Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stephen Fry: "only humans are homophobic"

stephen fry homophobic gay out4marriage

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#76    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

It's just a circular argument with no resolution, suffice it to say that the burden of proof does not rest on me to prove the fantastical.

Posted Image

;)

#77    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

Morals come from culture, not the other way around.

You are wrong. People are born with a sense of right and wrong - or in other words, morals. This is nondependant as to ones culture.

Give me empirical proof that your god created anything. A book of jewish fairy tales doesn't count.

More hatefulness spewed forth by you that you don't even recognize as such.

Tell me, who created the universe. How did everything around us come from absolutely nothing?

I could honestly care less about you, your friends, or your/their orientation.

Again, more hateful and smugness.

Nonetheless, don't care about me all you want. Don't go grouping me into categories I don't belong, however, based upon knowing nothing about me.

Oh, so you've managed to work up a full psychological profile of me based on a few statements and know now exactly how and why I feel the way I do about things, right?
Bravo.

Certain psychological principals apply across the board and have nothing to do with individuality.

Study psychology and you will find this to be true.

#78    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

I thought preaching was against the rules.

#79    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,920 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostBling, on 15 October 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

;)

Posted Image

;)

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#80    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

It's just a circular argument with no resolution, suffice it to say that the burden of proof does not rest on me to prove the fantastical.

I just asked this in the last response to you - tell me, where has all that has come to be come from to begin with? How did everything spring forth from nothing?

If you believe that, then you believe in the fantastical yourself.

Also, can you prove to me that God does not exist?

#81    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

That burden of proof lies on religion - see my post above

#82    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 October 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Can you chose to make yourself fall in love with someone of the same sex?  If you can.. can you tell me how easy it is?

Can you explain to me the relevance of this question as it applies to what I stated?

I don't know that people can "make" themselves fall in love with members of the same sex anymore than they can "make" themselves fall in love with someone of the opposite sex (or someone who is transgendered, etc).

As for the second question, again, it is no easier to fall in love with a member of the same sex than it is to fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

#83    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Being as I know there is only one God I would not believe I have turned away from yours (unless we believe in the same God of course).

That's it.. off into the darkness for you my friend..  You and I can have fun in the darkness.. Just don't tell my husband, he gets  a bit weird about that sort of thing  lol ..

That said, you'd be well within reason to state I have turned away from your god (or gods) if you truly believe in them and do your best to live by their laws due to the level of belief you hold in him/her/them.

You will be in darkness forever, and you wont know it, but you will be there, with no light.. and you wont notice it..and you will just be in darkness and not know it...So then you will not know . but hey it might teach you a lesson...and you wont know what that is, because its hidden in the darkness .. .......... :P

I haven't chosen "my" god. God has chosen me

So..he made you follow him? You didnt make a choice ?

They can only choose to turn towards Him

That is still choosing to follow god.. it is still a choice........  You chose to follow god..Just like  I did and everyone else who chose to... We made the decision...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 October 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#84    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 3,920 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

You are wrong. People are born with a sense of right and wrong - or in other words, morals. This is nondependant as to ones culture.

Have you ever studied ethnography and ethnology? How many cultural anthropology clase have you taken? Ever spent and time in the field with a more ancestral group of people?
Do all that, as I have, then tell me that morals do not come from culture.

More hatefulness spewed forth by you that you don't even recognize as such.

I didn't realize that asking for proof of something was hateful....

Tell me, who created the universe. How did everything around us come from absolutely nothing?

That second statement betrays your lack of science education. The observable universe did not 'come from absolutely nothing'. It could have come from quantum flucations, another universe, or could be a closed time-like curve, with no beginning nor no end. Cosmology and quantum physics are getting closer to an answer every day.

Again, more hateful and smugness.

Nonetheless, don't care about me all you want. Don't go grouping me into categories I don't belong, however, based upon knowing nothing about me.

I never grouped you anywhere. Sure, I implied it, and that was just me being smug. The fact remains, however, that you see homosexuality as something unnatural. It's not.

Certain psychological principals apply across the board and have nothing to do with individuality.

Study psychology and you will find this to be true.

I've studied much psychology. Your continued insistence on my 'hatefulness' simply isn't true. I can certainly be an ass at times ,but never hateful. Feel free to read all of my posts on this website. I'm far from hateful.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 15 October 2012 - 08:45 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#85    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,193 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 15 October 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Heh. I can't come in today, I got lost in a godless darkness.

Ohh my word.. that was funny.. :lol:

There's too much proselytizing going on in this thread for my liking....                

Come on, have fun with it.. I do   lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#86    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostBling, on 15 October 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

I thought preaching was against the rules.

It is, but no one here is preaching.

I am discussing my belief in God and responding to questions and comments posed to me. That is not against the rules anymore than you stating why you are an aetheist or Imaginarynumber1 stating his belief that the Bible is a book of jewish fairy tales.

#87    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 3,920 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

I just asked this in the last response to you - tell me, where has all that has come to be come from to begin with? How did everything spring forth from nothing?

If you believe that, then you believe in the fantastical yourself.

Again, it didn't come from 'nothing'. As I stated, there are several hypothesis for how the observable universe came to be the way it is. 'God did it' is not an answer.

As Bling said, the burden of proof is not on me. You are the one making the claim.

#88    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostLeft-Field, on 15 October 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

It is, but no one here is preaching.

I am discussing my belief in God and responding to questions and comments posed to me. That is not against the rules anymore than you stating why you are an aetheist or Imaginarynumber1 stating his belief that the Bible is a book of jewish fairy tales.

Stating I'm an atheist is not against the rules.

#89    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,031 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'm in love with a girl, I wonder why it's so wrong to care about someone romantically that's the same gender as myself.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#90    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostBling, on 15 October 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

That burden of proof lies on religion - see my post above

Your post above states you are an athesist because science cannot prove God exists.

Science cannot prove how everything around us came to be either. That being the case, do you believe that nothing is real?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users