Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] New unbelievable ghost pic utube

Judeaous

Check out this ghost pic..... I think this could be the best

Ghost image ever captured......

Judeaous. (the ghost man)

It looks like a bunch of nothing to me.

Love they way the person in the video says that pareidolia is a just a ''made up word'' Just like his piccies! He freely admits to picking out the ghosts from background noise and enhancing them. Well, anyone could do that and claim to have real ghosts. Is he trying to convince us?,,,,,,or himself lol :)

By the way. Is not every word a made up word? Just a thought :)

Pariedolia is a nonsensical theory adopted by the field of psychology to explain away the supernatural. Before Ole Carl stared up at the man in the moon..... There was no explanation for the REAL phenomenon.... That there are faces EVERYWHERE!!! Sagen the astronomer / shrink

Created a neat little theory that fits right into the ideals of psychology.... A thorn in the side of real supernatural research.

Judeaous

Lol, come on, you cut out the entire picture into the shape of a human. That's not very fair. :P

Well Jerry I did, but as u see, it didn't take much effort, the image is there cut out, or not. From head to torso. A ghost

Ain't gonna smile and say cheese Jerry, ya gotta ferret em out.

Judeaous

Pariedolia is a nonsensical theory adopted by the field of psychology to explain away the supernatural. Before Ole Carl stared up at the man in the moon..... There was no explanation for the REAL phenomenon.... That there are faces EVERYWHERE!!! Sagen the astronomer / shrink

Created a neat little theory that fits right into the ideals of psychology.... A thorn in the side of real supernatural research.

Judeaous

So, it's a lot more logical to believe it's a ghost? :rolleyes:

Always use occams razor. :tu:

Judeaous

So exactly how would you explain how faces can be seen in normal everyday natural (and manmade) objects?

As for the word pareidolia, what's wrong with anybody making up a word to cover these things. New words are being thought of every day and a lot are being included in the OED as 'real' words every year. That is how a language grows.

But when somebody starts cropping, enhancing or cutting out figures from photographs and disregarding the surrounding image, that is what I call falsification and/or a vivid imagination.

If you want to believe that this video contains ghosts, then feel free. But what I suggest you do is use a little common sense as well and look at it logically.. Whether you like it or not, nature produces what we see to be faces in things. New technology such as photography, whether digital or not, produces effects which can look paranormal to the inexperienced photographer.

So Carl Sagan , with all his intellect, made up a word which you dont like because it flies in the face of what you think is real. You dont need a degree in anything to know that nature creates faces in things all the time. Or what us humans recognise as faces. Simple fact. :)

:tu::nw:

Completely agree here!

I can't explain y faces are everywhere, and neither could sagen.... As a psychologist views all ghost pics as pariedillia, I as a supernaturalist view many pics dismissed as pariedolia, .... Ghosts. Pariedillia is just another word for "mistaken identity", but... "dyphemises" that meaning, with psychological implications that rule out just about any ghost pic out there. What's sad is how this unproven theory is taken seriously by people here!! Another thing...why is paridollia 98 percent human or animal??? Why not the Brooklyn Bridge?? Evil Kenivals motorcycle?? A toaster oven??? It's always the once living!!!! Look at the detail in my pic.... It's there a ghost in the trees..... Hey, I'll create a phraise for us supernaturalists called ""wizard of ozz syndrome""..... Ignore the little ghost behind the curtain, it's not really there, it's just "pariedolia".... You get the gist.

I almost grabbed a piece of white paper from my printer, looked for faces, or bodies....I was going to take a picture of said white paper, and than cut out the face I saw.......I mean they are everywhere.

I decided it would not be as funny on video as it was in my head...... I took a picture instead, and used the " negative " effect on my phone....This is what I got.

faces.gif

Edited by Sakari

I am confused as to why you would even regard this as being the most unbelievable ghost "pic" on Youtube. Doctoring of said photographs is CLEARLY evident.

Jesus-Facepalm.jpg

As with your previous posts, playing with random digital image noise and further editing to compile what is actually artwork never will be evidence of anything other than Pareidolia.

