Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampirism

LucidElement

PLEASE explain to us what you mean by vampire. Otherwise we are just providing logic and evidence for something you are NOT talking about.

No, again, stories are NOT evidence. Please, link to any stories that CANNOT be explained by either ignorance or mistaken conclusion.

Nibs

Vampire= creature that need's some type of blood to stay alive.

And the internet is so full of false stories that the only way I could talk about sighting's is through interviewing witnesses.

Something that I am currently not able to do.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

if you do know any vampire stories which you believe are true, then please post them...

And the internet is so full of false stories that the only way I could talk about sighting's is through interviewing witnesses.

Most living creatures need blood to stay alive. Do you mean a human that MUST consume blood to stay alive?

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

if you do know any vampire stories which you believe are true, then please post them...

You can find stories that people believe all over the place. It still isn't evidence of their existence.

Nibs

Have there been any vampire sightings where there IS a vampire? NO

Any news reports? NO

The facr that you have not provided concrete eviidence of these sightings make them not real.

I want you to prove me wrong by.]

Showing witness statements

Pictures

Drawings

Newspaper Clippings

Photos

Video tapes

Actual bite marks

This is I want YOU to find. So no stuff from fake vampire websites.

Kind of confused as to why you included drawings. I could sketch a three headed pixie riding a chocolate motorbike while playing the trombone. Would that do as proof that they exist?

(Ok I probably couldn't since I can't draw but you get the idea :P)

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Can you provide a few more details on what you mean by vampire?

Nibs

There are stories of the world being on the back of a turtle. There's stories of animals talking. There's stories of witches stealing men's...members...without them noticing. Doesn't make any of these claims true. Stories are far more likely to be just that. Stories that have been pasted down through the years and across cultures.

As for proving a negative as others have mentioned that's not how it works. So I could claim there are no young, beautiful redheads who are interested in geeky stuff and think the perfect man must work as a system admin in the Canadian federal government four blocks from the Hill. Now prove me wrong! I demand proof...and phone numbers. :P

There are stories of the world being on the back of a turtle. There's stories of animals talking. There's stories of witches stealing men's...members...without them noticing. Doesn't make any of these claims true. Stories are far more likely to be just that. Stories that have been pasted down through the years and across cultures.

As for proving a negative as others have mentioned that's not how it works. So I could claim there are no young, beautiful redheads who are interested in geeky stuff and think the perfect man must work as a system admin in the Canadian federal government four blocks from the Hill. Now prove me wrong! I demand proof...and phone numbers. :P

and pics pls

:P

• 3 months later...

and pics pls

:P

is this thread dead?

Side Note:

spreek je Nederlands?

• 6 months later...

Like i posted on a different thread, the actual drinking of blood is impossible as blood contains way too much iron therefore he would die.

If he wants some solid proof that he is an actual vampire he should be researched and his metabolism should be compared with that of a bat

The first blood transfusion recorded was in 1492, given to Pope Innocentius VIII. The donors were 3 shepherd boys, who all died, probably because of excessive bloodloss. It is not sure of the blood was administered into the veins of if the pope drank it.

• 5 months later...

I showed how the standard idea of a vampire cannot exist. I explained how it flies in the face of biology.

Please give us the definition or description of what you are talking about.

Nibs

True. In addition, it is a logical fallicy to think one can prove a negative. If someone asserts that something exists the burden for proof is on them.

• 3 months later...

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life. However, I find the possibility of vampires existing to be absolutely ridiculous. If you drink blood because you think it keeps you alive, not only are you cannibalistic, but you are also delusional and need to be placed in a mental institution. :sleepy:

a humans stomach is not conditioned to drink blood, soon after it is ingested it is thrown back up again. however there is a condition commonly referred to as the vampire disease which is possibly where the stories came from. you will find in most folklore, myth and legend there is some truth from which it all stems. it is not a coincidence most stories have the same base line. anyway this 'vampire' disease causes severe sensitivity to sunlight in which the victims skin does burn and blister almost immediately after being hit with a ray. also they crave a type of plasma that is found in human blood that they are lacking due to the disease. most common place to find plasma? Human blood which is quite often that they seek it out and drink but they cannot sustain on it nor digest it. usually run in vamp circles as it is not suspicious to act this way when you are pretending to be a vampire.

This guy has some serious mental issues for sure. I have read that the human body can't digest human blood. That you end up vomitting it all up.

a humans stomach is not conditioned to drink blood, soon after it is ingested it is thrown back up again. however there is a condition commonly referred to as the vampire disease which is possibly where the stories came from. you will find in most folklore, myth and legend there is some truth from which it all stems. it is not a coincidence most stories have the same base line. anyway this 'vampire' disease causes severe sensitivity to sunlight in which the victims skin does burn and blister almost immediately after being hit with a ray. also they crave a type of plasma that is found in human blood that they are lacking due to the disease. most common place to find plasma? Human blood which is quite often that they seek it out and drink but they cannot sustain on it nor digest it. usually run in vamp circles as it is not suspicious to act this way when you are pretending to be a vampire.

Can you source this please?

there are plenty of sources. the disease is called porphyria. just look that up or just vampire disease. scientists and medical professionals have done studies and articles. also i mucked up on what they are deficient in, its heme not plasma, i apologise for that stuff up.

although this article is from the '85 it outlines the majority of the common folklore accessories behind vampirism such as garlic and turning others into vampires.

