Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

DNA Proves Bigfoot Is real

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#16    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Fecal detection meter off the charts. If they could provide ONE scenario where a giant hairy ape could survive in that ecological niche it would be a miracle. Instead BF is apparently invisible, desintergrates upon death, does not eat, does not poop, does not mate, does not have children, does not die accidentally, cannot be tracked, sleeps underground or in another dimension, makes no noise that cannot be attributed to another animal or hoaxers, cannot be filmed properly, cannot be photographed (blobsquatches do not count)....etc.

I claim the area I live in is overrun by dodo birds. I have proof because I say so.

I wish they would put this effort into something useful. Then again I suppose it is to them, for fleecing people who do not want to use critical thinking. JMO.

#17    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,636 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 February 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

“I think that the government probably is aware of the subject, but it’s difficult to give acknowledgement to something that they obviously can’t control,” Paulides said.
What does that even mean?

It's a conspiracy to keep the public in the dark. :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#18    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

The printed information flashed by rather quickly in the television video. I did manage to catch certain details. It claimed that the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas did the genetic analysis. This appears to be a real, recognized institution.
SNP  (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) results were mentioned. These reportedly did not match those of known human populations. and on a repeated basis. This nomenclature is correct for a certain genetic determination.
The Illumina Bead Array Assay was referred to. This is an actual  DNA analysis technology.
The samples tested were said to be hairs and blood. It was explained how these were obtained, including protocols for avoiding human contamination. Human samples were used as 'controls' in a comparative analysis.
The statement about the DNA test results not being confirmed by any research institution in the country (USA), could be correct, if only the UT Southwestern Medical Center did the genetic work. Standard scientific practice would next require that other labs repeat, and so confirm, these initial results.

Edited by bison, 14 February 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#19    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,636 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 14 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

You have to clap your hands at the same time.

Nibs

Sorry Nibs, but that's only if you believe in fairies. :devil:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#20    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,090 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 February 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

“I think that the government probably is aware of the subject, but it’s difficult to give acknowledgement to something that they obviously can’t control,” Paulides said.
What does that even mean?
The US government refuses to acknowledge that the sun rises and sets because they can't control that.  Didn't you know that?

They also refuse to acknowledge the existence of stars.  And the fact that 1+1=2.

Edited by Archimedes, 14 February 2013 - 05:42 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#21    Cherokee Wolf

Cherokee Wolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 14 February 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

why do I think the words "Melba" and "Ketchum" are abiut to turn up?

When I saw the headline, I thought the same thing as well.  LOL

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them. -Albert Einstein

#22    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 14 February 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

It's a conspiracy to keep the public in the dark. :lol:

cormac
Posted Image

Posted Image

~MEH~

#23    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,390 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Forgive me as I'm sure I'm not up-to-date.

Has ANY independent, internationally recognized lab verified(or have even been offered a chance to verify) these findings?

#24    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostTia, on 14 February 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

X, so great to see you :).

I guess you know by now though nothing but a dead body is proof to this forum.

It's not what evidence they claim to have, it is the way they go about revealing their discoveries that I find suspicious and arrogant and for the obvious purpose of their "15-minutes" only.

Evidence revelations of these creatures is never handled in a credible grown-up manner, by these 15-minuters.
"We've got proof. Nah nah nah. Just take our word for it!"

Even if I was a believer (which I was once) I couldn't buy what they are selling.

They are all in dire need of some patience and self-control. This is an unusually volatile subject full of hoaxers and frauds. Go through the proper process, get mainstream science behind you,
then reveal your discovery. Otherwise, they are no different from all the story-tellers who have come before them...and they won't be treated any differently or given any credibility they obviously don't care to earn (because they have nothing).

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 February 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#25    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Clone one!

#26    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Here's a great Monstertalk interview with Dr. Todd Disotell (the formerly Mohawked DNA guy) from back in December.  It's a great primer on all of this stuff.

http://www.skeptic.c...rtalk/12/12/05/

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#27    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostRafterman, on 14 February 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Here's a great Monstertalk interview with Dr. Todd Disotell (the formerly Mohawked DNA guy) from back in December.  It's a great primer on all of this stuff.

http://www.skeptic.c...rtalk/12/12/05/

:clap: :clap: :clap: This should be PINNED! (transcript?)
Excellent, Rafterman, thanks.

#28    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 February 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: This should be PINNED! (transcript?)
Excellent, Rafterman, thanks.

Sorry, just had to repeat it...
Listen!

#29    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think Big Foot may very well exist. I remember some years back. I watched a program where they got skeptic scientists and an expert on apes and monkeys and they gave them some samples which included dung  and hair samples of a supposed big foot. All of them agreed the samples were from an unknown animal which was highly likely some sort of ape. There was also a video of a big foot running. And an sprinter tried to run as fast in the same amount of time but couldn't. It was proven that the creature whatever it was couldn't be human because it was to fast to be human.

#30    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostGrey14, on 14 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

That would be the same gene that tells them how big the animal is and how much it weights.

The creature's weight or size is not the same gene. They are separate.
There is no gene that tells the population count.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users