly raise the dead but to get information out of them. I didnt think it was suppose to actually be a long lasting thing

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 15 March 2013 - 09:23 PM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#84    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 15 March 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

I didnt think Necromancy was to actuallly raise the dead but to get information out of them. I didnt think it was suppose to actually be a long lasting thing
Correct, though if necromancer performs their art on the dead undead, then they allow someone who was vampire to have some form of existance again. It is a matter of how dead their subject is. There is normal dead, undead and dead undead, a dead vampire, though death is relative to what the gods want it to be.

#85    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 16 March 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Correct, though if necromancer performs their art on the dead undead, then they allow someone who was vampire to have some form of existance again. It is a matter of how dead their subject is. There is normal dead, undead and dead undead, a dead vampire, though death is relative to what the gods want it to be.
Ok because I always see video games like Diablo 2 where the necromancer can actually raise the dead up to fight for him, he was actually my favorite character in that game

#86    The Great Freak

The Great Freak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. MOOOOOO." - Cowbert Milkstein

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View Post0011235813, on 27 February 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

Don't really see any use.
Now back to scientific Necromancy, Anyone have any theory on
how science could bring back the dead?
I think it probably shouldent be possible, but it should be possible to keep a human alive.

#87    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

As non-technology becomes more complex, I wouldn't be surprised to see the advent of immortality or a technological based necromancy like you see in Jason X (yes I know I will burn in hell, a volcano, or the sun for bringing up a spectacularly horrible horror movie as an example).  Now would I want to bring back someone that has passed away if the technology made it possilbe?  I'd have to say no, simple fact is that they are dead and they don't care and bringing someone back to life isn't serving some grand moral imperative, it is sating a selfish belief that you are going to somehow be absolved by the person you bring back to life, either by that person or by society in general.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#88    LEGIONS

LEGIONS

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• We never know how we look ,til we get our picture took

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

It was an honor to spend time with all my dearly depart and am grateful for all of them and this is no time for me to be self absorbed and wish them back ..besides that they have already been given a new body in a new life and what would become of them should the two want to be alive and only the one one spirit to share ...oh my I will shut up I am good at that lol

Posted Image

#89    Teddiumtum

Teddiumtum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Necromancy is not the art of bringing back the dead, but rather speaking with the dead. In fact the word "necromancy" is derived from the Greek words nekros (meaning dead body) and manteia (meaning divination). Sorry to break it to you, but you can't bring back the dead once they are dead.

Edited by Teddiumtum, 11 April 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#90    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostTeddiumtum, on 11 April 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Necromancy is not the art of bringing back the dead, but rather speaking with the dead. In fact the word "necromancy" is derived from the Greek words nekros (meaning dead body) and manteia (meaning divination). Sorry to break it to you, but you can't bring back the dead once they are dead.
Yeah that's what I basically said with my last post on here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users