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/31/us/rare-disease-proposed-as-cause-for-vampires.html

note: girls like sparkles....and unicorns....so the next Twitlight movie should have sparkly vampiric unicorns that can take the shape of members of the Jonas Brothers in order to appeal to their audience.)

Now that is frightening!!!!!

• Like 1

a humans stomach is not conditioned to drink blood, soon after it is ingested it is thrown back up again.

People drink / eat blood all the time. Almost every culture has some kind of blood drink or food. See Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, the episode where he goes tho Chile; they have a recipe with fresh lambs blood. Also, haven't you heard of blood sausage? Another episode has Andrew in Finland (I think) eating different recipes of blood sausage or cake. None of the people threw up the blood they consumed. I've tried it, and although I'm not a fan, I did not throw up either.... ;)

People drink / eat blood all the time. Almost every culture has some kind of blood drink or food. See Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, the episode where he goes tho Chile; they have a recipe with fresh lambs blood. Also, haven't you heard of blood sausage? Another episode has Andrew in Finland (I think) eating different recipes of blood sausage or cake. None of the people threw up the blood they consumed. I've tried it, and although I'm not a fan, I did not throw up either.... ;)

cooked is different im talking drinking, like out of the vein. once it is cooked its coagulated and responds differently in our system

I believe alot of the modern lore of vampires were a combination of superstition, history (Bathory), and the source of derivative popular pulp fiction of 18th-19th century gothic horror writers.

But it was Bram Stoker that popularized or rather canonized the rules that govern vampires that continue on to today in fiction, film, and pop culture. Even though he wasnt the first to write a vampire story he was the first to basically lay down the ground rules. He had his influences obviously such as the mediocre purple prose of John Polidori or the masterful short story Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.

Edited by Ambush Bug

Imo its a fetish, some people eat ****e and drink p*** or vomit and blood drinkers fall into this catergory.

lmfao....

Imo its a fetish, some people eat ****e and drink p*** or vomit and blood drinkers fall into this catergory.

lmfao....

That... or a subculture identity invention.

cooked is different im talking drinking, like out of the vein. once it is cooked its coagulated and responds differently in our syst em

I see a bunch of websites that say, , human blood can make you sick, nausea & vomiting. But they are saying it's from pathogens found in blood.

So, you are right in a way. ;)

Edited by Lava_Lady

agreed. oh and if u want to lission to a vampire song. i like this one. i like the beat.

heres a link to lission to the song.

DUDE DO NOT DISGRACE XANDRIA! Just because a song is named "Vampire" does NOT make it a vampire song. You want to listen to a song about drinking blood? Go find Maryln Manson's Heart Shaped Glasses, it's about a blood orgy. Otherwise do not disgrace fantastic artists and their creativity.

I believe alot of the modern lore of vampires were a combination of superstition, history (Bathory), and the source of derivative popular pulp fiction of 18th-19th century gothic horror writers.

But it was Bram Stoker that popularized or rather canonized the rules that govern vampires that continue on to today in fiction, film, and pop culture. Even though he wasnt the first to write a vampire story he was the first to basically lay down the ground rules. He had his influences obviously such as the mediocre purple prose of John Polidori or the masterful short story Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.

Is there any actual proof on Bathory?

Oh and I was niave enough to read all 15 pgs, I must say, it was entertaining. I am a goth, I grew up goth and I love vampire stories, however I am most disappointed to say there is not enough evidence to prove their exsitence. For those of you who believe they are real, maybe they want to STAY HIDDEN AND NOT BE HARRASSED. I would love for vampires to be real. I was totally facinated by Elizbeth's story but let's face it, we can't prove vampires are real, just like we can't prove big foot is real.

I am not here to be a skeptic I am just saying everyone believes different things, so why can't be just accept that and get along? PLEASE, someone tell me Twilight will disappear soon. Who the hell thinks of sparkling vampires, who sneak in minors windows and watch them sleep??? StALKERRRRRRR.... I think I would be more terrified of Edward Cullen than Vlad the Impaler. Oh and in that link in the first post of this massivly long argument, they said "Stella" instead of "Bella," just thought I would point that out.

Edited by camochick

Is there any actual proof on Bathory?

Oh and I was niave enough to read all 15 pgs, I must say, it was entertaining. I am a goth, I grew up goth and I love vampire stories, however I am most disappointed to say there is not enough evidence to prove their exsitence. For those of you who believe they are real, maybe they want to STAY HIDDEN AND NOT BE HARRASSED. I would love for vampires to be real. I was totally facinated by Elizbeth's story but let's face it, we can't prove vampires are real, just like we can't prove big foot is real.

I am not here to be a skeptic I am just saying everyone believes different things, so why can't be just accept that and get along? PLEASE, someone tell me Twilight will disappear soon. Who the hell thinks of sparkling vampires, who sneak in minors windows and watch them sleep??? StALKERRRRRRR.... I think I would be more terrified of Edward Cullen than Vlad the Impaler. Oh and in that link in the first post of this massivly long argument, they said "Stella" instead of "Bella," just thought I would point that out.

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

Any person that claims to be a vampire yet, poops, farts, burps, is just plain disillusioned. If you're putting on make up to create an effect and buying clothes from trendy shops to look the way some other person says vampires are supposed to look then you also fall into the same category. Just be honest and say you like the style. You're not a vampire.

• Like 1