Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

living in a "matrix" created by aliens?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    cityboi

cityboi

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2013

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

We've all seen the movie "The Matrix" where Neo finds out that reality is nothing more than a computer program. There is a similar concept with the holodeck on Star Trek. But what if everything we touch and see is not real? What if our reality is nothing but an illusion created by an extraterrestrial race? Could we really be living in a simulated reality that serves as a distraction? It has been said that facts about the UFO phenomena have been leaked in the movies and tv shows. Did Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek know something? Of all the Star Trek episodes, there is only one that shows a "grey alien" The episode is called  "Future Imperfect" Commander Riker beams down to a planet and he is exposed to gas which causes him to pass out. When he wakes up its 16 years later and he is Captain of the Enterprise. Pickard is now an ambassador. It turned he was in an elaborate hologram reality created by the little alien grey. It's interesting that this particular episode is the only one of all the Star Treks that depicts a grey alien.

"Barash" on Star Trek


Posted Image


Are We Living Inside a Computer Simulation?

http://news.discover...on-2-121216.htm

Edited by cityboi, 28 February 2013 - 01:30 AM.


#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,980 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

There is a similar topic here in Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs. It's an interesting subject to think about.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#3    CT1993

CT1993

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, British Columbia

  • With a Force that can't be compared, to any firepower, for it's mind power shared

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

i don't think aliens could have tech like that.. there's bound to be glitches and other things like that no one is perfect no matter how adanced..


#4    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

    Cheese

  • Member
  • 3,980 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Star Mountain, Corporate States of America

  • We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Another thought. Why would Aliens create a universe like this one? What would be its purpose? Punishment for intelligently evolved life-forms? lol

In my Zarkor and Zerak Alien fiction, the evil Vulgarians created our universe in one of their laboratories out of childish spite.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#5    chuckey

chuckey

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2012

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

way to much info/feelings/scenerios/outcomes to be plausable, i reckon the matrix and similar sci fi toned movies are epic, although in terms of reality they bogus, great concept but unprovable unrealistic reality


#6    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tokyo

  • When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

This is a philosophical question. You can not prove or disprove the claim that we are living in the Matrix, But if we do.... what difference would it make in your life? None, of course.

Or do want to wait for Neo to come and rescue you?
:-*

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#7    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tokyo

  • When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostCT1993, on 28 February 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

i don't think aliens could have tech like that.. there's bound to be glitches and other things like that no one is perfect no matter how adanced..

Are you saying our world is perfect? Gee... you could have fooled me.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#8    Amerix

Amerix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Joined:06 May 2009

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Quote

What if our reality is nothing but an illusion created by an extraterrestrial race?

Then why would they need to supposedly zip around our skies to observe us when they are actually controlling our reality?   This is just ridiculous.  Sorry.


#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,579 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postcityboi, on 28 February 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

We've all seen the movie "The Matrix" where Neo finds out that reality is nothing more than a computer program. There is a similar concept with the holodeck on Star Trek. But what if everything we touch and see is not real? What if our reality is nothing but an illusion created by an extraterrestrial race? Could we really be living in a simulated reality that serves as a distraction? It has been said that facts about the UFO phenomena have been leaked in the movies and tv shows. Did Gene Roddenberry, creator of Star Trek know something? Of all the Star Trek episodes, there is only one that shows a "grey alien" The episode is called  "Future Imperfect" Commander Riker beams down to a planet and he is exposed to gas which causes him to pass out. When he wakes up its 16 years later and he is Captain of the Enterprise. Pickard is now an ambassador. It turned he was in an elaborate hologram reality created by the little alien grey. It's interesting that this particular episode is the only one of all the Star Treks that depicts a grey alien.

"Barash" on Star Trek


Posted Image


Are We Living Inside a Computer Simulation?

http://news.discover...on-2-121216.htm

I think you're watching too much Star Trek.  But I can totally see the appeal of such an existence for some folks.

But, no, this is life.  We live it and make our own choices and decisions.  There's no magical fairy realm after we die and there are no do-overs.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#10    Amerix

Amerix

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Joined:06 May 2009

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I think the OP has been reading a little too much David Icke.


#11    CT1993

CT1993

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, British Columbia

  • With a Force that can't be compared, to any firepower, for it's mind power shared

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 28 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Are you saying our world is perfect? Gee... you could have fooled me.

No i'm not saying we're living in a perfect world im saying IF they did create a matrix reality we would be bound to run across glitches like the moon comin in and out of existance *snip*

Edited by Saru, 01 March 2013 - 09:56 AM.
Removed personal attack


#12    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,441 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Im just waiting for the crash,then they will have to come down and replace the Hard Drives. Or Bettter yet ,Maybe they will give us all Earth 3.0 ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#13    cityboi

cityboi

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:27 Feb 2013

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

I don't know, Ive always wondered why UFOs and the extrateresrrial presence is so secret.....maybe it has to do with the nature of our existance.


#14    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

    Space Cadet

  • Member
  • 5,346 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2001
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chi-Town

  • Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Or perhaps there aren't Aliens on Earth?

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,050 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 28 February 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

This is a philosophical question. You can not prove or disprove the claim that we are living in the Matrix, But if we do.... what difference would it make in your life? None, of course.
I think we conceivably could find ways to discern the difference -- assuming there are "glitches" in the simulation that we discover.  Not dissimilar to discerning whether we live in Euclidean space or some other geometry.

What difference would it make?  I think it would make a huge psychological difference, and probably effect a lot of people's eschatology.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users