Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

assault weapons ban barack obama

  • Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#286    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostMag357, on 12 January 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

So then change things as you go along to give yourself leverage. Imagine that!  

Yes because sticking to the topic itself is just plain boring right?  Mash it up  lol

Quote

         Anyway...GUNS DON'T KILL, PEOPLE DO.                      

That is like a slogan from the NRA...  Colgate could get inspired by it and say - "TOOTHPASTE DON'T CLEAN YOUR TEETH, PEOPLE DO "...!!  Now that is smart thinking lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#287    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 January 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Yes because sticking to the topic itself is just plain boring right?  Mash it up  lol



That is like a slogan from the NRA...  Colgate could get inspired by it and say - "TOOTHPASTE DON'T CLEAN YOUR TEETH, PEOPLE DO "...!!  Now that is smart thinking lol

Hey Now, Stick to the topic. It's about guns not toothpaste. hardy har har

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. I call myself a Freelancer.

#288    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

well Assault Weapon Ban----Sounds like a NRA slogan.... Are you surprised theres is a good number of Americans that give to the NRA and have for years to protect there interests in Washington. Just like the AARP

Edited by AsteroidX, 12 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.


#289    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,758 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Don't avoid the question. Tell me exactly what you mean by that statement. That statement is a valid argument against gun control why?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#290    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostStellar, on 12 January 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

Don't avoid the question. Tell me exactly what you mean by that statement. That statement is a valid argument against gun control why?

It's very simple actually if you just give it a little thought. A gun doesn't have a brain, hands, fingers or legs. Now do you get it
or do I need to explain it further? Let me know if you're still struggling and need further explanation.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. I call myself a Freelancer.

#291    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 12,659 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

And youre free to ignore what I'm saying.

Some americans feel that something needs to be done. We're offering suggestions. Just because *you* don't like them doesn't mean we should stop.



And the thing is, if the criminal is less likely to have a gun, I'm also less likely to require one.
This is the nut of the argument.  Here in the US the criminal IS more likely to have a gun.

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#292    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,758 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostMag357, on 12 January 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:



It's very simple actually if you just give it a little thought. A gun doesn't have a brain, hands, fingers or legs. Now do you get it
or do I need to explain it further? Let me know if you're still struggling and need further explanation.

And you're saying that therefore controlling who has guns is unnecessary?

View Postand then, on 12 January 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

This is the nut of the argument.  Here in the US the criminal IS more likely to have a gun.

They are more likely because guns are so easily accessible.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#293    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,193 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostMag357, on 12 January 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Hey Now, Stick to the topic. It's about guns not toothpaste. hardy har har

But shampoo doesn't clean hair, people do..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#294    aztek

aztek

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,960 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostStellar, on 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

And you're saying that therefore controlling who has guns is unnecessary?



They are more likely because guns are so easily accessible.

explain controlling who has a gun.
reality proves you pretty much can't know who has a gun, black market is open 24\7 here, a crook might have no gun on papers, but in reality he just bought one, how do you plan controlling that.

and i want you to tell me a viable way to disarm gangs, and crooks without affecting law abiding gun owners.

Edited by aztek, 13 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#295    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,758 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

View Postaztek, on 13 January 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

explain controlling who has a gun.
reality proves you pretty much can't know who has a gun, black market is open 24\7 here, a crook might have no gun on papers, but in reality he just bought one, how do you plan controlling that.

and i want you to tell me a viable way to disarm gangs, and crooks without affecting law abiding gun owners.

So once again, are you saying there's no point in controlling who has a gun?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#296    aztek

aztek

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,960 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostStellar, on 13 January 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

So once again, are you saying there's no point in controlling who has a gun?

no, i just asked you a question, which you try to evade from. (my guess you know it is a fail, but can't admit it even to your self)

again, how do you see controlling who has a gun, and i want you to tell me a viable way to disarm gangs, and crooks without affecting law abiding gun owners.

Edited by aztek, 13 January 2013 - 01:32 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#297    Hawkin

Hawkin

    LiverEatenJohnson

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Truth

Attached Files


It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much of it can make you arrogant & egotistical.
Science would call me a Non-Conformist. Religion would call me a Heretic. I call myself a Freelancer.

#298    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,758 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

View Postaztek, on 13 January 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

no, i just asked you a question, which you try to evade from. (my guess you know it is a fail, but can't admit it even to your self)

again, how do you see controlling who has a gun, and i want you to tell me a viable way to disarm gangs, and crooks without affecting law abiding gun owners.

Listen, I'm the one here who started asking questions. I want them answered before I myself answer your questions. Frankly, I'm tired of even speaking to you personally Aztek, with your smug arrogance and accusations. Can you tell that no one else really responds to you either? Its for the same reason, aztek.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#299    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,758 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

View PostMag357, on 13 January 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Truth

Care to answer my question any time soon? Or is your sole purpose in this thread to derail the topic with references to abortion?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#300    aztek

aztek

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,960 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostStellar, on 13 January 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

Listen, I'm the one here who started asking questions. I want them answered before I myself answer your questions. Frankly, I'm tired of even speaking to you personally Aztek, with your smug arrogance and accusations. Can you tell that no one else really responds to you either? Its for the same reason, aztek.

so you have no answer,   just as i tough.
oh, btw, this is INTERNET, grow some skin. if you can't take that, no wonder you scared sh,,less of guns and ppl that want to keep them.

Edited by aztek, 13 January 2013 - 01:52 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users