Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

tony blair

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Sanidia Vortez

Sanidia Vortez

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• if every you want to chat you can always email me

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:05 PM

i am myself a british citizen and i think that tony blair can do much more for us.

yes he has promised us better hospitals schools and so on but has he really fullfilled all his promises ? ?

i think not.. to me he is only there so he can control what is going on but that is only my opinion ..

i would like you yours  yes.gif

thankyou for taking the time to read this

~~ Sometimes in this world there are things which people cannot explain....~~

#2    <bleeding_heart>

<bleeding_heart>

Poltergeist

• 2,947 posts

• "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:08 PM

Until the Tories look electable or he hands the reigns to Gordon Brown it doesnt matter, as long as he wants it and his heart beats the job is his.

Posted Image

#3    Sanidia Vortez

Sanidia Vortez

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

very true

#4    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

Tony Blair is an annoying right-winger, however between him and the Tories we have to hope he stays in power. However, luckly Wales and Scotland have a way out of this 'vote Classic Tory (Conservative) or New Tory (Labour)' situation, and I advise them to vote independence and join the European Superstate as soon as possible.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#5    Sanidia Vortez

Sanidia Vortez

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

i cannot agree with you more.... yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif

#6    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:16 PM

Being an American I am very unfamiliar with your politics. The 2 different parties mentioned in these posts, are they similar to the Democrats and Republicans in the United States.
Talon made mention of the  European Superstate, this is also something I am not familiar with. Is this in reference to consortium of European countries currently in financial power?

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#7    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

Being an American I am very unfamiliar with your politics. The 2 different parties mentioned in these posts, are they similar to the Democrats and Republicans in the United States.

Labour is more like the Democrats. The Conservatives are like the Republicans.

However ironically your leader Bush hates the Conservatives and likes the Labour Party, even though Howard has more in common than Bush than Blair. Its probably because Blair, unlike Howard is pro-war and Howard despite being just like Bush policy-wise (minus the religion, which wouldn't get people elected here), is isolationist and wouldn't want to be best friends with Europe or America.

Talon made mention of the European Superstate, this is also something I am not familiar with. Is this in reference to consortium of European countries currently in financial power?

Its the continuing atempt by France and Germany to turn the EU into a more US style system. Its take decades to sort out though.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#8    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:18 PM

Blair is a sniveling pipsqueak, when backed into a corner he hasn't got a clue, what to say. I'd rather we stayed out of the european superstate thanks talon, our grandfathers and ancestors died for our freedom from europe, be it the nazis or the french, they aren't getting us that easily....

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#9    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:35 PM

And my ancestors fought against the rest of Britain for a thousand years, didn't stop some greedy capitalists selling us out in 1707.

And what do you mean freedom? You do know it'll be a democracy right? tongue.gif

Edited by Talon S., 05 January 2005 - 08:35 PM.

#10    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(Talon S. @ Jan 5 2005, 09:35 PM)
And what do you mean freedom? You do know it'll be a democracy right? tongue.gif

View Post

I'm not sure how to understand this, are you being sarcastic saying that democracy is freedom (when it isn't) or saying democracy really is freedom and the jokes on me? mellow.gif

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me

#11    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:47 PM

Well I won't say democracy means freedom no, but I'm just saying its not going to be a dictatorship like under Germany.

#12    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Talon S. @ Jan 5 2005, 09:47 PM)
Well I won't say democracy means freedom no, but I'm just saying its not going to be a dictatorship like under Germany.

View Post

Are you quite sure of that? Lets look at what our own "free" country is doing to itsself right now, Civil Contingencies Bill ring any bells? The UK version of the infamous patriot act.....oh how democracy has fallen....

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me

#13    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:53 PM

Are you quite sure of that? Lets look at what our own "free" country is doing to itsself right now, Civil Contingencies Bill ring any bells? The UK version of the infamous patriot act.....oh how democracy has fallen....

Well like I said, democracy doesn't mean freedom tongue.gif

Most democracies are actually a joke. All are still controlled by elites.

#14    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(Talon S. @ Jan 5 2005, 09:53 PM)
Well like I said, democracy doesn't mean freedom tongue.gif

Most democracies are actually a joke. All are still controlled by elites.

View Post

With that said, i rest my case...

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me

#15    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:12 PM

As most of the people thats have commented on this thread (inc. myself) are under 25 then it is hard for us to realise just how bad a state the united kingdom was in after 18 years of tory rule.

Soaring interest rates.

Economy in utter freefall.

Unemployment breking all records. (In the millions)

Health service utterly destroyed. (10 times worse that it is just now)

Boom and bust policies (much like in america just now) where when the it goes bust it really goes bust and the poor and lower classes foot the bill.

Unions Destroyed

I eman i could go on and on and on.

No matter what childish digs you all aim at tony blair his government has slashed unemployment , controlled interest rates, stopped provatisation, stopped boom and bust , is attemptig to fix the health service instead of privatise it and unemployment is at a RECORD low.

These are the bloody things that matter in life not wether Blair's slightly more right wing than most labour leaders of the past. Thats why they werent in power for 18 years.

This year at the labour party conference i was watching it on tv with my mum , i commented how bad a leader blair has become and she reminded me of just how BAD the tories had been.

To twydp

UNlike talon says we actually have 3 major parties Tabour , Tories and Liber democrats.

The liberal democrats have only made it into power once or twice , the last time was directly after the war where ironically they set up the NHS.

ALthought hey are the 3 major we have many independant parties that make it into parliament , there is a very wide choice to choose from.

Mind you i dont share talons wish for an independant scotland lol ;-) so he would say that the SNP are a better choice , i would rather the tories in power than that bunch of whingeing slimy twats lol.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users