I can't explain y faces are everywhere, and neither could sagen.... As a psychologist views all ghost pics as pariedillia, I as a supernaturalist view many pics dismissed as pariedolia, .... Ghosts. Pariedillia is just another word for "mistaken identity", but... "dyphemises" that meaning, with psychological implications that rule out just about any ghost pic out there. What's sad is how this unproven theory is taken seriously by people here!! Another thing...why is paridollia 98 percent human or animal??? Why not the Brooklyn Bridge?? Evil Kenivals motorcycle?? A toaster oven??? It's always the once living!!!! Look at the detail in my pic.... It's there a ghost in the trees..... Hey, I'll create a phraise for us supernaturalists called ""wizard of ozz syndrome""..... Ignore the little ghost behind the curtain, it's not really there, it's just "pariedolia".... You get the gist.

I can explain why faces are everywhere. We, as humans recognise faces. It is in our evolutionary make-up to recognise such things. It does not take Sagan or anyone else to tell me that. It is just common sense to me. If you look carefully enough you could probably see all the other things you stated. Yes, even kneivel's motorcycle if you look hard enough. The only unproven theory is whether or not ghosts exist, or can be photogrpahed.

I have looked at the 'detail' in your photo and what you say is a ghost is probably not.

Show us the unenhanced full photograph. Then I will give you my opinion.

I can explain why faces are everywhere. We, as humans recognise faces. It is in our evolutionary make-up to recognise such things. It does not take Sagan or anyone else to tell me that. It is just common sense to me. If you look carefully enough you could probably see all the other things you stated. Yes, even kneivel's motorcycle if you look hard enough. The only unproven theory is whether or not ghosts exist, or can be photogrpahed.

I have looked at the 'detail' in your photo and what you say is a ghost is probably not.

Show us the unenhanced full photograph. Then I will give you my opinion.

Exactly. :tu: Our brains are made to notice faces, even if they're not really there.

Now alienated being....... What are some things we know about ghosts?? Well for one......THERE TRANSPARENT!!

And blend in!!! Without a bit of "technology" to expose there cover!!! You'll be looking 4 ever. I'm offering a new way, a "realistic" way to find ghosts. I show you a ghost in front of your eyes!! I didnt draw that image, just added a bit of contrast, and took away noise. You deny what your own eyes tell you??? The chances of that image "just being there" are a zillion to one!! , But the late Carl sagen says it's pariedolia, believe him and not your own eyes..

What are some things we know about ghosts??

They aren't real? :mellow:

Our brain is trained to recognize faces!!! Sagens theory again about evolution, and man recognizing false positives,

Because a positive positive could be the difference between life and death!!!! It's to bad that evolutionary science does not accept that theory as valid, and you will not find it anywhere in the science books. " just psych 1"

Seeing is believing!!! I dhow u a ghost, you give me psychology.

Our brain is trained to recognize faces!!! Sagens theory again about evolution, and man recognizing false positives,

Because a positive positive could be the difference between life and death!!!! It's to bad that evolutionary science does not accept that theory as valid, and you will not find it anywhere in the science books. " just psych 1"

So, are you saying that our brains are not 'trained' to recognise faces? Hmmmm. I wonder how often you forget your family and friends faces :cry:

I am not giving you 'psychology', I am giving you common sense.

Seeing is believing, yes. Seeing things that are not there and then enhancing them to say otherwise is unbelievable :)

Why not just show us the original unenhanced photo?

Judeaous

Take a look at the photograph below and tell me how many faces you see

edit photo taken 07 February 2012, 14:16:52 Further info can be supplied on request :)

post-121346-0-69335100-1328599237_thumb.

Edited by Englishgent

I dhow u a ghost, you give me psychology.

No, you show us something you claim is a ghost. Now although all claims are not equal (that famous Isaac Asimov quote about "one's ignorance is not equal to someone else's knowledge"), a claim of a vague photograph being proof of an unproven phenomena is less then equal to a claim that it's a known, albeit poorly understood, psychological phenomena.

Here's a really easy example of pareidolia. The smilies on this very site. :mellow::):(:angry: If you look at them, they really don't look like faces. They just have the very basic attributes of a human face. Yet, you instantly recognize them as faces. Even simpler ones like this. o_o